The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Not Greenwich at all - Central London again, but it all fits (ish)
Had my special day out with Mum yesterday.
We came into town for 10.30 and went on a London Walk (darkest Victorian London.) Sad to say it's the one I've enjoyed least so far - there was less architectural evidence and more story-based information. Still fascinating, but we slipped out before the end. Mum and I were starving and figured there could only be five more minutes left anyway, so we nipped into Borough Tube station rather than walk back along to Monument with them. I was still laughing when we sat down to eat. Mum loved it because it was around the area where her Mum grew up, so I chose something important to her in virtual ignorance.

First pic is The Monument, after which the station is named. It's a monument to the Great Fire of London, although it's generally recognised just as The Monument. Like the Doctor.

Second pic is me on London Bridge. Mum couldn't work my camera. Then she worked it out at the exact time I was trying to take it off her. Terrible arms, but at least you know I'm keeping it real and not airbrushing. Mum told me off for being impatient, "I was just making sure I got Tower Bridge in the background!" Which made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to have to sit down - check out the size and position of Tower Bridge, it would be harder NOT tro get it in the background!
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 09-15-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote