The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #7126
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Just a guess here, but after you got his paw out of the collar, he got a cramp in his arm...
A REALLY BAD ONE.
Similar thing happened to my male cat - hence I now only use safety collars. I'd rather he lose one every 12-18 months instead of having the cat strangle to death.

Closest thing to Hello Kitty I could find for ya.

Last edited by classicman; 06-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #7127
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Approximately 3 more hours then I am off until next Tuesday. Now, if I can just survive the next three hours. I have short-timer's syndrome.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #7128
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh poor kitty! Musthave been really distressing for him Glad he's ok.

I am feeling a lot better today than I was last night. I did have a rocky hour or so earlier in the day when my mood plummetted suddenly over something utterly trivial (unbelievably trivial: not being able to make an online payment because the system kept crashing) but am back to sunshine and smiles again now Even when I sank earlier it wasn;t as bad as last night, I think because as it started I recognised it and was able to ride it out a bit better.

I've been excited all day because I knew Sundae's packages wuold be arriving

Incidentally: I know it's wrong of me but I can't hear/read the name Sandy Possum without snickering a little. It just sounds like a euphemism to me.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #7129
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

I bought an E-bike/scooter!!! I love it.

I do not have a drivers licence, nor do I really want one. I am afraid of driving. This gives me transportation and freedom, without the big car, or for that matter a flimsy bike. (pedal bikes scare me too... I was "wind pushed" under the wheels of a semi when I was a kid, no real damage, just got to pick gravel out of the road rash for over 2 weeks)

I get up to 40KM/hr, and am quite comfy at 25/30KM. It makes my 22 min walk to work take 8 mins, takes my hubby in the car 4-5 mins. No more waiting for my hubby to get off work, or whatever, to take me on small errands. I can do them myself.

I get 60KM on a charge, and it costs me 15-20 cents in electricity to charge it. I bought a second hand one from a dealer for $600. I figure get used to one, make sure I like it and will use it, before I spend the $1200ish for a new one. This one is 3 seasons old, is in great shape and had 650KM on it!
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #7130
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Dana: I'm glad you're feeling better.

Wonderful, Jaydaan. Although walking is good for your health, time is money and independence is superb.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #7131
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydaan View Post
I bought an E-bike/scooter!!! I love it.

I do not have a drivers licence, nor do I really want one. I am afraid of driving. This gives me transportation and freedom, without the big car, or for that matter a flimsy bike. (pedal bikes scare me too... I was "wind pushed" under the wheels of a semi when I was a kid, no real damage, just got to pick gravel out of the road rash for over 2 weeks)

I get up to 40KM/hr, and am quite comfy at 25/30KM. It makes my 22 min walk to work take 8 mins, takes my hubby in the car 4-5 mins. No more waiting for my hubby to get off work, or whatever, to take me on small errands. I can do them myself.

I get 60KM on a charge, and it costs me 15-20 cents in electricity to charge it. I bought a second hand one from a dealer for $600. I figure get used to one, make sure I like it and will use it, before I spend the $1200ish for a new one. This one is 3 seasons old, is in great shape and had 650KM on it!
Cool Beans! post photos!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #7132
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Wow, that's neat!

The fact that you only work a 22-minute walk away from your house, I mean. I guess the bike's pretty cool too. That being said, I'm curious how this bike fares in snowy weather?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #7133
Jaydaan

Not sure if this will work...
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=b0a1565511
Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #7134
Jaydaan

People do ride these all year, I am not sure if I will. They are rated to -15C, you can get "winter tires" for them too.
Lola, I work in a beer store... hahhaha I lift hundreds of pounds of beer cases and wine cases a day. I still get excercise. This just means I have to get off my lazy butt when I get home and walk my dog more often.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #7135
Jaydaan

This album also shows my new comforter and curtains, as well as the crystal tree I made.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #7136
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They let you ride that on the road without a license?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #7137
Jaydaan

Yes, its a battery assisted bike. It had pedals too. I have to follow all bike laws and rules of the road, but yes.
Cool huh?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #7138
Nirvana
Back in 10

That was funny Wolf!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #7139
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydaan View Post
Lola, I work in a beer store... hahhaha I lift hundreds of pounds of beer cases and wine cases a day. I still get excercise. This just means I have to get off my lazy butt when I get home and walk my dog more often.
Super woman! I would like to see your arms. Woman, do you get back pain. My back hurts just reading that line.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #7140
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

I am feeling a lot better today than I was last night. I did have a rocky hour or so earlier in the day when my mood plummetted suddenly over something utterly trivial (unbelievably trivial: not being able to make an online payment because the system kept crashing) but am back to sunshine and smiles again now Even when I sank earlier it wasn;t as bad as last night, I think because as it started I recognised it and was able to ride it out a bit better.

I've been excited all day because I knew Sundae's packages wuold be arriving

Incidentally: I know it's wrong of me but I can't hear/read the name Sandy Possum without snickering a little. It just sounds like a euphemism to me.
Glad that you're feeling a bit better Dana. Tell us, tell us, what was in the package from Sundae? (and this calls for a bit of a jump up and down and clapping Japanese girl style).

What euphemism does Sandy Possum remind you of?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote