The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #106
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

PERFECT MAN

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Maybe YOUR perfect man. I require more than constant sex.
sorry to offend, onyx, it was an old joke.....and, i am a man....so MY perfect man is one that buys the beer, loves the Cowboys, and doesn't oogle my wife.

oh, and what else is there besides constant sex?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #107
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

UT, after a long friendship/partnership there has to be some sense of loss and maybe a little envy of half the team striking off in a new endeavor. Especially if they show extreme excitement and enthusiasm, you're bound to have those "What am I, chopped liver?" feelings.
But don't dwell on the past, learn and profit from it. Then when in a year or two you're an internet mogul with a trophy wife, you can brag to the rest of us losers.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #108
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Re: PERFECT MAN

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim

oh, and what else is there besides constant sex?
I did say most Cellarites have the advantage by virtue of intelligence, didn't I?

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #109
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The years between my first wife's departure and meeting my current spouse were a strange and wonderful mixture of loneliness, cockiness, ups and downs, wild and crazy sex with lots of new and different women, really long dry spells wherein I was certain that no one would ever have anything to do with me again...in short, things were a pendulum, swinging crazily from one side to the other, with all things in between. But at least the pendulum kept swinging, you know?

After you've been in a monogamous relationship for a long, long time, and you get out there on the streets again, it is both stimulating and terrifying. Even when you manage to hook up with someone, you then start worrying about "what if they're crazy" (some will be), "what if she becomes obsessed with me and I don't really like her that much" (it might happen), "what if I like her a lot but I'm just a fun toy and a pal for her" (happened to me), "what if, after we get funky, she goes home and I realize that I'm just as alone as I was when we hooked up"...

When things go good, there's no better feeling in the world. You feel great about yourself, you feel renewed, powerful, desireable. When things don't go quite as well, you feel like an ogre, stupid, clumsy, an outcast.

No matter whether it goes well or not, every day you have to trust in yourself, you have to be strong, you have to have at least a modicum of self-discipline. Otherwise, all is lost.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:42 PM   #110
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
flexibility = not bitching in general but specifically about my trashy apt , loaded guns and live ammo laying around.
Slang's pretty much flexible in the same way ... another of the reasons we get along.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #111
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: PERFECT MAN

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
......and doesn't google my wife.
Zat a real problem?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #112
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well I googled Lumberjim and got this image.
I also googled Lumberjim's wife and got ziltch so I googled wife and got 38,700,000 hits but I don't know which one is his.:p

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:07 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #113
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Hey, Dar...what about the ones he left - did you say 'stuck to' or 'hanging on'? - the door?
------------------

hanging on.

i cleaned. and cleaned. and did the whole martha-freaking-stewart thing. stuffed mushrooms, made little phylo-dough cups for some fancy crap...alll kinds of things. i had a group of friends...some editors from a local paper, etc...over. it was stylish. it was a hit.

at the end, with said guests out the door, dar feeling pretty proud, i went to divest myself of diet coke....

closed the door, sat...

and looked up to see bright red underwear hanging from the doorknob.

thought back...and realized every guest had emptied bladders before leaving the house.

his reason? after the shower, didn't want to leave them on the floor.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:23 PM   #114
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

It's the old "If a man speaks and a woman doesn't hear him, is he still wrong?" kind of thing.
now, how am i supposed to answer THAT??!?!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #115
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My God Dar, you let him use the bathroom after you cleaned?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:34 PM   #116
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Lumberjim, the "loss of a roommate" line is one of the best yet. You put it exactly how I need to think about it.

I'm built differently, I think, being an only child raised by a single parent mom. When she rejected me, the idea that there might have been someone else in the recipe really didn't matter. It would have been as much a problem for me if she had come back saying she tried to get laid and failed.

In fact I expect she's having phone sex with the dude in the very same bed we've slept in for ages. The hurtful thing is that we were never that intense. Never had phone sex. Although I was/would have been that intense for her, she never really was for me.

So, I think, for whatever reason, she wanted to believe that I was "the one", but I wasn't. And so she went the same way as, perhaps, Juju's friend's husband, the one who's "not gay". Like that guy, or at least who we think he might be -- she tried to believe she loved me, but never really did. Tried to convince herself she was sexually attracted to me, but never really was. Tried to make me something different, until I pushed back hard. Tried to convince herself that her upbringing was the problem and, thus, that SHE was the problem -- when really, the problem was US all along.

Unfortunate. But it does happen, all the time from what I've seen. Didn't think it would happen to me. Didn't see it happening...

But here's the good part: the next woman I hook up with is going to downright adore me, worship me, respect me, praise me and love me, because you people tell me I deserve it, and I believe you, and I'm never ever ever going to make this mistake again.

Look forward to that story when I write in in 2009.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #117
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Well I googled Lumberjim and got this image.

Nice hat Jim!
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:40 PM   #118
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
and did the whole martha-freaking-stewart thing.
What? Dumped some stock based on insider info?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #119
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
But here's the good part: the next woman I hook up with is going to downright adore me, worship me, respect me, praise me and love me, because you people tell me I deserve it, and I believe you, and I'm never ever ever going to make this mistake again.
Dude, don't just take our word for it. Everyone deserves to be treated special by their s.o., so long as you do right by them.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 09:54 PM   #120
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Tried to make me something different, until I pushed back hard.
Well they all do that, but if they love you they don't get pissy if it doesn't succeed. Then some succeed and don't like what they've created so screw it, be you.