Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
DangerouslySimple
Resident Denizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
They have pumped a lot of money into their ad campaign saying "our pizzas don't suck any more. try one." Has anyone had one of their new pizzas? Are they still horrible?
We only order deep dish, and I love their pizza actually. When we order food from anywhere we usually pay online or with a debit card, so I never have the prob with change.

When I was a kid- we used to call Dominos "Cardboard and ketchup." They've definitely made a step up from that. If given the choice, I will almost always order a deep dish dominos than anywhere else. However, I've never tried their regular pizza since I was a kid. And back then- it sucked LOL!
DangerouslySimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #32
lookout123
changed his status to single

The same is true here. We've got a couple of indie places that make my mouth water if I just drive past them. If we are going with pizza from a chain though we usually get Rosattis's (the one on 59th rules, the one on 99th sucks) for chicago style thin or if we want a real pie then Oregano's. Mmmm, Oregano's.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
(Dominos in the UK is £11.99 minimum)
That's $17.73.

SG, here's why Americans are fat!

One Dominos large pepperoni in Britain is £13.99 ($20.67).

One Dominos large pepperoni in the US is $12.34 (£8.35). But the current deal they have is two mediums with any two toppings for $10.98 (£7.43).

If you could get two pizzas with any two toppings for £7.43, why wouldn't you?! All the time!! And so we do.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #34
glatt

I could really go for a pizza right now.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #35
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

me too - just not Dominos.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #36
jinx
Come on, cat.

The Pizza Hut deal is $10 for any pizza. I'd do that before the 2 from Dominoes. (Not pan/deep dish though, I've seen how they're made)
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
(Dominos in the UK is £11.99 minimum).
But if the order was £25 and two £20s were offered they were not obliged to accept it.

For minimum wage (and tips) they came in for a lot of abuse.
From people who thought it was their right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
That's $17.73.

SG, here's why Americans are fat!

One Dominos large pepperoni in Britain is £13.99 ($20.67).

One Dominos large pepperoni in the US is $12.34 (£8.35). But the current deal they have is two mediums with any two toppings for $10.98 (£7.43).

If you could get two pizzas with any two toppings for £7.43, why wouldn't you?! All the time!! And so we do.

SG they're enot even on minimum wage here, I think.....

Ordering Pizza is another one of those things that we thought was exagerated in the movies (like Halloween and stean from the grids in the city streets....) -American families seemed to do it all the time, even the poorest families, not even as a weekend thing. Kids ordering pizza on a schoolnight without even checking if it was OK with their parents.... Now I understand why -it's SOOOOO cheap here. As is all fast food. Friday night 5pm I'm fighting with pizza delivery vans to get into my neighborhood. It's just not like that in the UK.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh no, delivery drivers here make much better than minimum wage, even before tips. The ones inside making the pizzas, though, they might be minimum wage, depending on age.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #39
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It's more than a little difference. Change for a twenty is a couple bucks, change for a fifty is thirty-couple bucks. Some shops won't come near you if you ask for that much change, fearing a trap. There are people out there that will kill a driver for 30 bucks and a pizza. Mostly they don't plan on killing, they just get nervous and lose it, but won't even try in the first place, for only a couple bucks.
Strange. In the scenario I was given, they just took the pizza and not the money. I really don't like customer transactions where customers are regarded with suspicion. Like the 5 dollar fraud protection I have to pay to the bank for cashing a check at their location. I have to pay them money, in case I am a rip-off artist. Bullshit! If you haven't guessed already, I don't use their services anymore either.

Bruce give me 5 dollars just in case you suck more than I think you do. And don't even think of asking for change, thereby breaking my change policy.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #40
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh no, delivery drivers here make much better than minimum wage, even before tips. The ones inside making the pizzas, though, they might be minimum wage, depending on age.
Orly? I wonder if that's a state thing or if I misunderstood how it works.... I believe, in Michigan, servers and delivery people are pretty much the only people exempt from the minimum wage law because they are expected to be tipped. But I could be wrong. I know that 15-17 year-olds working seasonal jobs only become subject to minimum wage rules after 100 days (the "training" period)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #41
monster

I found this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ci...6_173903_7.pdf
Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
Orly? I wonder if that's a state thing or if I misunderstood how it works.... I believe, in Michigan, servers and delivery people are pretty much the only people exempt from the minimum wage law because they are expected to be tipped. But I could be wrong. I know that 15-17 year-olds working seasonal jobs only become subject to minimum wage rules after 100 days (the "training" period)
Yeah, but the big distinction is between servers/cooks and delivery people. In Texas at least, you're not even legally allowed to deliver until the age of 18 (you can drive at 16, but not as part of your job.) And even then, you'd have to work hard to find an insurance company that would give an 18-year-old commercial coverage. Part of the extra pay is because pizza delivery drivers are expected to use their own car, so you're having to subsidize all the extra mileage and repairs. But absolutely--waiters, prep cooks, anyone not driving... they're all making minimum wage or not much better.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #43
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Required Minimum Hourly Wage Rate :
Provided reported tips per hour is:
July 1, 2008
$2.65

Holy Moly.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #44
monster

I have no idea of the age req here, but I've seen ads for mileage paid, so I'm thinking maybe minimum tipped wage (2.65) plus mileage plus tips...?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #45
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

If you want to order pizza over here, it's going to cost you more than it would to go to a cafe for a meal with a drink.

With the two teenage boys, plus Dazza and myself and one slice for Max, we usually order 3 pizza's and a couple of garlic breads and maybe a bottle of softdrink. By the time delivery is added, it usualy costs over $60 which I think is a lot of money for junk food.