The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #2161
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

So true!
The best part of waking up is having something in your cup.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #2162
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Two Girls One Cup beg to differ [retch]
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #2163
skysidhe

That's the Folgers motto modified.

Now what's this about one cup two girls?

You don't still use piss pots there do you?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #2164
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I went out for a walk with Pilau, in the thick snow. We went through village, up the lane, past the farms and stables and up onto the bluff where the view of the valley opens out like some magnificent landscape painting: all white and beautiful, breathtakingly so.

Took my camera out to take pics, turned it on and pointed it at a particularly lovely view of the paddock with horses (in their coats) tugging on a bundle of hay that had been slung from the fence post and ...

'battery low' *whirr click* camera shut down without a single pic taken

Doh!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #2165
skysidhe

I want to say,"aww shoot" but maybe a "damn the damn camera" would read more supportive -like.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #2166
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I went out for a walk with Pilau, in the thick snow. We went through village, up the lane, past the farms and stables and up onto the bluff where the view of the valley opens out like some magnificent landscape painting: all white and beautiful, breathtakingly so.

Took my camera out to take pics, turned it on and pointed it at a particularly lovely view of the paddock with horses (in their coats) tugging on a bundle of hay that had been slung from the fence post and ...

'battery low' *whirr click* camera shut down without a single pic taken

Doh!
Damm. With a lead up like that I was getting the pic in my head hoping for the pay off with a real one. Now charge up those batteries and get back out there before the snow is all trampled on!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #2167
DanaC

Alas, by the time I got home (through the blizzard we were caught in - see White Christmas thread) it was late afternoon, so by the time the camera was charged it was dark out
Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #2168
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

One of my staff members went down with a medical emergency AND a possible nervous breakdown. So here we are the busiest time of the year in a liquor store... and we are down a full time staff member. She will be out for at least 2 weeks if not longer

My other girl went in early, but she can only stay until 7pm.. so 7-11 is not covered..... on the up side its horrible weather, and we will not really miss much in sales (hopefully) The 2 part time/on call people are not answering their phones of course.

Tomorrow is Yule AND my anniversary so my husband is insisting I do not cover any shifts tomorrow. I am only the manager in everyone's eyes... I am just the supervisor. Even tho I am expected to do all the paperwork, schedules, cover shifts, deal with reps etc without the title and the pay. I called the manager and of course got his voice mail at home.

Oh, and my hubby hurt his back at work Fri night and will be off for 2ish weeks... not good financially or errand wise, as he can not even move without pain.

I *WILL* have a good Yule and Christmas dammit!!! lol
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #2169
DanaC

God's teeth, Jay, what a bloody nightmare! Keep focussed on that determination to have a good yule and Christmas anyway though. Hope it gets better and really hope Mr Jaydaan gets better soon. Bad backs are such a bugger. They affect everything you try and do.

*passes Jaydaan a very large Christmas sherry, a mince pie and a bumper pack of analgesics for Mr J* here y'go m'dear.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #2170
Jaydaan

Thanks DanaC! all those things sound great!

Well its only 1pm, and I already cracked a bottle of J. Lohr Cab/Sauv.. this way when my boss calls me to try to convince me to go in tonight, I can legitimately say, " sorry, I have been drinking, and legally can not work"

Hubby is in the shower (barely on) using the heat to hopefully un-seize his back as I type.

I put a list of all things needed to be done on my fridge... and filled the freezer section!!! Not all going to get done I'm afraid. So cleaning the living room/kitchen is my goal today, and decorating.

My best friend said she would take our son out to get my gift, and do my husbands shopping for him, so he does not have to worry about that. I will go out to get my father in law's gift (hubby usually does that himself) as soon as hubby surfs the web and finds what he wants me to purchase.

In the meantime, I am having that drink, lunch and relaxing a bit before we sink into chaos. ROFL
Old 12-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #2171
monster
I hear them call the tide

Um Jaaydan, have you checked the mail for a SS delivery recently? that might cheer you up.....
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #2172
Jaydaan

No mail on the weekends....
Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #2173
Jaydaan

Well.. it looks like the night of the 23rd is not covered, and the nights of the 26 and 27th.. all others are covered. All others were covered... and we have one not so reliable girl that may cover them.. otherwise its 11-8pm instead of 9am-11pm opening.

My issues are not so bad, really. A bit of maybe not the cleanest house as wished, not any extra money after Jan rent is payed... but really.. there is HUNDREDS of dollars under the tree. My family is healthy (in pain... but healthy) The stress is all self inflicted.

My girl at work had had such a rough year... hubby left her, she had to move, father almost died (was in ICU for 3 wks) Grandfather died, Grandmother died, ex decided to sue her for custody (good luck on that one BTW, she is a great mother, and he is an idiot) and now she found out 2 days ago she was pregnant... SURPRISE!!!!!!.. and now a tubal pregnancy and is in hospital. BAH
More worried about her really..... her sanity is not stable, and looking back at her year, mine would not be either!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #2174
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry to hear all that Jaydaan.
My grumpiness feel totally unjustifed now.
But I'll tell you about it anyway!

Bloody post.

I ordered two badges from eBay on the 12th.
Still haven't come, only two more days of post before they're worthless. 49p each, so they don't break the bank, but as they're Christmas specific I'd have to wait a whole 'nother year to give them.

Abigail's snow-globe hasn't arrived either, or Samuel's MK Dons tshirt. The latter is the only one which will have to be replaced as it was a half of his Christmas present - I'll have to go into town on Weds and get him something else instead.

And no Secret Santa either
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #2175
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

There are ants crawling all over my desk.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar