The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #1201
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

He's out there jack hammering the living room floor. It's very loud, so loud that I almost can't hear the chattering and shattering of my own teeth. Hopefully the noisy work will be done today. If not... no, let's not go there.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 AM   #1202
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

suburbia, neighbours...pet confrontation n now doof doof music being doofed so loud its distorted n the bass sounds crap.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #1203
Pie
Gone and done

weak coffee. blurgh.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #1204
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
weak coffee. blurgh.
[4 year old]That's just nasty![/inner city kid]
I heard this three or four times this week, funny and fits.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #1205
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

The weather is crap. It may rain.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #1206
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think I have an ACL that's going...going...

...soon to be gone. Hurts kinda like a little beeeytoch.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #1207
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

We have a blocked drain out the back. It's the one my washing machine runs into and the shower connected to the boys room. I suspect it's blocked with a combination of lint from the washer, mud and sludge from the boys playing at a place they like to call 'stingray island' which is really just a mudflat they go to in order to get filthy, and possibly tree roots in the rubble pit this particular drain runs into.

It there's no tree roots involved, hopefully it should be an easy fix, but if there's tree roots, we're going to have to redig the whole pit and start over, which means lifting up pavers and then repaving at the end.

Suckful!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #1208
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Grimbley has been brawling with other cats who think they are invincible, noisey trip to the Vets later....he has an early abscess, which means he's being a typical boy and acting like he is about to die.

Antibiotics, pain relief and he should be good, otherwise in for x-rays in a couple of days.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #1209
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
...which means he's being a typical boy and acting like he is about to die.
Hey, hey, hey, it hurts damn it. Lets have a little understanding and sympathy here... and tuna.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #1210
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
We have a blocked drain out the back.
If it's just roots in a drainpipe, wouldn't roto rooter do it?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #1211
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

not if they came in through the side and damaged the pipe.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #1212
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I don't suspect roots in the drain itself but in the rubble pit the pipe empties into. That's about a cubic metre of soil that's been removed and then filled with large rubble and then smaller at the top and finally a layer of soil, and in our case, then pavers. This pit drains into a trench. It's basically only got shower water and washing machine water going into it, what we call grey water over here, so it just breaks down in the soil.

Anyway, I've got some guys with cameras and stuff coming later on today to have a look and see what they can see.

The thing that's irritating me today is the headache I've had since I went to bed last night. It's still with me.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #1213
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

On my way to work, a piece of crap (ice? gravel? loose pavement?) hit my windshield and left a nice crack almost from top to bottom down the middle of the glass.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #1214
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The shriveled and snarly dyke behind the counter in the guns and ammo section of Academy.

I told you what I need, bitch, I need steel shot; i.e., little metal balls made of steel, and not lead. Your skeptical questioning of what do I need it for was irritating enough, but to then instead direct me to an entirely different product (which turned out to be strips of lead that can be torn into chunks of various sizes, how convenient!) with the vague assertion that I'll 'find what I need in that blue bucket over there' was downright galling. No, thank you for the passive-aggressive suggestion, but I really just need some steel shot. I should have known better, but I followed your craggy liver-spotted finger as it pointed me next to aisle three, which you again asserted would contain what I asked for. No, that had big ol' fishing lure weights, which are not only not the shot pellets I asked for, they are made of fucking lead. Apparently not one shred of guilt seeped its way through your moss-riddled brain as you saw the consternation on my face, and you chose to oh so helpfully ask me, "Have you tried Hobby Lobby?"

No, you fucking whore, because I don't think a goddamn crafts store is more likely to have a basic ammunition product than the goddamn ammunition section of a sports and hunting store. I'm sorry that you seem to be offended that I might use your precious ammo for something other than punching holes in things, but last I checked it doesn't come with a fucking EULA. You may have finally noticed my clenched teeth as I repeated, again, "No, look, I really just need a box of BBs. That's what I need. Just a plain box of BBs."

You could not have been more disgusted as you shrugged, "Well, I guess you could try those," and pointed me to--oh rapture!--a shelf with various sizes of metal shot on it. And hey look! Right there in front is one that advertises it is copper-coated steel, contains no lead. Thank you so very much.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #1215
monster
I hear them call the tide

whoa, tiger! perhaps you should have promised to try the hole-punching thing on her?

Tags
mild cheddar