Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #61
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
He was in office for a whole two weeks when he was nominated.

Still better him than, say Ahmajinedad.
Interestingly, I think that had Ahmajinedad won the same people who mindlessly praise Obama would have been equally joyous. (Incidentally, what about him being Jewish, eh? you think he's a sleeper who is there to make sure that the Apocalypse comes to pass in this generation? Speaking of which this whole Obama/Peace Prize thing ... could be evidence of my theory that he is the Biblical Antichrist).

I need more sleep. The stress is getting to me.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #62
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Interestingly, I think that had Ahmajinedad won the same people who mindlessly praise Obama would have been equally joyous. ....
I don't think so.

I'm amused that so many anti-Obama-ans-ites appear to blame Obama for this, as though he nominated himself, then he gave himself the award. It seems to me that he was a victim of circumstances!:p The prize was forced on him because he's half African American. This never would have happened to a fully European American man.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #63
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
This is the Nobel I'm slightly smarter and better then you prize. But they gave the prize to Arafat. They gave the prize to Kissinger. It's a meaningless prize.

Not always meaningless (i.e. Nelson Mandela), but F. W. De Klerk can be added to the Arafat, Kissinger questionable list of winners.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #64
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

I really don't care, because it(Nobel Prize) has become irrelevant. But I do care about the world hug. I get the heeby geebies thinking about the STDs that crowd would transmit.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #65
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
I really don't care, because it(Nobel Prize) has become irrelevant. But I do care about the world hug. I get the heeby geebies thinking about the STDs that crowd would transmit.
If you're worried about STDs from a hug, then you're doing it wrong.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #66
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I'm amused that so many anti-Obama-ans-ites appear to blame Obama for this,
Bullshit! Flag!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #67
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Bullshit! Flag!
Upon further review, there is no foul.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #68
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

??? I haven't seen anyone blaming Obama. There are many who don't think it is/was deserved, but no one actually blaming him.

Booth review - The play stands.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #69
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Figured I'd start this thread before Merc could.

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Honestly, I think it's ballsy, but ultimately meaningless. I will note that they sure do spend a lot of time using the prize as a political slap in the face to George W. Bush--first Jimmy Carter in 2002, then Al Gore in 2005, and now Barack Obama.

I don't think any of those was a slap in the face to George W. Bush. All of these men did a lot to earn their Nobel Prizes, especially Al Gore for exposing that man-made global warming isn't a theory, an idea, a concept, or as idiots claim.... a fraud, a hoax, etc. Man-made global warming is an indisputable scientific fact. It is an undeniable and irrefutable truth that we must take drastic action to fix, or face our own destruction.

Contrary to what some idiots claim, Barack Obama actually has done a lot to promote peace in the world through what he's already done in such a short time. Merely reversing the horrific foreign policy of the Bush administration should earn him this, but ordering the closure of Gitmo, coming out against the use of torture for interrogation, ending the Iraq war, and bringing home or re-assigning most of the troops that were there, choosing to talk with other nations rather than telling them to comply or get sanctions and bombs, etc.

The actions of President Obama promote peace both here and abroad, including his valuable work on health care reform in America.

The true colors of these scumbag neocons really shows when the President of America wins the Nobel Peace Prize and rather than saying, "Hooray, a sitting American president won the single most prestigious, important, and meaningful honor on earth!!!" and being happy for America, they talk shit about him. They did the same thing when he tried to bring the Olympics to America, including the thousands of jobs, billions of dollars, international prestige and good will, etc. They hoped that another country would get it and cheered when America didn't.

Clearly these idiots hate President Obama more than they love America. They are like the so-called Palestinian people who hate Jews more than they love their own children. They'd cut off their nose just to spite their face. They are bitter, nasty, pathetic, and unpatriotic losers.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #70
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
The true colors of these scumbag neocons really shows when the President of America wins the Nobel Peace Prize and rather than saying, "Hooray, a sitting American president won the single most prestigious, important, and meaningful honor on earth!!!" and being happy for America, they talk shit about him. They did the same thing when he tried to bring the Olympics to America, including the thousands of jobs, billions of dollars, international prestige and good will, etc. They hoped that another country would get it and cheered when America didn't.

Clearly these idiots hate President Obama more than they love America. They are like the so-called Palestinian people who hate Jews more than they love their own children. They'd cut off their nose just to spite their face. They are bitter, nasty, pathetic, and unpatriotic losers.
Yeah, that's how I feel. Nice post Radar.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #71
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Thanks Shawnee. These guys want President Obama fail at anything so badly, they don't care whether America loses, as long as he loses too.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #72
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I've said that all along. To me, that is the ultimate in illness, that being right is more important than hoping this will be the best thing for our country, for our progeny, for us. No, we'd rather see "fail" because we get to say "I told you so." Sad, is what that attitude is.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #73
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
I don't think any of those was a slap in the face to George W. Bush... Merely reversing the horrific foreign policy of the Bush administration should earn him this,
See what you did there?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #74
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
See what you did there?
You might have a point if awarding a peace prize to a man that reverses the foreign policy of a war monger who started unwarranted, unprovoked, unreasonable, and unconstitutional wars of aggression against nations that posed no harm to our own were a slap in the face of that war monger. It is not.

Rewarding someone for reversing failed policies isn't a slap in the face of the person who made the failed policies. It is merely kudos to the person who got us back on the right track. In this case, it's kudos to the person who is taking steps to make less enemies, to calm existing enemies caused by the previous administration, and to take a more reasonable and intelligent approach to foreign relations. In other words, the Nobel Peace Prize went to a deserving person who has taken real steps toward increasing World Peace.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #75
Flint
Snowflake

total tail post

If someone would be kind enough to tell me...

Is there anyone (anyone at all) who thinks this was a good idea?

I mean, they were ripping him a new asshole on the day this was announced--and that was on NPR!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote