The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #721
glatt

All I know about his illness was that his gaunt face has been plastered over the tabloids at the checkout lines for several months. I'll be glad when those are gone.

I'm not glad that he's gone though. Poor guy. Fuck cancer.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #722
monster
I hear them call the tide

I thought putting him on my death list was a certain way to ensure his survivial. I have never got one right yet..... well, until now
Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #723
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Keith Floyd
I'll raise a glass.

BTW Mon, that's what I thought about John Mortimer indeed.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #724
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

I remember seeing Patrick Swayze mowing the lawn of his summer house in a Speedo - He was always friendly with a "Hello!" and a wave. Even in a Speedo. RIP Patrick.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #725
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Seriously, Queen? You used to live next to him?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #726
monster

keith floyd too? Our radio station is calling it "The Summer of Death" because so many major celebs are kicking the bucket -and they don't even know about the British ones
Old 09-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #727
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche View Post
I remember seeing Patrick Swayze mowing the lawn of his summer house in a Speedo - He was always friendly with a "Hello!" and a wave. Even in a Speedo. RIP Patrick.
pics or it never happened........
Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #728
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
sadly, in all of QOTR's Swayze pics he's no longer wearing the speedo...
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #729
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I was a pretty big Swayze fan for a guy. "Road House" is one of my guilty pleasures since I get to watch both him and Sam Elliott be badasses.

Swayze always seemed to be a really likeable guy, pretty down to Earth, realistic about his gifts and fortunes in the business. He and his wife were an amazing couple as far as I could tell. There's something to this dancing with the Mrs thing, I think.

Hands down, my favorite film of his was "To Wong Foo". By all accounts, it was a part he wanted badly, and probably not just because he got to wear dresses. As with most serious actors, he wanted to be something on screen besides beefcake, and as Miss Vida Boheme, he most certainly was. Stunning performance, not only by him but by Snipes and Leguizamo as well.

Rest well, Patrick. You'll be missed.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #730
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

A twofer of 60's classics today. Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary, and Henry Gibson from Laugh In, both 72, both victims of cancer.

The local Pagan community also lost another member last night, Marge, a talented artist and potter, who finally succumbed to inflammatory breast cancer. Her condition was diagnosed by my friends (both old HS girlfriends, actually) Liz and Brenda who were visiting at the Pagan festival a few years ago. They're both nurses, Brenda an oncology nurse, and when Marge found out, she asked them to examine her. They nailed the diagnosis, but her survival was much longer than normal.

Been a damned bad week mortality wise.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #731
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

So sorry Pat. This year has been horrible for so many. It seems as though too many good people are having terrible things happen to them.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #732
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Mary Travers from Peter, Paul & Mary passed away. I've been listening to her sing all my life. And I met her once at a Democratic fund raiser in NY a long time ago. Very nice and very intimidating.
Like an Amazon Queen but so kind. Rest in peace.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #733
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
keith floyd too? Our radio station is calling it "The Summer of Death" because so many major celebs are kicking the bucket -and they don't even know about the British ones
Did you hear Sir Bobby Robson went earlier this year? I didn't post here because he didn't mean anything to me personally, but I forgot you might not have heard. He was 76. It's all my Dad's generation starting to go now - very sad.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #734
monster

Yes, thanks, I think someone did post it here, I thought it was you! I do have the BBC news as one of my home page tabs, so I do keep reasonably up-to-date, although occasionally something slips through the net if I have a busy day or the BBC chooses not to report something....
Old 09-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #735
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
Hands down, my favorite film of his was "To Wong Foo". By all accounts, it was a part he wanted badly, and probably not just because he got to wear dresses. As with most serious actors, he wanted to be something on screen besides beefcake, and as Miss Vida Boheme, he most certainly was. Stunning performance, not only by him but by Snipes and Leguizamo as well.

Rest well, Patrick. You'll be missed.
THAT was a great movie...I forgot that he was in it. Those guys did such a fantastic job.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sundae's got a gun.....