The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-26-2004, 08:29 PM   #61
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I remenber back in wood class at school we were given the lecture of safety on this sanding machine.

we were given a pamphlet where this girl's long hair was caught in the sander and the machine scalped her.

My favorite "machine revenge" story comes from Middle School shop class, in which one of the bully kids stole a girl's purse when the teacher had stepped away from class. He wouldn't return it and none of us were willing to confront him, so the poor girl was left to try to swipe it back as he held it high above her head. As her attempts became more and more desperate, it was soon clear the bully was really enjoying her frustration, so he decided to take it a level further by switching on the buffer and telling her he was going to polish it for her before returning it. He obviously intended to ruin the purse, so he pressed it against the buffer wheel pretty hard.

Even then it seemed that the buffer knew what was going on, and it certainly wasn't going to take any shit from someone so mean. I witnessed as the fast spinning wheel grabbed the strap, tore one end from the purse, wound it tight, then tore the other end free and began to beat the bully with the buckle end. It all happened so fast: a quick series of five or six slapping noises was followed by a whole lot of blood dripping on the floor and a very confused bully. He's fortunate to not have lost en eye in the ordeal, but he did get to keep some nice scars on his face.

Machine revenge is the best revenge.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:34 PM   #62
Telefunken
Going for the DX

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
May I ask, Telefunken, if there's a context for your question on this subject? Or is it just idle curiosity?
The context is mostly out of curiosity*. I believe there is a point where a person simply shuts down from experiencing too much pain. Also add emotional pain to the equasion.

* mostly morbid curiosity
Telefunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:13 PM   #63
Shattered Soul
Shuttered and locked

Oh--well, if emotional pain is allowed, I think that a tremendous betrayal that you never expected in a million years, from someone you never expected it from, could cause one to shut down. Emotionally, that is.

Everyone knows what I'm talking about... the, "I'm just NOT believing this..." point, where not only does your mind find it exceedingly difficult to wrap itself around whatever's happened, but you become so numb you can barely think at all.

Like when your very best friend since kindergarten screws you, or your wife screws you (with your very best friend from kindergarten?)...Yep, I think something like that could cause a person to shut down.

And for the record, no, my wife has never screwed me over with my best friend from kindergarten. It was an example. (With this bunch, I feel it necessary to make such clarifications, because, well, you never know )
Old 02-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #64
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
-LumberGym
And you say I'm a funny mofo. Smartass.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:19 PM   #65
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar

Betcha wished ya hadn't asked now, huh?
No...I wish it hadn't *happened*.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:41 PM   #66
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent
I said it before, I'lll say it again. Fuck.

An ex of mine used to bring this up all the time and it strikes me now: What do 90% of the people who commit attrocities like this against others have in common? They're men.

I apologize for my sex. I know women can be every bit as nasty, but something like that just casts a wide net.
Loraine Bobbit
Old 02-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #67
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Pain , well lets see , shot with a .22mag, stabed with a k-bar , 42 stiches across my head for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and the wrong color , multiple broken fingers and toes ( DON'T punch or kick heavy things when you are mad) .
The worst HAS to be when i was about 10-11 I broke both the bones in my left fore arm , the break didn't hurt so match ( i was just sitting there as the dust settled trying to figuer out WHY my arm was at such a weird angle ) , at the emargency room they did a nerve block at the sholder ( ever been to the dentist and he does a nerve block and it kills half of your face ?). To do the nerve block they called in all the BIG orderlys to hold me down , it was like some body drove a red hot nail into my arm pit then poked around , they knew they had hit the right spot when i screamed and an orderly went flying across the room . My mom was a nurse at one point so she was in there while this was going on , after ward she walked calmly into the hall and passed out sliding down the wall . It was wild when it kicked in , i could flop my arm around most grossly . The DR. set my arm and then Un-set it so he could show some students how it was done . then later that nite the nerve block started to wear off , BAD NITE !!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #68
zippyt

OC , first let me say you are a STRONG lady to have survived all that , and STRONGER still for being able to talk about it as openly and honestly as you do .

One question ( and please don't take this wrong ) , where was your family ( mom, dad , sister , brother , aunt , uncle ) while all this was going on ?? I know if i had heard about his type of stuff going on against one of my family members , I would be the one in jail for murder and dismemberment .
Old 02-27-2004, 08:40 AM   #69
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by zippyt
One question ( and please don't take this wrong ) , where was your family ( mom, dad , sister , brother , aunt , uncle ) while all this was going on ?? I know if i had heard about his type of stuff going on against one of my family members , I would be the one in jail for murder and dismemberment .
Had my family been aware, I would not only have been so outta there, but he would have been a dead man. During this portion of the marriage, I was living 45 minutes from my Dad, and 6 hours from my Mother and my Sister. I talked to them all on the phone, of course, but rarely saw them.

Trav told me that should my family ever find out, he would kill me, then hunt every one of them down (including my sister's kids) and kill them, then kill himself. If I leaved, he would do the same. I believed him.

Before people know the whole story, they say, "oh, he wouldn't have done that. He was bluffing." Then I tell them the rest and get a very quiet, "oh"
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #70
jaguar
whig

Quote:
Pain , well lets see , shot with a .22mag, stabed with a k-bar , 42 stiches across my head for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and the wrong color
ow.
All in one go? Damn. I assume that was the warning right?

Been shot at but never hit. Kinda glad.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #71
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I was hit in the eye with a BB once. { memories of "A Christmas Story" } Luckily, it was a riccochet, so it just hurt a lot for about a day...
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #72
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune
[i] I witnessed as the fast spinning wheel grabbed the strap, tore one end from the purse, wound it tight, then tore the other end free and began to beat the bully with the buckle end.
Fast forward to present day, where the school district loses a multi-million dollar lawsuit for 1) failure to provide proper supervision, 2) failure to install proper guards 3) failure to use lockout/tagout procedures 4) inadequate medical response.

The manufacturer of the machine gets sued for everything anyone can think of.

The girl gets sued for having a purse with a buckle on the strap, which nowadays is a dangerous weapon.

Everyone who witnessed the incident receives intensive intervention counseling.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:53 AM   #73
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And the bully receive counseling, therapy, tutoring and special treatment that propel him to the vice presidency of the United States.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #74
zippyt

Quote:
ow.
All in one go? Damn. I assume that was the warning right?
Nopers , that is just the big hurt tally of my life so far , lots of smaller ones like hitting the asphault at about 35 off a 10 speed , lots of road rash from that one .
Old 02-27-2004, 11:57 PM   #75
jaguar
whig

So you were shot, stabbed and left for dead?
ow..