The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #1231
jinx
Come on, cat.

Cicero that's just awful.
You were a PA to a RE agent? Are you licensed?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #1232
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

My husband left for PNG yesterday morning. He'll be gone all week. I was ok about it till I missed him next to me in our bed last night.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #1233
busterb
NSABFD

Quote:
[rant]All this talk about student loans and how much parents are required to be burdened with is pissing me off. [/endrant]
Well I co-signed a "best student loan" for my son, who only had one year to finish. Guess what? Now I can't buy shit on credit, because my obligations out weight my income. Hell the rates are worst than buying a Lincoln Navigator. Thanks Senate banking committee.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #1234
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
[rant]All this talk about student loans and how much parents are required to be burdened with is pissing me off. [/endrant]
You don't believe it's your responsibility to educate the children you brought into this world to the best of your ability?
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #1235
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

...which must balance with the responsibility to teach those same children self-sufficiency and maturity.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #1236
Shawnee123

Absolutely. As outlined here.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #1237
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Hi everybody! (Skip down to last paragraph if you feel like you'll do too much reading here)

Just an update on my situation of Friday...I'm over it and ready to move on....I will be updateing my resume today and my first interview is tomorrow for a popular cafe here in town interviewing for their books, marketing, and etc. etc.

I vented on Friday, got silly drunk, completely crazy, and over it.

(I was the weird crazy woman that you see at bars that looks interesting, fairly attractive, but completely mad) But I land on my feet when I least expect it.
Sometimes that's really all it takes is for me to vent and of course get all teary- but hey I'm going to walk on the bright side because I know I have a skill-set that someone needs. I'm not even certified in anything but my work experience can match the certifications out there because I'm actually heavily experienced in the complex programs that I am sorry to say, most people down here in provincial NM just don't "get" and don't want to. No worrys. My personality needs the work...I need to be charming, as I suggested that someone else here do, to get the job.

I was planning on getting a super computer with the programs I need to start my own business- but there has been a hitch in my ability to save some money for it all. Just a delay...I was planning to do a side-business creating graphics because people were asking me to do it because they have seen and like my work, and I would have had a client list already...just a hitch in the plan. That is all. (more money, more money, more money)

I will be late, but there for cellar SS still, but the Christmas gifting is going about that far this year. I wish the financial thing weren't so messed up right now is all. Well my last day is the day my friend from Colorado shows up, so at least I don't have to ask for time off......

My dad is still having heart attacks and is in the hospital, and now I know I have to change my ways definitely. I am not overweight, but now I know that heart disease is pretty heavy on both sides of my family so I have to exercise if I think I'm going to make it. I already eat pretty healthily, but I have to start the cardiovascular workouts to be sure. This all seems pretty bad but I'm moving forward and not backwards. I refuse.

Thank you for your support everyone.....as that sucked really badly. I knew it was coming but thought it would stall out to at least a couple of months after the holidays. I was wrong. I know my boss hates the holidays so why would she be compassionate about mine? I was silly.....

You guys were awesome in your reponse here, and thank you for your uplifting comments because really that's all I'm going to do, stay positive and proactive. This doesn't have to be a goat-fuck...temporarily it is...but it isn't permanent...It just destroyed christmas as far is gifting goes and I made a fool of myself friday night (I was a total depressive freak)...that's all. Not the end of the world. I hate interviewing...it's always harder to interview than actually do these jobs...

Long story short: Oveeeer it!!! Thank you for being awesome cellar!!! You guys rock...and let's hope I get something new soon so I can hang out! No internet at home!!

~Cicero
(pulling out the boxing gloves but may just use the tape)

Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #1238
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post

Long story short: Oveeeer it!!! Thank you for being awesome cellar!!! You guys rock...and let's hope I get something new soon so I can hang out! No internet at home!!
Glad you're back on track. What a shitty week that was. You're entitled to be a little crazy after an episode like that.

Hang on ... no internet at home ... this really will mess up your posting rate.
I swear I was not behind this! In fact, I'm saddened by it.
I mean, how can I gloat about passing you if you're not around to see me do it?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #1239
jester
why so serious

Cic - just read for the past few days - sorry about what happened Friday - knew you'd be back on your feet. Everyone has to vent, get over it and get going. Good luck for a better job.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #1240
Shawnee123

Glad you're doing better, Cic! I knew you would, natch.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #1241
Cicero

Hmmm.....natch? Does someone want to tell me what natch is?

(Maybe this is really why I'm laid off...retarded)

Thanks Zen....Maybe I will make sure I do well enough to at least have enough internet to stay above your post-count. Maybe you could tell my future employers that I am at least motivated?
Old 12-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #1242
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

natch==naturally
Old 12-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #1243
lookout123
changed his status to single

snatch =?
Old 12-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #1244
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Cic, maybe your boss could give you a computer as part of your severance pay...then you could keep coming here and...posting.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #1245
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Cic, maybe your boss could give you a computer as part of your severance pay...then you could keep coming here and...posting.
Maybe she could...and maybe there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I am getting any severance at all.....

Tags
swiss