Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #1216
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
The shriveled and snarly dyke behind the counter in the guns and ammo section of Academy.
But it's your fault you see. You assumed just because she worked there she knew jack shit about what she was selling. Obviously she didn't know jack or any of his relatives.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #1217
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post

Anyway, I've got some guys with cameras and stuff coming later on today to have a look and see what they can see.
Here's an idea to freak them out.

When the guys with cameras turn up be dressed so as to be obviously pregnant and tell them that you're Ob/Gyn is very concerned and needs good images straight away, and calling them was faster than calling the clinic...
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #1218
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

at Clod & Zen

I have irritation of the back door today.
You can read on if you like.

I finished off the corn bread that I accidentally made too spicy for my Mum to enjoy. It was a genuine mistake - I like it when she eats my cooking and a whole pan of cornbread is way too much for me. A whole pan of spicy cornbread is way too much for my system too. My bumhole is very tender, and I daren't fart. It's like Oxtail Soup I tell you. Except ouchier.

AND it's my special evening out tonight.
It won't spoil it of course, but I'd have been happier not having to worry about where all the toilets are.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #1219
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Remember that cracked windshield?

I filed a claim on my insurance company's web site last night. Today they left a message asking me to call.

When I called the number, it was the company that coordinates auto glass replacements for my insurance company. They didn't have any record of a claim being submitted on my policy, and the woman who called and left a message did give a reference #.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #1220
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Here's an idea to freak them out.

When the guys with cameras turn up be dressed so as to be obviously pregnant and tell them that you're Ob/Gyn is very concerned and needs good images straight away, and calling them was faster than calling the clinic...

OK, first off, it doesn't matter how I dress lately, I still look obviously pregnant. lol Secondly, they didn't make it yesterday, so hopefully today although I have an appointment to take my kids and their mates to a skate park this morning, so I hope it's in the arvo.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #1221
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I'm really hungry and I don't get off work for a full hour! All I had for breakfast was a Granola bar, which isn't unusual, but I do usually wash it down with soy milk (I did end up switching jinx), and today I forgot my milk. In fact I forgot my breakfast entirely and wouldn't have had anything if it weren't for my reserve bar in my purse.
We do have a vending machine, but that just seems like such a waste, and I don't want to eat at my desk...blah blah blah whine.
"GRRR" says my tummy about it.

Oh and you-know-who is bugging me.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #1222
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Wednesday:
Me: Hey, we're moving our spiffed-up web site to an off-site host. We need to redirect www.ourplace.edu to the hostingplace.com server. We're cutting over on Saturday. Can we schedule that?

Tech support at my ISP: Sorry, we don't schedule stuff like that in advance. Just call back on Saturday and give us an hour's notice.

Saturday:
Me: Hi, I need www.ourplace.edu to change over so it points to hostingplace.com.
ISP: OK, that's cool. I've written it all up in a ticket with excruciating thoroughness and read it back to you. You have verified that everything is correct and we both agree that this will be just fine after I submit the ticket and somebody takes care of it.

Couple hours later: I note voice mail on my cell phone. (Which is taken apart in an effort to dry it out from being dropped in water. Please don't ask.)
"Yeah, can you call us back? We got the ticket but we're kind of confused."

Me: [calls back] Hi, you said you had questions.
ISP: Yeah, it says, you want to change www.ourplace.edu.
Me: Yeah, we're replacing it with a CNAME.
ISP: So you want www.ourplace.edu to point to a CNAME?
Me: Yeah, that's right.
ISP: OK, I see here in the ticket where it says you want ourplace.edu to point to a CNAME. Where should it point?
Me: hostingplace.com. It should be in the ticket.
ISP: Oh yeah, there it is. OK. I'll take care of it.

30 mins later:
www.ourplace.edu has been redirected to hostingplace.com.ourplace.edu.

[For those of the IT geek persuasion, no, I don't run my own DNS server on site. It's never seemed like it was worth the trouble. But now . . . bleah.]
Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #1223
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I don't know what any of that meant, but I do want to hear about the moist cell phone .

My neck is killing me today. We did a 3 hour practice ride yesterday for our snowmobile trip in a few weeks. Who knew snowmobile helmets were that heavy??? I think I get why football players all have such thick necks...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #1224
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

lol! Poor sleeve. I am sorry that the story is funny...Maybe we can laugh later?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #1225
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Maybe we can laugh later?
Later? Go ahead & laugh all you want to now. I won't be offended!

Well, I was changing the filter in our humidifier, and I managed to let the phone fall out of my pocket into the water. I grabbed it out as quickly as possible and pulled the battery, but it's not working right. It boots up, but several of the buttons (including the "on/off"!) won't work. I spent some quality time using a shop vac on it last night, and I left it in a baggie with a packet of silica gel overnight. If it doesn't fix it I guess I'm going to disassemble it tonight and see what I can do.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #1226
Cicero

Hairdryer?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #1227
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

My research indicates that the heat makes this a bad idea. (Then again, why should I believe what I read on the Internet?)
Old 02-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #1228
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Similar to the silica gel, I've heard that rice will do the same thing.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #1229
Cicero

My friend the other day spilled water all over his laptop....Immediately took a hairdryer to it, and powered it up....He did not even let it dry. I guess if you do it a certain way it helps. It powered right up after that and it worked fine. I was surprised that he hastily turned the thing on again, and I was surprised that it functioned as normal. It was a massive spill and despite my warnings about using a hairdryer and turning it on so quickly.....It worked like a charm. I couldn't believe it.

Of course I am not really recommending it...just a story.

Last edited by Cicero; 02-02-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #1230
Cloud

my intestines

Tags
mild cheddar