The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #76
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Re: Reciprocating saws.

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
OK< Now I'm getting a woody.
Well, you know, that's what saws are for, to saw off... well. Anyway.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #77
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

"Hmm, lemme see," I said, and took the offered blade from her and started flipping it around in a manner that would have made Bruce Lee proud. She made a little squeaking noise for some reason ... come to think of it, she doesn't work for us anymore ... I wonder why?
Wuss. I would've clapped.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:38 PM   #78
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Okay. Let's talk drills.

HB tested and approved:

<p><br>
</p>
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #79
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I figured I'd get some shit for the hair-dyeing, but it's all good. You can all go fuck yourselves.

I have a basic toolkit, but I'm not mechanically inclined.

I love fast cars, but I have a grocery-getter.

No tractor, no digicam, a couple of knives that I can't find...and I use a Mach 3.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:20 PM   #80
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

All righty then , I was just ragging on SYC , but hell this MANLY thread is going in the right direction now !!!!

Pistol : Glock 23 , it fit my hand better that the G22 and it is more concealable , also when i bought it the mag ban was just fixing to hit , 10 round mags were CHEAP !!! I have 5 . Fobis slide holster .

Tractor : the sun shade was on the tractor when i bought it , and it does get in the way some time , but it is so nich to stand on when i have to like clean out the gutters , or climb on the roof of the shed , or just need a mobile work platform about 6-7 feet off the ground . Kuboto B7100hst 4wd 16 HP .

Knifes : I ALL ways have a Spyderco dragonfly in my pocket , i also have an enduro ( plastic handle ) and one with a stainless handle ( for dress ocations ) , various swiss army knifes (victorenox ONLY !!!) , a gerber multi tool ( you can unscrew the tools and rearange them ) , a Spyderco multi tool ( FUCKING useless thing !!!) , 2 different columbia river folders , and a large assortment of various pocket knifes i have stumbled on to over the years ,
oh and wolf if you want to impress me with butterfly knifes , try working 2 at the same time , i can flip 1 up as i flip 1 down at the same time , that freaked out a would be mugger once .

Fixed blades , a kabar ( of corse ) , a cheap ass tanto point ( that will punch a hole in a wall locker ) a german baonette from WW1, and my fav is a Bianchi knight hawk ( exelent ballance , HARD ass steel , DAMN fine blade )

Recip saws : HELL YES !!!!

Big ass drill : i was useing one just like the pic once with a 1 1/2 auger bit on a ladder once , i found a nail and went flying .

Oh and HP are you fucking stupid working on a LIVE circut with an uninsulated tool ?????? You DESERVE to get shocked .
Old 12-17-2003, 07:30 PM   #81
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by zippyt
Oh and HP are you fucking stupid working on a LIVE circut with an uninsulated tool ?????? You DESERVE to get shocked .
Some would call me stupid. I am one such person.

I used to a lot of work on low-voltage circuits, and when there was a problem, I was too lazy to go grab my toolbox when I had my leatherman on me. It wasn't enough voltage to hurt anybody, just enough to cause a short spurt of spontaneous profanity. And I was practiced enough that I 95% of the time, I didn't get shocked. No biggie.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #82
zippyt

Quote:
HP said I used to a lot of work on low-voltage circuits, and when there was a problem, I was too lazy to go grab my toolbox when I had my leatherman on me. It wasn't enough voltage to hurt anybody, just enough to cause a short spurt of spontaneous profanity. And I was practiced enough that I 95% of the time, I didn't get shocked. No biggie.
I work on mostly 12v dc circuts and have worked on up to 440vac . It is BAD practis to use un insulated tools for ANY live circut . I know phone lines are only 52 vdc but you can short out other stuff when you get shocked and you jump and drop your leatherman and start the pissed off dance ( cussing and kicking ) .
besides leatherman tools are soft compaired to a good hardened tip pocket screwdriver. I carry a flat head , phillips , a small pair of dykes ( diaganal cutters for you non-tech folks) , a small set of channel locks ,and a small roll of electrical tape in my pockets at work ALL the time . Some times ( most of the time ) i can fix whats wrong with just these few tools.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #83
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I put a live phone wire in my mouth once.

I touched an electrical fence once.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #84
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I used to touch the ends of 9V batteries to my tongue.

And I've shocked myself on a couple of outlets...bad grounding perhaps...*shrugs*
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:40 PM   #85
zippyt

Quote:
UT said I put a live phone wire in my mouth once.
If it had rang at that instance you would have done the pissed off dance in time with the ringer !!!
I used to put alarms in . One day i was working with this butthead , just a total asshole !! He had this bad habbit of putting the end of wires in his maoth when he was wireing up panels . I just happen to be hooking up the end of one of these wires one day ( dedacated phone line ), i could see him thru the window , he put the wire in his mouth and i hooked it up to the phone block .
BOY did he do the pissed off dance
Old 12-17-2003, 09:38 PM   #86
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was working at a power plant in East Texas when it came time to pack up the work trailer. About 8 ft up on the side of the trailer was an access door about 18" square. Through this door went the 440 volt ac feed and the phone wire.
I would disconnect the phone lead and after we left, the plant electrician would disconnect the 440 volt line. It was well insulated but on an aluminum ladder, against an aluminum trailer with an earth ground, I would reach in gingerly the pull the phone line. Really not a biggy since phones are low voltage. Well, in East Texas the phones were using 110 volt dc. I thought I was a dead man.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:55 PM   #87
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I have only gotten two bad shocks in my life. As a young aspiring guitar player, I learned early on that bare feet on a dampish concrete floor is all wrong for playing the electric guitar.

As a somewhat older aspiring electrician's slave, I cut into a 220 volt line with a pair of sidecutters on order from the "journeyman" union electrician I was slaving for. "Oh, yeah, you can just cut that, the whole circuit is dead. Turned it off myself!"

Asshole.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:02 AM   #88
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

When i was young(14?), my mom borrowed a friends rototiller to till her veg. garden.....she calls me over...tiller still running......and shouts over the din," how do you turn it off?!"

i inspected it, saw no kill switch of any kind, so i simply yanked the spark plug wire off. my hand bounced off that thing so hard, it swung around and slapped me in the back of the head. i still glow in the dark.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:06 AM   #89
zippyt

I had an experence with a TIG welder that left me 20 feet from where i started picking my smokeing ass up off the floor .

I snagged one of these bad boys a while back , Marlin .44mag .
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2003, 12:18 AM   #90
zippyt

Quote:
LJ said When i was young(14?), my mom borrowed a friends rototiller to till her veg. garden.....she calls me over...tiller still running......and shouts over the din," how do you turn it off?!" i inspected it, saw no kill switch of any kind, so i simply yanked the spark plug wire off. my hand bounced off that thing so hard, it swung around and slapped me in the back of the head. i still glow in the dark.
WELL DAMN THAT EXPLAINS ALOT !!!!!!!

Hey LJ come piss on this wire