The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-26-2005, 12:49 AM   #16
Nunya
Lead Subordinate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Anyhow, tomorrow, I'm coming over and exchanging all your Christmas gifts for pairs of lederhosen.
Just read your response more carefully. That's exactly the spirit in which I started this thread!

Mark Twain
Nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Bri, the kid agreed to give us the best gift of all and disappear forever. Those parting slobbers more than define the mentality he/she/it intended to bring to this forum. If you want that here, especially after your posts about how you are surrounded with such pathetic and rude juveniles in your classes, then you must be really full of the Christmas spirit today. Anything more I could say will soon have be said by more worthy judges and trenchant wits than I if you succeed in luring him back
Hey! You remembered about the University kids! Actually, I had more of a problem with their politics than actual manners...but, I digress.

Ok, someone who says they are "genuinely nice and funny" is kind of weird in manner of someone putting "self-starter" on their resume, but, sometimes I think we scare people away without giving them a chance. Or, am I naive? I was new just a little over a year ago. I learned to stay AWAY from the politics Thread, and it was okay. I also worship wolf which precludes her from actually mauling me to death. *sob* it's really that I miss Angus and everybody was so mean to him (including me) and I want to atone!

So. Whatever. I just found this forum to be rather tolerant and not what Nunya said.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #18
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

Nunya - it's a tough crowd Just chill and have fun with your thread ....
Old 12-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #19
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

You know, it's quite possible that Nunya is a second account opened by Tonchi to release the other side of his personality and that what we are witnessing is an external manifestation of the internal conflict.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #20
marichiko

Tonchi is a girl, folks. Some people seem to be rather confused about her gender. She can be a bit sardonic at times like Wolfie, but she's actually a very nice person.

Nunya, don't feel bad. I got into a huge fight with everyone when I first started posting here. Then I got into an even bigger fight with everyone. Give as good as you get, be witty about it, and don't take any of it personally, and you'll do just fine. Its only the internet.

Oh, speaking of Big Dogs, I'm sending over my Christmas puppy for you to housebreak, along with Stacey's Chihuahua, "Pisser"! LOL

Last edited by marichiko; 12-26-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #21
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Tonchi was spending Christmas Eve, as she does every midnight of every day of the year, monitoring a forum where people from more than 30 countries visit and sometimes think it is cute to take a dump. She has been doing this in one form or another for 8 years now.

There is another old thread here which is very interesting, in which a person whose posts I always appreciated complained because UT deleted and banned a newbie after only a few posts. These posts seemed to me very indicative of what we could expect in the future from this jerk, but some did not agree. UT does not have to justify himself, but nevertheless he explained to us with a statement which really resounded with me: he said that after all this time he has developed an uncanny instinct about this. You know right from hello. He is right. The comment I made was extremely bland compared to the REAL bashes and flames that get written here all the time, but the way this person responded said all I needed to know about her(?). It was a perfect snapshot. But as far as that goes, of no importance whatever.

I can LEARN something from UG (who I can consider an idiot without losing interest in reading what he has to say) and also from tw (who never knows when to stop saying what he has to say). We have had a 15-year-old girl writing here before who thought carefully about what she said, and we have had several 15-year-old trolls who will probably never say anything thoughtful for the rest of their lives. It isn't necessary to agree with the people here, but it IS necessary to be able to express yourself well. A 12-year-old mind in a 33-year-old body doesn't cut it with me.

I have had to read breathtakingly stupid remarks on 5 forums in two languages as part of my duties, but those kids really ARE 12-years-old so they have an excuse. But here it's different, you have to be prepared to defend yourself or work with others instead of just pitching a prepubscent rant if you feel unappreciated since you are such a "genuinely nice and funny person" in your own mind. Don't expect that what works in your own little peer group will go over here. And don't snivel if it doesn't, for Christs sake!

All in all, you better take a lesson from my evil twin Marichiko, who has had to put up with some of the nastiest comments ever, and she lets it roll right off her.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:54 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ok, Ok. Plus, I didn't know you were a girl! Sorry 'bout that!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #23
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Same here. Reading your posts about Luisa had me consider the possibility that you were a woman, but I never saw anything definitive. Sorry.

However, sometimes harmless fun is just that, and if people buy into an idea and have fun with it, who are we to argue with that?

Snowball fights are an example of an utterly aimless pursuit that rational adults should not engage in - unless they want to have fun.

Nunya came up with an idea and people had fun with it. End of story.

BTW, was someone using your account or do you sometimes refer to yourself in the third person?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #24
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

When people are not speaking to me directly, I answer them the same way
Old 12-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #25
busterb
NSABFD

Quote:
I have had to read breathtakingly stupid remarks on 5 forums in two languages as part of my duties
If you don't have to kill me, if you tell me. None of my business, but what were your duties?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #26
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Geez, people. I'm not exactly a regular here, but even I knew that Tonchi is a she. :p
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #27
Nunya
Lead Subordinate

"Anything more I could say will soon have be said by more worthy judges and trenchant wits than I if you succeed in luring him back"

"...there are some very big dogs here. VERY big dogs and one wise old wolf too. I know enough to stay out of their way,somehow I think you won't."

"...She can be a bit sardonic at times like Wolfie,"

"... my evil twin Marichiko..."

"...She has been doing this in one form or another for 8 years now."

Gee WOLF, that was a really hard riddle to figure out.

"I can LEARN something from UG (who I can consider an idiot..."

It is unfortunate that you rely on the internet for your education.

HEY ADMIN! Lose my info, please!

Like I said...lame...

Mark Twain
Nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #28
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #29
marichiko

I retract my benefit of the doubt, Nunya, and, for once, actually concur with Wolf. AOL chat misses you. We won't. :p
Old 12-27-2005, 12:02 AM   #30
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Yup. You know right from hello