The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-01-2003, 02:57 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Cellar GTG

Well, it looks like the GTG is going to be June 21st in Chadds Ford. I intend to show up and am bringing my portable grill. Anyone who wants to use it is welcome. My only rule is .NO PORK . This means no 'meat' hot dogs. I am ok with shrimp and seafood, beef, lamp, chicken, turkey, duck, etc. While you are using it you are responsible for it, which means turning it off when you are done.

The grill is a Red Devil propane. The grill has technically been recalled because some people were lighting it below the burner. So far the only problem I've had with it is that hot dogs sometimes roll off because the grill surface rises above the sides.

I also will be visiting the local Entemanns outlet store on Friday and picking up whatever is on their 'last day' rack. The cakes are my contribution. I will not be bringing enough hamburgers, hot dogs, etc to feed 40 people.

Maybe we can use the vote function to count who is bring what.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm bringing a brick of weed, a kilo of coke, and 13 gallons of moonshine.

(Not sure what the woman and I are bringing. Alcohol definitely, but I'm not sure what else.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'll commit to it and then lamely back out at the very last minute.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

BrianR and Dagney

We are currently hoping to attend, however, due to a potentially difficult situation regarding my family, there is a chance that I may not be able to make it, (Brian is not sure if he'll be attending without me or not yet) If I can't come, but he can, I'll be sure to send along something yummy, and a camera so he can take pictures of all of the antics I'm sure to miss.

Dagney
Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 08:02 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
No problem. If you don't show we'll drink until midnight, then move the party to your house.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm putting the finishing touches on the directions/instructions. Email me if yah want a set.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #7
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Aw come on chicken shit! It'll be fun! Worst-case scenario, if all the people around freak you out, go home. You maybe waste an hour or two at most.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'll commit to it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #9
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

And the Cellar Road Trip begins when? Presumably about the time Syc runs out of booze and starts getting homesick...
Old 06-06-2003, 02:35 AM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've sent out the first batch of directions. If you did not get an email (or a PM requesting your email address because I overflowed the maxchar limit) and you want to (or think you might) attend, let me know!

Thrills, Chills, Plastic Forks!!!

Bring a Friend, Bring a Date, Bring Cream Cheese.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #11
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I got your e-mail. I plan to be there around 4:30. I'm bringing at least one guest but have asked a few others. I'll bring the grill and some cakes. I've also got an 18 foot string of large white (almost night light size) bulbs that I was using as summer lights on my deck. I'm planning to upgrade so I pulled them down. If there is a pole or some trees we can string them on or to there I will bring them with me. I don't want them back so I can leave them there when I leave if you want them.

I will bring a 20-lb propane tank and the small grill. Theres not a lot of grilling surface but this might take some of the load off of your charcoal grill.

I'm looking forward to the driveway you described, especially since I traded in my Chevy Blazer for a fuel efficient low-ground-clearance Ford Focus. I might decide to use my wife's minivan, especially if I get more members for my 'posse'.

If anyone wants to bring their own hamburgers and hot dogs (no 'meat' dogs) or chicken parts, the grill will be available. I personally am considering marinating drumsticks in various hot sauces I picked up along the way. I have to be careful, since the incident with the '%100 Pain' sauce at last years BBQ comes to mind.

I may be bringing a tub, ice, and soda cans.

This is the kick-off to my vacation week, so I'm considering the Hawaiian shirt-shorts-Panama hat look. The part about deer ticks is a little troubling, so I might have to change that.

Rolls, snacks, condoms...er...condiments, bug spray, lawn chairs-music CD's-Boom Box, paper plates, napkins, plastic forks, spoons, knives, cups, etc. George Carlin did a great monologue about people and their 'stuff'. He was right and I am bringing as much stuff as I can.

I will be bringing a camera unless someone objects. I always ask permission/give warning before I shoot, but I'm guessing the Cellar picture gallery should be pretty interesting on the Monday after.

Thanks again for the invitation. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, my CD collection includes a significant selection of bagpipe music. I am aware that some people have a problem with that . Well, that.

Lets Party.

BTW, how many people at the Cellar have you e-mailed directions to?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 06-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #12
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

I need a copy of the directions, i'll send you an e-mail wolf.
and i'll be bringing a large paper bag full of fireworks wich i need to get rid of. can't use these types here in Va you'll get in trouble with the cops.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:29 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just aim them at the source of the bagpipe music.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #14
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Just aim them at the source of the bagpipe music.
Not unless you want to see a caber toss "the hard way".
Old 06-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #15
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

What's the deal with the meatless hot dogs? Are ya Jewish, or just scared of the content?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote