The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #121
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I agree that the spite threads suck. So, ignore those threads. Easy peasy japanesy. Coming in with a "hey yeah, that guy DOES suck. Let's take action" solves nothing.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #122
Mockingbird
Master of hand to mouth living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I can't help it that I'm cute.

But don't convolute your posts as "I'm just helpin'" and bat your eyelashes with a "who me?" It just doesn't fly.

lj is right, we should have a say. Therefore, you suggesting voted bans goes against everything you said about having the right to your opinion...your vacillation rivals some of the pros around here.

So wink wink nudge nudge.

That's MY opinion.
I'm not just 'trying to help', I'm trying to get rid of them because they annoy the shit out of me and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure how many times that I have to state that to you before you understand that it's just that simple, but I guess I'll post it again.

Quote:
I agree that the spite threads suck. So, ignore those threads. Easy peasy japanesy. Coming in with a "hey yeah, that guy DOES suck. Let's take action" solves nothing.
So when you see a problem in you just ignore it rather than take action? I hope that's not how you solve problems.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #123
Shawnee123

Oh, I'm an idiot, mock. Please say it over and over again until it sinks into my pretty little head.

I'll say this again: DON'T LOOK AT THE THREADS THAT MAKE YOU SAD.
It's just that simple.
Quote:
I'm not just 'trying to help', I'm trying to get rid of them because they annoy the shit out of me and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
IGNORE THEM. This brings me back to my original question. Who appointed you Grand Poobah of all that is right and good for the Cellar?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #124
LJ
i am myself

we had a vote...did you miss it?

back to you, sir.
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #125
Mockingbird

Quote:
Oh, I'm an idiot, mock. Please say it over and over again until it sinks into my pretty little head.

I'll say this again: DON'T LOOK AT THE THREADS THAT MAKE YOU SAD.
It's just that simple.

IGNORE THEM. This brings me back to my original question. Who appointed you Grand Poobah of all that is right and good for the Cellar?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away. And, fuck, once AGAIN no one appointed me anything, I'm just saying how I think it should be done. If ignoring is working for you (and since we're having this conversation it obviously isn't) then go for it. It doesn't work for me.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #126
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
So when you see a problem in you just ignore it rather than take action? I hope that's not how you solve problems.
You are a quick to judgment one, aren't you?

Another way to put it: I don't get along with a coworker. Instead of learning to work around that, as an adult would do, I will gather as many people together as I can and launch assaults to get rid of that person. Is that how you solve problems? Get rid of them? What happens if your kid errs in his ways? Put them in a home? Dog pees on the carpet, put him to sleep? Anything to take it out of the equation, what a wonderful world it will be.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #127
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away. And, fuck, once AGAIN no one appointed me anything, I'm just saying how I think it should be done. If ignoring is working for you (and since we're having this conversation it obviously isn't) then go for it. It doesn't work for me.

I am completely happy. You are making me laugh. This is just a happy debate, eh?

I say we gun them all down! I'm the decider!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #128
Mockingbird

Quote:
You are a quick to judgment one, aren't you?

Another way to put it: I don't get along with a coworker. Instead of learning to work around that, as an adult would do, I will gather as many people together as I can and launch assaults to get rid of that person. Is that how you solve problems? Get rid of them? What happens if your kid errs in his ways? Put them in a home? Dog pees on the carpet, put him to sleep? Anything to take it out of the equation, what a wonderful world it will be.
If your co-worker was sexually harassing you and throwing insults at everyone what do you think would happen? Everyone would ignore it?

Kid starts misbehaving? Corrective punishment.

Dog pees? House training.

The slippery slope argument isn't going to be effective here. In most cases and in most situations, problems are solved by corrective action rather than by just letting shit happen.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #129
LJ
i am myself

you two are ruining this argument thread with your agrument, ya know.

it's very hurtful to me
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #130
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Well just don't start voting to ban people based on popularity, I don't want to leave yet.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #131
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

"You are a diseeeze. I am da cure." [/stallone]
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #132
Shawnee123

This is what is great about this place: we're all different and see things in sometimes completely different ways. My argument is effective whether you choose to agree or not. Corrective action? By whom? You? OK, write a report, investigate, schedule a meeting with the boss. Or just decide who belongs and who doesn't. You're apparently more than qualified.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #133
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
it's very hurtful to me
Sorry, LJ! There, there (can't find the headpat smilie)

Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #134
Mockingbird

Quote:
This is what is great about this place: we're all different and see things in sometimes completely different ways. My argument is effective whether you choose to agree or not. Corrective action? By whom? You? OK, write a report, investigate, schedule a meeting with the boss. Or just decide who belongs and who doesn't. You're apparently more than qualified.
No, the slippery slope is a bad tool in a debate because it is easily deflected. Exaggerated examples of what could happen are just that -- exaggerated. When did I say I would be deciding? I said put it to a popular vote.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #135
LJ
i am myself

you have the ability to instigate that vote.

sycamore tried it on me once. it was cool. i got SO much attention.

i wish i could find that thread.