The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 05-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #106
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

My son is a red head with freckles and blue eyes and he is quite the ladies man.

Why did I bother to answer that?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #107
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

I dunno. Why did you? Did you think you were just wasting your breath? I don't know very many red-heads...I just know about the stigma that follows. Teach me!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #108
ameliabedelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
If you see a real (rug match) redhead, that has no freckles and pink areolae, tell her I'd like to buy her an automobile.
Haha, that would be me..
Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #109
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Welcome amelia!

As seen in the RFN thread a while back, I've experimented with red before, it's fun...my natural hair is brownish redish blondish, but sometimes looks black in low light. It's got alot of red throughout it naturally, and both times that I've dyed it red were more about changes in my life which I marked by changing my appearance...sort of like a temporary tatoo I guess.

(I soooo want to do it pink, or at least red with pink hilites but I'm a chicken)
Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #110
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I did a nice dark fuschia for a short time in college, Razz. From the pictures you've posted, I think it would work well with your complexion. Sticking with the darker pinks is the key though. But would your job object?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #111
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

That's the part I worry about actually, I know we've got tons of people with tattoos, face piercings are supposed to be taken out during work hours, but I'm not sure of the policy on hair color...hmm...

You can rest assured that the moment I'm back in college, I'll be doing some kind of pink for certain.

Last edited by Razzmatazz13; 11-28-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: someday I'll learn to spell...someday
Razzmatazz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #112
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Don't you work in a hardware store? Surely they're not that strict. Do you think they'd object to all the colours I have in my hair if I worked there? I have pink.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 AM   #113
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Another thing to consider is customer reaction...whether or not I'm willing to hear the same comment about it 50 times a day...not because I'll be upset if they don't like it...but because it gets hard to give that fake customer service grin and laugh at whatever I'm going to hear 50 people a day say about it.

FYI old men hate black or blue nailpolish...but they loooove the glitter
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #114
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I must not be old enough.. I don't want to see glitter anywhere except the school art projects of < 8yo kids. (I could do without the black nail polish... blue might be OK depending on the shade etc.)

(P.S. Get the hell off of my yard.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #115
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Razz, I think you should do some of it dark pink. It would look great on you! I can relate to the changing haircolor coinciding with a new phase of something. I do the same thing. I dyed mine all different colors until about 5 years ago, when I started dying it black all the time. I have finally grown most of the black out and cut it short. Trying to decide if I should dye it aqua/greenish blue? I am thinking it might freak out some of the yuppy parents around here, which would be an added bonus. Perhaps we could have a hair dye thread?
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #116
jester
why so serious

Mmmm, didn't know this one existed. Very nice. I didn't like my hair color for a very long time, because it was so different than most other people I went to school with. But, oh well, it's great now. I have never colored it - so would be scared it would turn some God awful color.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #117
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Razz - get you some bright pink highlights girl, would look amazing. And out some glitter as low down as your uniform goes breast wise. The old men won't worry bout your hair.

And Case - go for it! If I had the complexion I'd totally go for far out colour.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #118
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

No, SD, you're not old enough...the sort of old man I'm talking about is the kind who can barely walk or talk or see and just sort of grunts out his words...(and I meant glittery nail polish sorry for the confusion...)

although they do like when I wear glittery tops...

Now you've all got me wanting to dye it pink again :P so we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #119
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 View Post
the sort of old man I'm talking about is the kind who can barely walk or talk or see and just sort of grunts out his words
So WTF are they doing buying hardware?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #120
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

They're not buying hardware, they're just trying to perve on Razz in her glittery top. The glitter helps their failing eyes make out the shape, you see.