The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #61
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Sorry to spoil the mystery, but Bush won. I will refrain from detailed commentary on the way Michael Moore tells that particular tale as I have not seen Fahrenheit 9/11. Other people are free to jump all over that puppy. I would suspect that most people who remember the 2000 election don't remember it the way he does, however.
I haven't seen it either, wouldn't waste my money on it, but I'm patiently awaiting my copy of FahrenHYPE 9/11 that should arrive in the mail any day now.

Annoying trait=Registered Republican
Old 10-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #62
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Mari, how good are you about keeping your wallet where it belongs? Maybe not the stuff inside, but the wallet itself? I propose a wallet with a chain.

I have a wallet chain so my keys and wallet are all in one unit. I also keep a bunch of extra keys that don't go to anything on the chain (including a fire extinguisher key!) If I drop it, it makes all kinds of noise so there's no way I can miss it. I've gotten to the point where I know something's not right if I'm not carrying that 3 pounds of wallet and metal, so I never wander without realizing I don't have my wallet and keys. It also makes a pretty decent weapon. It's like having your own personal spiky ball on a chain that no cop will question you about having in public or using in your defense. Tried and true!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #63
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Sorry to spoil the mystery, but Bush won.
Yeah, I kind of gathered that from the film. I was wondering who that guy in the president's office was.

Maybe the rest of you can help me on another point, however. There was this part at the beginning of the film where all these black voters from Florida appeared before the Senate with petitions stating that their votes had been invalidated somehow, but not a single Senator would sign their letters of protest. What was up with that? Was that a true grievance or was it Moore propaganda? Again, I remember nothing of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
Mari, how good are you about keeping your wallet where it belongs? Maybe not the stuff inside, but the wallet itself? I propose a wallet with a chain...
Bwah-ha-ha-ha! Keeping my wallet where it belongs! That's a good one! (Where IS my wallet? hmmmm...) The trouble is that I never put stuff back in my wallet. I stuff cash, license, etc. absent-mindedly into my pockets or my purse or even my grocery bag and then forget that I did that. I DO use something similar to your trick, however. I've put one of those cute little beanie baby style lions on my key ring along with a small flash light. The bulk helps me to find my keys. Unfortunately, it doesn't prevent me from leaving them in my ignition. The other trouble is that I'm ALWAYS sensing something is wrong because something usually is, I just can't put my finger on it. I am developing some coping skills, though; like the spare keys with a friend thing, and if I have to remember something really important, I'll write a note to myself on the palm of my hand - learned that one from the movie, "Memento" (sp?). I was really impressed by the guy with the short term memory loss writing notes all over his body so he could remember things. I always loose my notes on paper. I hardly remember anything else from that movie, but I loved that one part.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:20 PM   #64
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I become ever more forgetful with every passing year. I look forward to the day when I can hide my own Easter eggs.

flippant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #65
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Maybe the rest of you can help me on another point, however. There was this part at the beginning of the film where all these black voters from Florida appeared before the Senate with petitions stating that their votes had been invalidated somehow, but not a single Senator would sign their letters of protest. What was up with that? Was that a true grievance or was it Moore propaganda? Again, I remember nothing of this.
It's not your memory. There wasn't much coverage of that event, with all of the other brouhaha over the election. What happened was that the Democratic senators made a deal with the Republicans to get equal representation in committees if they didn't sign on to the complaints. That deal was broken when Jeffords changed the equation.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote