The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #76
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hope it went well today, Bri
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #77
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Me too.

Drop in and let us know how it went Bri.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #78
DanaC

Quote:
Isn't it sad that I would have one of his feet in the grave already just to be sure about something instead of dealing with not knowing?
Don't be too hard on yourself Cic. A part of the human mind is always scanning for danger, for things that might threaten us, or destabilise us. Looking for and internally rehearsing how we'll respond. It's just a survival of that danger sense, when we try to 'pre-cope' with things we fear may occur.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #79
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
I think, even though medical wise we’ve come along way in treatments, that the word cancer is seen as almost un-beatable. It, in itself is almost an automatic death sentence. There are just so many types – it’s hard to comprehend that it can be beaten.
Cancer is now more survivable than it ever has been. Bri, being Bri, will kick cancer's ass and send it packing. Hell, she'll probably keep five or six of us cancer free in the process.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #80
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

The thing with the surgeon was fine but got kinda sucky news: seems like I have not one but two different kinds of cancer in this here breast which means, and I quote the surgeon, "it's a bad breast," which makes me feel sorry for it as it didn't start out in life bad but became bad thru a series of unfortunate choices and failed love affairs. Anyway, if it is confirmed to be two different types, the only safe choice is mastectomy. I have a feeling this is going to cut way, waaaaaay into my sex life. Damn it!

You have all been so beautiful to me, I so appreciate and cherish your good wishes. sometimes, you all leave me speechless with gratitude.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #81
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

This early am I was looking for something to give you encouragement. I know you will be ok but I was looking for some silly GIF or Poem but the only one that didn't seem cheesy was Dr. Suess. :P

Poems sometimes do set the worries free and I hope you can find comfort in the some of the poetry from the site I found. ( or any )The way that it is organized with the tabs at the top makes it really user friendly. I hope you find something you like.
http://www.writespirit.net/spiritual_poets
You are so cared about!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #82
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Bri,
Let me add ditto to the rest of the dwellars who have spoken my feelings more eloquently than I can I just had a tumor removed yesterday, results in a week or two. I had two tumors removed in June that were cancerous, so I suspect this was a remnant. No where near as serious as yours, because I've been having these things on and off since the 80's. Not fun to deal with, but I still have a happy life, and manage to keep a sick sense of humor despite all health problems. I think God put your post in front of me just today to keep me from whining about my condition.
I agree with the post about putting you on a pedestal(and looking up your dress,) I've been a Dwellar for several months, and have read a bunch of your stuff. I'll be praying for you, so hang tough, there are too many success stories out there to prove you can be a bigger success.
spudcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #83
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So sorry to hear the news. Now you have to make your own documentary called When Good Breasts Go Bad.

In fact that's a wonderful idea - you should contact TV companies to see if any are interested in documenting your experience and become a star worldwide, appearing on Oprah and taking five star trips to speak at women's conferences in London, Paris and Tokyo. There, now that's sorted please do keep us up to date. My Mum and her friend Breda are praying and lighting candles for you.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #84
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Oh Bri- how shitty..That's just crap.....hey if you ever want to we can pm each other back and forth with just curse words like virtual tourettes syndrome.
Well- maybe I'll just do it by myself....seems to make me feel better.

Bullshit! Bullshit!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #85
DanaC

Quote:
Oh Bri- how shitty..That's just crap.....hey if you ever want to we can pm each other back and forth with just curse words like virtual tourettes syndrome.
That'd be a great way of using gabbly chat....

Bri, that's some shitty news. You'll still be you without the Bad Breast (BB) though and will continue to outsexy the rest of us mortal Cellarinas, of that I have no doubt.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #86
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Well- maybe I'll just do it by myself....seems to make me feel better.

Bullshit! Bullshit!
lol you funny

hehe @ virtual tourettes
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #87
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Bri,

You are much more than your boobs and if that's what it takes to stay alive then do it.

By way of venting your anger, you may want this t-shirt from cafepress.com:
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #88
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

That shirt is great! It's so Bri.

Bri, how are you doing, haven't seen you in a couple days?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #89
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I am ok, thanks.

actually, I've been drinking since i got back. today my pal came over and gave me a perc and an oxy. I took both of them and I am going to go gety some more smirnoff before class.

I'm really kinda tired. I don't know what to do.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #90
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

You won't be driving will you? Will you make it to class? Please be careful!