The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #16
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
90% of that crime is in impoverished areas where, sadly, no one seems to care about anyways.

If you really look you will find every country is just like what you said.
Every first world nation has its crime but not on the level seen in the united states. I have looked, we have had this discussion before. Try comparing crime rates in any US city to hong kong, tokyo, singapore and see what I mean.
Also why is america so divided ideologically? Why does america allow itself to be invaded? Why in america can a child molester get off because the judge doesn't like the prison system?

Me starting this thread was a legitimate question. Is america dying?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM   #17
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Who the fuck are you to call other people's home a dump? They are having trouble right now, so what. If it wasn't for United States your pathetic country would be getting fucked in the ass by mainland China so shut up.
Hey retard, hong kong is ruled by mainland china. haha
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
Every first world nation has its crime but not on the level seen in the united states. I have looked, we have had this discussion before. Try comparing crime rates in any US city to hong kong, tokyo, singapore and see what I mean.
Also why is america so divided ideologically? Why does america allow itself to be invaded? Why in america can a child molester get off because the judge doesn't like the prison system?

Me starting this thread was a legitimate question. Is america dying?
It has its crime but it is not falling apart because of it. You also can't learn shit from statistics and I have explained the situation for you. The average person in the United States is no more violent than anywhere else in the first world. It is just a small population that is violent.

Quote:
Why does america allow itself to be invaded?
This is one of the most ignorant things I've heard. It is extremely hard and expensive to stop so stop judging others on what you have no understanding of.

Quote:
Also why is america so divided ideologically?
Because we have opinions.

Quote:
Why in america can a child molester get off because the judge doesn't like the prison system?
This is a one in a million thing that will inevidately happen in a coutnry as big and free as ours. If it was happening all the time then, yes it would be a problem, but it isn't.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Hey retard, hong kong is ruled by mainland china. haha
Ok, I made a mistake but I am not bashing other countries because I somehow falsely think I am superior. You are bashing the United States and by the statements you've made you obviously have no idea what it is like here.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #20
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
It has its crime but it is not falling apart because of it. You also can't learn shit from statistics and I have explained the situation for you. The average person in the United States is no more violent than anywhere else in the first world. It is just a small population that is violent.
The average american may not be more violent than anybody else but level of violence is higher than other first world nations. There is something wrong there. I know you americans are patriotic but stop denying reality.

Quote:
This is one of the most ignorant things I've heard. It is extremely hard and expensive to stop so stop judging others on what you have no understanding of.
There is nothing ignorant about that at all. You let millions of uneducated and unskilled workers flood your border despite the law. That is an invasion. You do nothing serious to stop it but argue about it instead. You even allow the invaders to protest in your streets waving their flag!
Your government is ineffective in this area. Perhaps due to corruption.

Quote:
Because we have opinions.
Your opinions have deadlocked you into uselessness.

Quote:
This is a one in a million thing that will inevidately happen in a coutnry as big and free as ours. If it was happening all the time then, yes it would be a problem, but it isn't.
The fact nothing was done about it and it was allowed to happen again says something about the american justice system.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Ok, I made a mistake but I am not bashing other countries because I somehow falsely think I am superior. You are bashing the United States and by the statements you've made you obviously have no idea what it is like here.
It isn't about superiority. I make criticism about america because I lived there. I have seen it for myself. Americans assume any criticism is bashing and nothing more.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #22
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
The average american may not be more violent than anybody else but level of violence is higher than other first world nations. There is something wrong there. I know you americans are patriotic but stop denying reality.
I have told you why there is more violence in America than in the first-world countries. Of course there is something wrong but you can't blame a whole country for the mistake of a few people.

Quote:
There is nothing ignorant about that at all. You let millions of uneducated and unskilled workers flood your border despite the law. That is an invasion.
If you can come up with a solution I would love to hear it.

Quote:
You do nothing serious to stop it but argue about it instead. You even allow the invaders to protest in your streets waving their flag!
How is that bad?

Quote:
Your government is ineffective in this area. Perhaps due to corruption.
Every government is corrupt.

Quote:
Your opinions have deadlocked you into uselessness.
No, it is other reasons why we are not getting to a solution.

Quote:
The fact nothing was done about it and it was allowed to happen again says something about the american justice system.
Once again you are taking an isolated incident and blaming it on the entire country.

Quote:
It isn't about superiority. I make criticism about america because I lived there. I have seen it for myself. Americans assume any criticism is bashing and nothing more.
Whether you know it or not your tone comes off like you are looking down upon the United States. That is superiority. Just because you lived here for two years or however long doesn't make you an expert on America.

I do not assume all criticism is bashing. I am one of the most heavy United States criticizers here but it is to change the way we live not look down upon it. The way you worded it makes it sound like bashing.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

duck is right. America is dying. China rules. Except when tiny Japan humiliated them.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well yeah, but she lives in HK which is a world apart from China. She's not a real Chinese.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 AM   #25
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
I have told you why there is more violence in America than in the first-world countries. Of course there is something wrong but you can't blame a whole country for the mistake of a few people.
There is always an excuse.

Quote:
If you can come up with a solution I would love to hear it.
Close your border to the invaders.

Quote:
How is that bad?
You accuse me of "america bashing" but allow invaders to bash you in the streets in protests?? Are you joking me??

Quote:
Every government is corrupt.
Some more than others. Yours is not doing anything about it.

Quote:
No, it is other reasons why we are not getting to a solution.
What other reasons?

Quote:
Once again you are taking an isolated incident and blaming it on the entire country.
Not true. It seems a growing trend in america that criminals be rehabilitated instead of removed like they should. Why else do you have so many repeat offenders?

Quote:
Whether you know it or not your tone comes off like you are looking down upon the United States. That is superiority. Just because you lived here for two years or however long doesn't make you an expert on America.

I do not assume all criticism is bashing. I am one of the most heavy United States criticizers here but it is to change the way we live not look down upon it. The way you worded it makes it sound like bashing.
I'm sorry for my tone but can you suggest how I can express criticisms of the united states without offending hypersensitive americans?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #26
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
There is always an excuse.
Then how should we fix it?

Quote:
Close your border to the invaders.
How are we going to pay for it? What if they come in through the sea or through Canada?

Quote:
You accuse me of "america bashing" but allow invaders to bash you in the streets in protests?? Are you joking me??
First, stop referring to Mexicans as invaders, the reasons they come to America is much deeper than "it is illegal". Second, they are protesting to try to change America. You are not trying to change America, just point out its problems. There is a big difference.

Quote:
Some more than others. Yours is not doing anything about it.
The majority wants to do something about it but we don't have the power to do that. Once again, you are saying something bad about us without and anything that we can do to change. Yeah, we have our problems but so does your country. If I ever criticize your country on its policies, it will be constructive.

Quote:
What other reasons?
The people don't have the power and the system is worked so politicians have to lie to become elected. That is not limited to America by the way.

Quote:
Not true. It seems a growing trend in america that criminals be rehabilitated instead of removed like they should. Why else do you have so many repeat offenders?
Removed like they should? So you are implying that your method is the right method and ours is wrong? Rehabilitation is the way to go in my opinion, but that is wrong apparently. That all doesn't matter anyways because we are not going the direction you are talking about. How are you getting this information about our trends?

Quote:
I'm sorry for my tone but can you suggest how I can express criticisms of the united states without offending hypersensitive americans?
By suggesting how we can realistically change. If you can not come up with a suggestion on how we can change then don't say anything because it will be pointless. You also have to remember that what works in your country may not work in our country because of other variables. Teach us how to live a better life and save ourselves from destruction, c'mon.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 AM   #27
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Then how should we fix it?
Quote:
By suggesting how we can realistically change. ... Teach us how to live a better life and save ourselves from destruction, c'mon.
Please tell us, duck_duck, how to fix our broken, shattered shell of a country! Teach us, duck_duck, we are lost without your guidance. Please save us from ourselves! Thank God duck_duck came along when she did to tell us what we must do! duck_duck for President!! W00T!!

Geezus effing Christ, Pierce grow a pair and quit grovelling to a Chinese teenage girl.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #28
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
Geezus effing Christ, Pierce grow a pair and quit grovelling to a Chinese teenage girl.
I'm thinking Pierce has a different agenda...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #29
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think he liiiiikes her...he wants to kiiiiiiss her....
Old 06-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #30
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Eh, I overreacted, I was in a bad mood last night. Sorry.

It was her calling Iraq a "third-world dump" that set me off. I just hate it when someone acts like they are better than anyone else because of where they were born.

Quote:
I think he liiiiikes her...he wants to kiiiiiiss her....
Please, I wouldn't take her from Fresh.