The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 06-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #121
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by lookout123
Look man, I realize some people loved him but every single one fo those people who did are the people who ARE THE PROBLEM with America and I am the solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROFLMAO! radar is paraphrasing stallone in cobra! uh, oh - is radar's solution anything like the final solution? i better work to stay off the shitlist then.
Since I'm already on it, I figure I'll be among the first to be rounded up for those little summer camps he's planning, you know the ones with the sign "Arbeit macht frei" over the entrance? But actually its a very freeing thought like when I was 13 years old and the minister at the church school I was attending told me that I was going to hell. It was like being given carte blanche. Since I was going to hell, anyhow, I figured why worry about pleasing God any further, if by the age of 13 I was already on the perdition list?

So I figure I may as well act as ultra left wing as I please - hell, I may even join the communist party (IS there still a communist party?). No liberal excess is going to be too much for me, since I'm going to be rounded up regardless.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #122
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
paraphrasing stallone
next up - Over the Top "and when i turn my hat around backwards i'm like a machine. i can beat any leftist trying to steal my money."

Rambo "they drew first blood colonel, now i am going to make them pay. they took my money, now i'm going to destroy the welfare system from the inside"

Deathrace 2000 "1300 points for a democrat, 4000 for anyone named reagan"

anyone else have ideas here?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:40 AM   #123
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

My point was that some bit of information, some idea or opinion had to have prompted the word.

I'm just curious as to what it was.

A peek into your psyche as it were.
dude. he was just trying to sound cool. he didnt mean nigger. he menat nigga. but nigga conveys too much coolnes to the target.....hence nigger. and possibly he was trying to push a button. maybe he thinks radar is a racist?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #124
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
dude. he was just trying to sound cool. he didnt mean nigger. he menat nigga. but nigga conveys too much coolnes to the target.....hence nigger. and possibly he was trying to push a button. maybe he thinks radar is a racist?
Ah, well then...

My bad dawg!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #125
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

IMO you don't have to be black to be a nigger. But I'm trying to curtail labelling people....

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #126
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I'm not paraphrasing anyone. America is falling apart and you are either part of the problem, or you are part of the solution. Those who vote for Republicans or Democrats are the problem. They perpetuate and worsen the problem by voting over and over for the people who created the problem in the first place. They make government larger, costlier, and more intrusive. Those who vote for these people are responsible for poverty, sickness due to lack of healthcare, unemployment, poor education, loss of freedom, attacks on civil rights, and even murder.

Guys like me are the ONLY ones who will actually take steps to fix the problems those people have caused.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #127
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

But you'll never get elected because you have the personality and charm of a shit sandwich.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 06-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #128
jaguar
whig

nicely put. That and a few cherries short of a cake.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #129
lookout123
changed his status to single

are all dems and reps a part of the evil hoard? because i was thinking that our elected officials are each individual souls. unfortunately most of them are affiliated with one of the parties, because that is the only way to have a real chance at being elected.

i take issue with someone who will only vote if there is a D or an R next to a name. but i won't refuse to vote for someone with a D or an R either. step back, look at the individuals. does there philosophy match with what you think is the right course for the country? vote for them. be aware that they will fail and disappoint you at times, no matter how good they are. if they prove to disappoint too often don't vote for them. but your stance that everyone else is the problem and only you and your select few like minded individuals is a little over the top.

you may actually have more people swayed to your philosophy if brought the rhetoric down a notch. i don't disagree with everything you say, but i find myself pissed when i do agree with you oftentimes simply because your approach to most issues is so annoying to me.

but back to the earlier issue: i am not reagan's biggest fan, but have some respect for the office, if not the man. i think that is a major problem in america today. people have forgotten that whether or not we like "pres john jones" or not, he is the president. show respect for the office, if you can't manage it for the man.

IMO the R's started a very nasty tradition in 92/3 when they decided to go after clinton on a personal level all the way through his presedency. the D's have picked up where they left off and gone after bush in the same way.
how can we expect the world to show respect to our leaders if we don't?

edit: spelling

Last edited by lookout123; 06-08-2004 at 12:50 PM.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #130
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
I'm not paraphrasing anyone. America is falling apart and you are either part of the problem, or you are part of the solution. Those who vote for Republicans or Democrats are the problem. T.........snipped
so if you choose not to vote at all because you are disgusted with the 3 choices: worser of 2 evils / lesser of two evils / wasted vote, are you part of the problem or the solution?

I appreciate your passion, radar. I agree with what you're saying. but, OC has a point. you could do with a bit more decorum, and you'd win more people over to the good guy's team. know what i'm saying? this goes back to the frustration i started to express earlier. We're on the same side of things usually, but you go about arguing our side in such a way as to make me cringe.

oh, and just in case you actually DO use your ignore feature, this is what cougar said that i was referring to:
Quote:
OnyxCougar But you'll never get elected because you have the personality and charm of a shit sandwich.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:55 PM   #131
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I really think he uses it. It's the "LALALALALALA" feature for him. I'm a blithering idiot, remember?

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 06-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #132
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, i remember. marichiko is too. got it.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #133
jaguar
whig

He's directly responded to at least one post I've made since he claimed I was on ignore so even if he does have it on, he still reads them.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #134
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
so if you choose not to vote at all because you are disgusted with the 3 choices: worser of 2 evils / lesser of two evils / wasted vote, are you part of the problem or the solution?
IF you choose not to vote, you're part of the wasted vote. A vote for a libertarian is never a wasted vote. In fact it's the only vote that isn't wasted in my opinion. If you vote for the major parties, you're voting for more of the same (wasted vote). If you don't vote, you've decided to let a vocal minority choose for you and you've wasted your chance to fix things (wasted vote). If you vote for a third party your vote isn't necessarily wasted, but if you vote for one that acts like the major parties like the Green party, you're pretty much wasting your vote too.

Quote:
I appreciate your passion, radar. I agree with what you're saying. but, OC has a point. you could do with a bit more decorum, and you'd win more people over to the good guy's team.
When I'm speaking to intelligent people with an open mind I use a bit more tact. But people like OC and the others on my list have already shown they are a waste and are beyond hope.

I'll readily admit that sometimes my fatal flaw is that I am more interested in winning arguments than in winning people. But generally those who want to argue aren't interested in change anyway.

Quote:
oh, and just in case you actually DO use your ignore feature, this is what cougar said that i was referring to
I do, and I do for good reason. I'd appreciate you not re-posting the ignorance of those people if you can avoid it.

And as far as getting elected, I absolutely will be elected without a doubt. It will most likely be a lower office at first like city council, but I'll work my way up. I will be a member of Congress or higher before I die and some statist wants to spit on my casket and piss on my headstone.

It's also ironic to see someone with so little tact and total lack of charm or class suggesting I can't be elected for lack of charm when they use phrases like "shit sandwich".
Old 06-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #135
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

He must find you worthy of arguing with, then.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt