The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #61
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
The camera was instituted to catch a thief in the act. To pretend that it is now for the other employees' safety is disingenuous, at best.
Not pretending anything, if you read my post above yours it can have multiple uses. Nothing disingenuous about that, is there? Exactly what is it you have against her protecting her investment in this business from thieves both inside and/or outside the company?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #62
Pie
Gone and done

Classic, let's agree to disagree. I know I would find it difficult to be a customer in such an establishment. You would feel safer, it seems.
There can be no meeting of the minds here.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #63
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Individuals may prefer a business environment with no CCTVs. Businesses may prefer one where every action and transaction of employees is monitored and filmed. All we really know is that if there was no video surveillance many of the programs on Fox and Spike would be canceled due to lack of new material.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #64
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I like the kick her in the cunt idea. go for that.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #65
classicman

Pie - I'm willing to agree to disagree - Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time, but please let me ask you this. Do you go to a bank or a 7-11 or any other convenience store, a department store, a Home Depot or Lowe's, a supermarket of virtually any kind or ever use an ATM? If so, I really do not understand the difference. All of the aforementioned have cctv systems in place.

I am trying to see your point here and for whatever reason - perhaps I'm just that dense - I'm not getting it. What exactly is the negative to Ducks protecting her interests and possibly her employees from theft, false accusation via accident or any other malicious intent from internal or external individuals? This could simply be viewed as prevention for a situation much like that which has already occurred.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #66
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

If I were in Duck's position, this recent situation would have been a bit of a wake up call I suspect. The simple fact is, that there are dishonest people all over the place. Sure there are plenty more honest people, but when it all comes down to it, we've probably all been caught out by someone we trusted at some stage in our lives.

As a business owner, she can't claim her (larger) losses on tax or insurance if she has no evidence that her losses weren't soley out of her control. Having a security camera on the till in future is a wise investment and I'd recommend it. Along with detering staff from putting sticky fingers in the till, it might just deter a real live robbery.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #67
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

There's also the chance that one's spouse is cheating, so do you have video cameras hidden in your bedroom?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #68
Aliantha

Well, sometimes there's a camera in the room...but it's not hidden.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #69
jinx
Come on, cat.

I for one cannot wait until Nov 4th, so that everyfuckingthing, including theft mitigation options in another fucking country will no longer have to be argued from a liberal/conservative perspective. Jesus fucking christ on a popcicle stick.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #70
Aliantha

What makes you think there'll be any difference in the way things are discussed on the cellar.org after the 4th of Nov? Do you really think it'll make much difference regardless of who wins?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #71
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

*sigh* its not getting any better...I'm tempted to sack them all and start again.

We are having a meeting tonite to talk about things that are shitting everybody.

Re: the camera, the girls are *really* edgy at the moment, and feeling particularly hen picked, which wont be any better after tonite....apparently the time from 9-10 am is for breakfast that you didnt have at home and to apply your make-up so I wont be doing anything with it at this stage.

Horse dude and I can probably make use of it
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #72
classicman

This may have been a symptom of a larger problem. Perhaps a resh start may be a good idea. I wish you well either way.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #73
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sack 'em all, turn the place into a brothel, and rehire them at a 20% pay cut.
They've been screwing you, time they did some screwing FOR you.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #74
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
I for one cannot wait until Nov 4th, so that everyfuckingthing, including theft mitigation options in another fucking country will no longer have to be argued from a liberal/conservative perspective. Jesus fucking christ on a popcicle stick.
That's why I haven't been responding full-out to cm, for what it's worth.I'm fed up with the talking-head mentality too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
Nevermind, classic. I should remember never to poke the conservatives.
CM's on my ignore list, mmm'kay?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #75
monster
I hear them call the tide

lots of cunts to kick -lots of shoes to replace....