The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #106
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
I don't feel that ANY sexuality needs to be taught in elementary school.
Right, and that's why the "Cinderella" story doesn't follow the newlyweds on their honemoon.
Quote:
I have not read the book, so I don't know what it says.
Exactly. And if there is any sex in the book, then that's a problem. But since Jordon seems incapable, perhaps you can give an answer to this:

If there is precisely the same amount of romance (some), and precisely the same amount of sex (none) in the princes book and Cinderella, what makes the former indecent and not the latter?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #107
Munchkin
Colloquialist

This book isn't actually teaching sexuality though. It's a book about a prince that has to find a mate. That mate, in this book, ends up being another man...So yes, it introduces an alternative kind of family, but it doesn't really say... hey...these are two guys and theyre gonna go at it like your mommy and daddy do....

And in this particular school, there are kids with two mommies or two daddies.... especially in a diverse place like this do the children need to have those doors of communication opened early... My co - worker has two kids in a school where a lot of the kids have gay parents... his kids are 9 and 6... they understand what it is... there is nothing wrong with kids knowing that sometimes a man loves a man or a woman loves a woman. They don't need to know the sexy details yet...just like they dont need to know the sexy details of a hetero relationship.
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #108
Jordon
Coronation Incarnate

Look how quickly the hatemongers race to spew their vitriol and profanity simply because I suggested that a father should have a say in what his child is taught in public school:

"I hate people.

ESPECIALLY bigoted, prejudicial, discriminatory, twisted people. Which someone would HAVE to be to discriminate like that against ANYONE for ANY reason, whether it be sexual orientation, race, creed, or anything else."

"Children can adapt,.... if a hetro feeling little kid can make friends with another hetro feeling kid with gay/lesbian parents./// what the fuck.

Should a white kid not make friends, or happen across literature that talks about some mixed married kid having white superior parent fucking and being in love with a member of the lowsome minority race?"

"The fact is that recent studies show that homophobia is based in repressed homosexual tendencies.

Please don't infect kids with your sickness."

"If somebody thinks their kids shouldn't be exposed to the public, maybe they shouldn't be in a public school. There's plenty of "Christian" "academies" founded on creationism, homophobia and other equally wholesome precepts.

Just don't ask me to pay for it."

"If the christian parent has a bias against islam let them talk about it
... will they?
Fuck no. The parent has an agenda... MY WAY or the HIWAY."

"and no, you fuckface bigots, it doesn't mean Im gay"

"There is no non-bigoted reason to oppose gay marriage."

All this on just the first three pages. Hypocrisy much?
Jordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #109
TiddyBaby
The internet's like a bra, underneath ya find a boob or two

huh?

your values preach hate, and I seem to hear "hatred" akin to the KKK
TiddyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #110
TiddyBaby

If a father wants to protest,.... cool, I think McCarthy did the same thing.

Fucking red herrings...

Hopefully some sane people might squash the biggoted "scapegoat" emotionalisms that have gone on far too long.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #111
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon
"There is no non-bigoted reason to oppose gay marriage."

All this on just the first three pages. Hypocrisy much?
A statement like that is easy to disprove with counterexample... hint hint.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #112
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon
Look how quickly the hatemongers race to spew their vitriol and profanity simply because I suggested that a father should have a say in what his child is taught in public school:
Another ad hominem, introduced as a red herring

The problem is that you clearly want to control what everybody is taught in public school. Once again, I suggest you place your kids in a private school that shares your views.

But do you actually have any kids? Because your inability to distinguish between "a book about relationships" and "teaching children about physical intimacy" makes me wonder what life must be like for your partner...if you have one.

Last edited by MaggieL; 04-25-2006 at 12:53 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #113
TiddyBaby

Anybody Interested in getting rid of the athiest evil anti-christ Republicans that blew up the Twin Towers, and missled the Pentagon section that was blown apart.... JUST so Americans could hate the Islams that the Anti-Christ USA Administration pitched us up against>

How about that Xtian Boy, Wake the fuck up... STOP being such a "TOOL"
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #114
jaguar
whig

I'm glad jordan always addresses the issues and debates rationally about the points raised instead of resorting the vitrol and profanity of an agape cavernous anus.

Jordon is one of those people who while holding a good mixed bag of the usual prejudices deep down, knows they're not acceptable and so attempts to wrap them up in various ways to make them less ugly, like putting a piece of dog shit in Christmas paper. This can be summed up in something like 'I'm all for gay marriage, just don't like the fucking fags near my kids' or 'it's simple human decency to not expose 7 year olds to love between people of the same gender'.

Also, I may be wrong on this but my understanding is it is now scientifically possible to take the DNA(or S, or C) from an egg, put it in a sperm and use it to impregnate an egg, meaning that one can in fact, have two mothers. Furthermore this I believe, I'll check later, is the 21st century, we've moved beyond defining gender roles by sexuality, catch up.

By the way, can you point me to the vitrol and profanity in "There is no non-bigoted reason to oppose gay marriage.", I keep looking but end up back an agape anus.

Last edited by jaguar; 04-25-2006 at 01:00 PM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #115
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
Also, I may be wrong on this but my understanding is it is now scientifically possible to take the DNS from an egg...
Hiya Jag. :-)

Cool...I didn't know you could take the DNS from an egg. I didn't even know they had IP addys.

Must be an IPV6 thing. :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #116
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
*snip*
Cool...I didn't know you could take the DNS from an egg. I didn't even know they had IP addys.

Must be an IPV6 thing. :-)
LMFAO
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #117
TiddyBaby

hahahah, is that "back" or "black" angus apes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #118
jaguar
whig

It's the DNS name you want, otherwise they have really bland personalities. It also helps finding them when it comes to implant time.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #119
TiddyBaby

Damn, i just finished Brave New World, and John Savage only ends up hanging around.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #120
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Right, and that's why the "Cinderella" story doesn't follow the newlyweds on their honemoon.Exactly. And if there is any sex in the book, then that's a problem. But since Jordon seems incapable, perhaps you can give an answer to this:

If there is precisely the same amount of romance (some), and precisely the same amount of sex (none) in the princes book and Cinderella, what makes the former indecent and not the latter?
Is Cinderella actually read loud in schools?

And I never said the princes book was indecent, so I can't answer your question, HM. I haven't read it, so I don't know if it is or not.

My point remains that it is up to the majority of each individual community to decide what is best for that community's school curriculum. (curriculi?). And I don't think that my kids should have to be forced to listen to a book that I as the parent feel is inappropriate.

If this ends up a case of "majority rules", and the people of that community decide that the book is inappropriate, then I'm sure they'll be labelled as "bigots", "intolerant", "fundies", whatever by the people who disagree. But you know what they say, "If you don't like it, leave."

And again, Maggie, you keep touting "go to private school". Well, that's great, I'd love to, but then give me an option to stop paying the educational portion of my taxes. If my kids aren't in the public school system, why should I have to pay for it?

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote