The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #1216
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

lol @ griff - Yeh those who hate him hate him more? So what?

All this is doing is pushing the two extremes further apart.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #1217
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

The 8/28 rally at the Washington Mall may mark the beginning of the end for the Obama régime.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #1218
Griff
still says videotape

Beck / Sharpton 2012
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #1219
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But Griff, what about Sarah? Secretary of state?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #1220
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Beck / Sharpton 2012
Attached Images

Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #1221
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I snuck it there, Pico, sorry.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #1222
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

lol...I hate when that happens.

Although Muttley would snigger at a lot of those NON -answers to specific questions. Take away their talking points and they don't know squat.

Last edited by Pico and ME; 08-29-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #1223
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
The 8/28 rally at the Washington Mall may mark the beginning of the end for the Obama régime.
Well I guess it was a pretty good turn out for ole Beck. The election results should be interesting.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #1224
TheMercenary

President Obama Reacts to August Jobs Numbers, Doesn't Mention Net Job Loss of 54K

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ss-of-54k.html

Look out for that great big elephant in the room. At the current rate of re-employment it will take over 6 years to get relief. Anyone ready to wait that long? I'm not.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #1225
Lamplighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
President Obama Reacts to August Jobs Numbers, Doesn't Mention Net Job Loss of 54K

Look out for that great big elephant in the room. At the current rate of re-employment it will take over 6 years to get relief. Anyone ready to wait that long? I'm not.
Merc, you have miraculously been made Uber-President...
What is your first decision to create jobs ?
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #1226
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Can I answer that one?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #1227
jinx
Come on, cat.

Is Obama anesthetizing people while Merc's thinking up his answer? This could get ugly...
Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #1228
Lamplighter

No need for Merc to be the only one to answer...

No need for anyone to get ugly...

I believe a genuine discussion could be a good thing.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #1229
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
Merc, you have miraculously been made Uber-President...
What is your first decision to create jobs ?
Well if were king I would have line item veto and scratch each and every single pork barrel item from every spending bill for the 4 years of my reign, regardless of party affiliation. Pork stops now (you know, sort of like Pelosi promised in 2006 and Obama promised in 2008). A true stop gap spending belt tightening. We have to balance our check book they should have to balance the governments. I never would have lied to the electorate and told them that the boondoggle spending bill was going to create "millions of shovel ready jobs". I would have saved all that money and put it back into the economy. I would never have passed that boondoggle healthcare bill, that money would go back into the economy. I would not inact the new taxes by rolling back the Bush tax cuts, I would change the whole system to a Fair Tax. No more free lunch. SOME 47% of the nation paid no federal income taxes! (tax policy center). ( http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...524326290.html ) Allow business, large and small, any opportunity to grow to stimulate job creation. Business makes jobs, government does not do a good job of making jobs. Until we wake up and see that government is not the answer to job grown we are going to muddle along mired down in stagnation. Government threw all that money at the banking system, right? And what did they do with it? They held onto it, and they are still holding onto it. Now they are trying to inact a bill to get them to lend it. It is crazy. Poke through the Stimulus bill and see how many jobs were directly created from each dollar, one figure I read was it cost the government aprox $220,000 per job created. Hell that money could have allowed a small business to add 10 employee's in some cases, if the number is accurate. Look at the housing bailout. What if they allowed all of the middleman companies to fail and just set up a program which evaluated every person who was in default and just paid off the loan for those who qualify? It would have been cheaper than the approach they took. If a person could save their house they might have been able to keep their job or at least make it quite a while without one. The rest would go to bankruptcy court and take their licks, get ready to find an small apartment within your means. Now the question is, did we just delay the inevitable? Have we really hit bottom yet? I don't know. But unchecked spending and growing deficit spending is not the answer IMHO. I certainly don't have the answers or I would be King! I no longer trust this government to fix what is broken.

Last edited by TheMercenary; 09-04-2010 at 08:13 AM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #1230
TheMercenary

Quote:
Not much by way of program notes today ... and that would be because I'm taking a very well deserved extended Labor Day weekend. Buy I do want to set myself up for a good dose of "I told you so" that I might be able to cash in next week.

Two things happen this morning. First ... jobless numbers come out from Washington, and they aren't going to make Democrats happy. The people of this country are coming to realize more and more that Barack Obama is a jobs-killing president. That is what we should expect from a president who holds the private sector in disdain and who worships the god of government.

The second thing that happens is The Community Organizer coming forth to tell us what the job numbers mean. We will learn from The Chosen One that the blame really should be placed on the Republicans because, after all, they're the ones who are blocking his latest effort at a "jobs bill." So ... let's look at Obama's jobs bill.

There's $30 billion or so to loan to small businesses. Big deal. Small banks are sitting on $1 trillion in excess reserves right now ... money that could be loaned to small businesses if it were not for two things: (1) The small businesses aren't particularly to obligate themselves for any loans right now when there is so much uncertainty --- tax hikes, ObamaCare, tax and cap, card check - in their future. (2) The banks aren't all that sure about the future of these small businesses either with Obama running the show ... so they're not all that anxious to lend.

Obama will also tell us the Republicans are blocking tax cuts for small businesses. Only one problem here .. the tax cut he's talking about is a capital gains tax cut. Most small businesses - the businesses we depend on for new jobs - don't pay capital gains taxes.

Obama might use his "Republican blockade" line again. What do you call it when the Democrats absolutely refuse to allow the Republicans to offer any amendments to the bill? That's not a blockade?
Boortz.

Business as usual in Congress I see....