FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #286
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Oh come on, Brian Budz - President.
I swear to god, that's his real name (really and truly)! It's like his parents knew . . .

Quote:
Hope it stays what you want, for as long as you want, Glinda.
Thanks. It's a little crazy now, because we don't have a steady supply of bud yet. The state just issued grower licenses in mid-April, so the supply is pretty spotty right now. Give it another three weeks when harvest time kicks in, and we expect to have a regular stock of 100-150 strains all the time.

In the meantime, everyone's taking it one day at a time. We had another crazy day today - got a few pounds in overnight, and out the door it went in 3.5 hours.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #287
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSicomoro View Post
Glinda, I've heard there have been a lot of glitches with the setup up there compared to Colorado. How has it been in your experience so far?
So far, except for the lack of a steady supply of weed, it's going really well. We use a software program that's connected to the state's database, so everything that comes in and goes out is automatically recorded to the state's satisfaction.

Here in WA, there is no open bud anywhere in the store. By law, growers must have their bud tested by the state and all THC and CBD levels must be documented. Then, growers are required to package (heat seal) the bud in whatever increments they want, and affix labels similar to the one seen in the image posted by Carruthers, noting the strain, the weight, THC and CBD levels, moisture content, lot number, and so on. When it arrives in the store, it's already a done deal - no measuring, no trimming, no nothing by any of us. We just put the packages in a bag and send the customer on his merry way.

Our store has also worked all taxes into the price to come up with an even number, to make it easier for buyers and staff. For example, today we were selling 2 grams of various strains for $40 total - that includes all the taxes (State Liquor Board [which oversees all MJ sales] as well as sales tax). So when we say you can buy 2 grams for $40, it's actually 2 grams for $40. The only other store in the area doesn't do this (and they charge a lot more, too - in general, what we sell for $40, they sell for $60).

Those prices are expected to come down soon, though. Right now, the grower can demand pretty much whatever price he wants. Soon, the supply will catch up with the demand, though, and prices will drop.

ETA: Edibles aren't on our menu yet. The state is still working out how they want things to go. The other day, the state decided there would be no candy edibles (lollipops, gummy bears, etc.), so it's probably only going to be baked goods, oils, and tinctures. Looking forward to the day they decide what the heck they're doing and let us know!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #288
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Take heart in they haven't said you can do such and such, then weeks later say no, we changed our mind you can't do that. Oh sorry, the lobbyist for somebody important was on vacation when we made that ruling. Now the money and labor spent on making it happen a waste, plus it's now stuck in the customer's mind it's reality. In other words, it could be worse.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #289
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

So it comes out to about $600 for a legal ounce of marijuana?? Note for legal purposes in MS an ounce of marijuana is 30 gm instead of 28.6 gm.

I'll stick to my whiskey/moonshine. It is a whole lot cheaper.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #290
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sounds like it will work out in the end, Glinda...for EVERYONE!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #291
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I posted how I wanted to try some pot and blah blah blah but I lost it. Anyways...as Sarge said, I think I'll stick to my liquor. Cheaper.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #292
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The finer things in life, although they can be free, are usually not the cheaper things.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #293
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
The finer things in life, although they can be free, are usually not the cheaper things.
Hehe....Yups. For example, good liquor ain't cheap either.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #294
glatt

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #295
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

there ya go Dude ,
Chillen like a Villen !!!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #296
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Glinda! You rock! Good to see you.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #297
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

glatt...it has to be said. You have very knobbly knees.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #298
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Glinda! You rock! Good to see you.
Thanks, IM! Now that my life is sort of stabilizing with an actual job, I'm feeling like it's time to reach out to old friends and catch up.

In my absence, I've been equally much too busy (scrambling for any little odd job that comes along and working my ass off for next to nothing, hocking jewelry, posting for sale ads on Craigslist, holding yard sales, etc.) and far too depressed to post much.

But during that time, I've lurked occasionally and thought about the Cellar and its outstanding collection of interesting, clever personalities often. Particularly over the course of the last few months, because . . .

I HAVE A NEW COCK!!!

Please say hello to Norman. Norman Cocks. He's a Silver Gray Dorking. *snort!* Unusually high in entertainment value and oddly suitable for mass Cellarite appreciation.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #299
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hi Glinda! All sounds pretty cool. And there's nothing quite like a nice new cock after all
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #300
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
So it comes out to about $600 for a legal ounce of marijuana??
Yeah, it's nuts. But you have to remember that the law applies a 25% excise tax at each level of the system: from producer to processor, from processor to retailer, and from retailer to customer. In addition, local retail sales taxes apply. That's a mighty heavy tax burden.

We're buying the stuff for $6-7 per gram right now, but that's going to drop a lot once (1) currently licensed growers start harvesting, and (2) the state issues more growing licenses. Right now, there are only about 80 licensed growers; there are another 1800 on the waiting list.

Still, regardless of the price, people are more than happy to stand in long lines for it. Our primary clientele is baby boomers who have't smoked for decades and don't have their own connections. For these folks, even if they wanted some bud, they wouldn't know how to go about getting some, and the whole "it's illegal!" aspect generally stopped them in their tracks. But now that it's legal, they're coming out of their self-imposed pot prison and into the light!

THANK YA, BABY JEEZUS!!!