The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #181
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

How much did you pay for yours Stormie?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #182
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 14 DAY 3

I woke up with cramps, back pain, and feeling nastily bloaty. So, I decided not to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
I've been following along here, Lola Bunny . Today, I'm starting P90X also, hope to be done right around the end of the year.

I lost 43 pounds since I quit smoking a year and a half ago, and only have about 10 to go, now I need to work on some muscles!

Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK, STORMIE!! Wow, wish I knew there were more than a few people following this thread so I would've tried harder. I slacked off majorly towards the ending. At least I'm trying harder now. As for you, lady, you should create your own thread so we could follow along with encouragements. Trust me, you're gonna get so tired and busy sometimes that it'll need more than your own will power to haul your butt in front of that screen and pop the dvd in.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #183
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 14 DAY 4, 5

I didn't exercise these two days. I know for sure one day I was busy from the time I woke up at 5AM til night. And the other day? I forgot why, perhaps I was lazy.

WEEK 14 DAY 6

I did back & biceps and ab ripper.

WEEK 14 DAY 7

I did legs & back and an ab exercise. Yeah, I didn't notice I was doing back exercises two days straight, but it was not biggie. I used a band rather than doing pull-ups so I didn't really overwork my muscles. Well, I am lightly sore all over, not just my back. Perhaps it's a result from lack of regular exercise, but I've been feeling really weary these days. Anyhoo, I originally intended to jog and do yoga tomorrow; however, I just offered my sister time to exercise rather than taking care of my nephew so I will only have time to do yoga tomorrow. It will be good for me anyways. Maybe I won't be so sore after doing yoga.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #184
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
I've been following along here, Lola Bunny . Today, I'm starting P90X also, hope to be done right around the end of the year.

I lost 43 pounds since I quit smoking a year and a half ago, and only have about 10 to go, now I need to work on some muscles!

Wish me luck!
Stormie, post a before and after picture!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:36 AM   #185
MisterBarbi

Lola - Just read this whole thread and I just want to say that you're quite an inspiration. Maybe you didn't follow the program to the letter, but it was pretty impressive all the same.
I've had the P90X dvds sitting in my room collecting dust for the last couple of months. I now feel motivated to dust them off and begin the 'lean' version.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting your progress.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #186
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Lola, by now you should be as ripped as a two-year-old gingham catnip mouse. What's happening? Where are the photos?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #187
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

dude.... you should be getting paid for your writing.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #188
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

MrBarbi: Just do it! I'll be cheering for ya! If you're feeling lazy, the lean is for ya. It's not as tiring as the regular or the double program. Do it...Do It...DO IT!!! You'll be glad you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Lola, by now you should be as ripped as a two-year-old gingham catnip mouse. What's happening? Where are the photos?
First, I must confess. I did a search on "two-year-old gingham catnip mouse" and came up with nothing. haha....So, I typed in "catnip mouse." Saw the picture but still didn't quite get the picture, but I think I got the idea...sorta. Now....for your question....

Footie: Sigh...well, what happened was I wasn’t eating right in the first place. While I was gaining muscles, I wasn’t losing too much fat. I switched to portion eating which helped and I started to lose inches. Unfortunately, my exercising became irregular, and I slacked off a few weeks here and there towards the end of the program. Now here’s the bad part. I started eating bad again. My aunt came and started to complain about too much leftovers in the fridge, too much food here and there and everywhere. I usually eat very light and sometimes nothing at all in the evening. Ever since she came in August, I’ve been eating dinner and alot too. My sister and I started out as to eating with our aunt to keep her company. Then it became a habit even when she’s not there. During the daytime, I started eating in bigger portions because I wanted to get rid of the food in the fridge so it wouldn’t be so cluttered (my aunt’s complaint). With these habits, I gained weight, which meant I got fatter and heavier. I am now back to where I was when I started the P90X program. I’ve been too embarrassed to admit this. I took a before picture about near midway thinking I’ll have good after pictures anyways. Sadly, I can’t even bear to pictures now. I am just happy that I am finishing the program, and I am ready to move on. Should I do Insanity? Yes? Hehe....why not since I’m a rather crazy person. I’ve just been pulled into a bet where I must reduce my waist to 26 inches (the guy claims I accepted the 25 in. challenge) by Christmas. He’s one SOB with no confidence in getting a 6-pack (his challenge since he claims he has a 4-pack already) and horrible sportsmanship. He’s been bringing fattening food every weekend since the bet started. He said he’s pulling a Hansel on us, meaning he’s fattening us up. At first, we thought he was kidding. But ever since he gained 5 lbs., he’s been upping the food and pushing for us to eat more. So, yeah....he was telling the truth. What an idiot. Frankly, he’s just worried he’d lose to my sister. As for me, he point blank said there’s no way I’m gonna make it. So, that pissed me off. I’ll show him, the little bastard. He dared look down on me and at the same time, trying to make me eat more? By nature, I’m very uncompetitive. If a person beats me in a competition or contest, I’m like, whatever. But this time, I’m motivated. I’m going to start another thread and this time, I’m planning on taking pictures for accountability.

And this is the short version if y’all were to lazy to read the short story above, I’m still fat because I didn't eat right and exercised regularly, so I’m not taking pictures.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #189
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 15 DAY 1

Nopes, didn't do yoga as I planned. I do have an explanation but no time now write it out now.

WEEK 15 DAY 2

I did core synergistics and an ab exercise.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #190
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #191
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 15 DAY 3

I did kenpo today. I had planned to do a 30 min walk in the evening but ate dinner and watched TV instead. Now I'm so doggone sleepy!

Footy: Hmm...that video was both cute and creepy at the same time. The cat looks cute although I felt like you called me a catnip and being tossed around like that didn't look fun. Now, those men talking in the background....
Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #192
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Didn't listen to the audio, so I can't say.

Ripped is an expression meaning muscularly toned (Linda Hamilton in Terminator)
Catnip is a drug that makes cats either very mellow and lovey or completely insane and frisky

Catnip mice are toys that cats rip to shreds in a frenzy of catnip euphoria

So I was saying that you should be as toned and muscular by now to the same extent that a catnip mouse would be ripped to pieces after two years.

I'm pretty sure there is a similar expression in Vietnamese. Almost certainly sure.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #193
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 15 DAY 4

I did core synergistics.

Foot, I will respond another time. so tired now...
Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #194
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 15 DAY 5

Hmm...I think I did nothing? Okay, so I checked my schedule again and found out day 4 was stretch day and it was that day that I did nothing. It was day 5 that I did core synergistic.

WEEK 15 DAY 6

I didn't do anything.

WEEK 15 DAY 7

Final day....YAY!!! Supposed to be a rest or stretch day. Since I didn't exercise yesterday, I decided to do yoga.

Now, as for my future plans. I intended to do Insanity but there's alot of preparations for my nephew's birthday next Friday. Other than the bouncer, which nothing needs to be done other than dragging out a plastic liner cuz we're placing it on concrete. We're gonna have Angry Bird theme. We're making a pinata, wood structures and pigs, taping Angry Bird characters on lollipops, angry birds and pigs balloons, and Angry Bird cookies. Yeah, I've never icing decorate cookies before. They looked cute on a website, and I got excited so I promised to make them. Uh...yeah...ain't gonna be a breeze. I read the instructions and recipes after I promised.

Anyways, it's been wonderful. Thanks everyone for reading and encouraging me. Meet y'all again in my next journey to getting fit! (closest I can find to working out)
Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #195
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

You know, Lola, the main reason I've been visiting this thread is that I'm waiting to see pics of your gym-bunny body. HINT HINT.

Seriously, well done for getting through to the end. This looks like a pretty unpleasant program, which normally means it should work. What is your assessment? Are you where you want to be?