The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #121
jinx
Come on, cat.

I've stayed in a few scary places over the years, but the salvation army shelter in Memphis and the B&B we stayed at were the only 2 places I've ever wanted to just turn around and walk back out of. Slept in the car instead of the shelter in Memphis...
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #122
glatt

Two Guys may make the best pizza I've ever had. It's a tough call. They are certainly one of the best. I try to eat there every time I'm in town.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #123
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Hm. I don't recall being at that party...but, then, I never do.
What I saw was probably the only real highlight, so you wouldn't have missed much.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #124
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
oh my god ,,,now way!
Yes way. They were playing at the City Market Saturday night, and apparently Billy needed to replace his octaver pedal. He was buying a shiny new Jimi Hendrix Octaver and a fistful of shorty cords for daisychaining such devices.

I always thought he was a bigger guy. He's no taller than me, and scrawny...
Old 09-22-2007, 06:14 AM   #125
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Oops - too bloody busy at work and should have posted this two weeks ago - but 7-9 Sept spent cycling 150 miles in two legs - Friday evening from Liphook (I had to join in after work) to Portsmouth and then on the Saturday 8th from Caen to Le Mans in France - maps below (follow the blue routes) and then a few photos to follow:

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2007, 06:25 AM   #126
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

First leg was just about 30 miles for me - starting almost half-way because of the time - it was acharity run and we arrive at Portsmpouth around 9.15 pm - overnight ferry to Caen ferry port and then off at 8.00 am cycling all day 115 miles to end up in Le Mans around 8.00 pm! - a few photos from Caen onwards to the finish - I cycled with a pal I met on last year's ride around Dieppe, so photos include pictures of him as well - first the start at caen and then looking back towards Caen about 10 miles into the ride - pretty quiet roads in France:
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #127
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Dave looking pleased at going downhill - he wasn't so smiley going up them - the n the both of us at the finish. I hope to get a website together at some stage, but I'm well behind with these - still have the Wipers one to finish - just too much work at the moment weekdays and weekends - and cycling 150 miles on the only spare one wasn't the best way to conserve energy - totally exhausted by the end:

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #128
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

April is in Chicago this weekend, so I'm doing the things I usually do when she's gone--sitting around the house and sleeping. I'm going to see Heaven & Hell (which is Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals, in case you didn't know) tomorrow night, which should be hella awesome.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #129
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I was up for two nights in a row this week, so Friday night I slept for 12 hours, and dreamt I was at wild party. In my dream, I was so tired at the party, that I had to find a bedroom to sleep in.

This morning, I had a delicious pepper-and-cheese frittata, bacon, and silver-dollar pancakes, cooked up by the handsome MonkeyBoy.

And in about an hour or so, I'm lugging some packages over to the main post office. I'd love to mail them from our neighborhood post office, which is the cute little historic one opened by Ben Franklin a couple hundred years ago...but for some reason they don't do packages, only letters (and not too thick at that). Argh, historic shmistoric; today I wish we had a real post office around here.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #130
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I used to go to that post office when I worked in Old City (at the 400 Market building). They're kinda of asshole-ish there.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #131
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

They sure are. I guess they get sick of being fake-nice to tourists all day, so when someone comes in to mail stuff, they figure they're locals and they can turn off the 'charm.'
Old 09-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #132
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They must rotate help with the Brookhaven Post Office.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #133
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Friday was a lot of shopping and headaches. Saturday was a trip to Whitley Bay and a bit of food at a pub. Sunday has been utterly random.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #134
binky
all hollowed out

County fair on Sunday-my 11 yr old tried the mechanical bull and that bungee harness thing-she is definitely expanding her horizons and getting braver. very cool demolition derby there as well.

P.S. we live in kind of a small town-not a lot to do without driving 50 miles, but a great place to raise your kids
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #135
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Ya really wanna know??
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote