The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-06-2004, 05:03 AM   #91
Billy
Professor

Ancient Furniture in Panlilou Villa, most important villa in the big house.
Quote:
Panlilou Villa. Built it in April of 1931, the area of projection of the building is 146 square meters, 11.6M x 12.6M, The floor is three and a half stories high. Floor name that garden thank and link and stand gentleman draw his father thank holy to melt and one's own name unite pearls and succeed mainly, Garden main fact and four madam life in the center of daily life. Its rooftop China ancient type glazed tiles layers of eaves building, and ingenious in impracticable to become and insulate against heat layer. Indoor ground and stair all Italian color stone, wall fitting China ancient personage story for large-scale mural painting, relief and paint gold wood carving of subject matter. Each layer put Western-style fireplace, hang ancient type lamp decoration, furnish graceful sour pieces of ancient type furniture, Edible water and hygiene facility import from foreign countries, but partial view overseas Chinese life situation of daily life of 70 year.
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:13 AM   #92
Billy
Professor

Traditional Chinese painting. Last weekend I happened to see the painting exhibition. To be frank, I also cannot understand the paitings. Can you see something from the drawing?
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2004, 08:45 AM   #93
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The top looks like mountains with occasional trees and houses, and the bottom looks like red flowers on a tree branch. Doesn't quite look like a cherry blossom tree though.

Unless you're referring to an emotional reaction from these paintings, in which case, yes, they evoke tranquility to me.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:54 AM   #94
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The top one looks like a fog-enshrouded mountain valley.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #95
Billy
Professor

The Mountain is in the fog and cloud. In the bottom there are chrysanthemum, megranate, lotus and cherry.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00 AM   #96
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

To be frank, I also cannot understand the paitings. Can you see something from the drawing?

What did you mean when you said this, Billy?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #97
Billy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
To be frank, I also cannot understand the paitings. Can you see something from the drawing?
What did you mean when you said this, Billy?
I don't know how to judge the beauty of the paintings and what the painter want to express.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #98
warch
lurkin old school

Its been my experience that often painters are not intending to express one exact thing, particularly when their images are more loose or abstracted. Many are hoping their work inspires an emotional response, personal reflection and curiosity- viewers make the meaning, based on what they bring and know. Of course, sometimes you know alot about the context in which something was made, sometimes not so much!

I wonder if the landscape is based on a real, recognizable place, or references a work of poetry or other literature. I wonder if the multiple panels tell a story, what the calligraphy says. And I wonder if there is some sort of cultural symbolism attached to the series of 4 plants depicted. Seasons? Blessings?
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:34 PM   #99
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
Traditional Chinese painting. Last weekend I happened to see the painting exhibition. To be frank, I also cannot understand the paitings. Can you see something from the drawing?
They are previews from the next episode of Survivor.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 07:36 AM   #100
Billy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
I wonder if the landscape is based on a real, recognizable place, or references a work of poetry or other literature. I wonder if the multiple panels tell a story, what the calligraphy says. And I wonder if there is some sort of cultural symbolism attached to the series of 4 plants depicted. Seasons? Blessings?
The first landscape is really based on Jigong Mountain. The four plants present four personalities.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:13 PM   #101
Billy
Professor

Maid-in-Waiting. She became old and still served in the Place. She sit on the chair alone. The olny task is to wait for the death.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #102
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That is very beautiful. the explanation makes it possible to understand the hunched sadness of the woman.

The small number of brush strokes makes a very powerful statement.

Do the strokes which form the chair also form a word in calligraphy? It looks as though it might ... if it does, what does it say?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:32 AM   #103
Nightsong
Wang Dude

Gee Wolf just when I think you are a gun totting bad ass with the educational background and career that gives you all the more reason to shoot people you go and say something deep. Though I do agree with your thoughts on the painting. I am always amazed how a few simple strokes convey so much.
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:57 AM   #104
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

God Damn....that's a depressing painting. The old maid schoolmarm that never had time for children of her own, the old soldier that preserved other's lifestyles so well he had no life, the reward for years of selfless dedication is emptiness.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 AM   #105
Billy
Professor

I cannot believe that you like this drawing so much. I also don't know if the chair presents something. Maybe the drawer knows it.

The following is the lotus in four seasones. The first is a bird singing on the green lotos. The second is the flower of lotus. The third is the fruit of lotus. The fourth is a bird singing on the sapless lotus.
Attached Images