The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #106
Griff
still says videotape

So I sit down to read the cellar with a microwave heat pad on my shoulder and guess which thread is active...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #107
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Is this the same shoulder you already had surgery on? Are you saying he shouldn't do it because it's not going to stop the pain anyway?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #108
Griff
still says videotape

I think Footy had the surgery. Mines been okay with exercise and anti-inflammatories. This new pot regimen looks interesting...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #109
Clodfobble

Yeah, foot and zippyt and I thought one other person... Glad yours is staying under control, though. I'm actually pretty leery of shoulder surgery for him now, thanks to the horror stories on here.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #110
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
There is nothing horrible after you get better. I was never in pain after the surgery as long as I behaved. It has been 2 years nearly and it is awesome. I really want to get the other one done but not with things the way they are at home.

I can do things with my arm now and I'm not in pain with that arm. I often find myself holding back when lifting or some such motion and then I realize it doesn't hurt and I go a bit farther and no pain and I realize I am actually stronger in that arm than I used to be.

I totally recommend it. The anal probe, not so much.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #111
Clodfobble

Surgeon says it's not severe enough to do surgery on right now. So he can cripple his arm in a sling indefinitely, and see if it heals on its own, or he can just keep living in pain and wait until it gets bad enough to do surgery. He's pretty pissed at that non-answer.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #112
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
You may need a different PCP or Surgeon.

Moderate is meaningless, how many cm? Even that isn't fool proof, Mine was only supposed to be something like 2cm partial tear from the MRI, when the doc got in there via arthro, he saw that it was essentially fully torn with only a tiny shred of tissue connected and a lot of scar tissue. What he thought would be 45 minutes was almost three hours.

Mr. C should go to his doc and say, "Listen. I'm in pain and every time I need to do X it hurts. And when I do Y, it hurts. And if I do Z, it hurts." Never say, "I can't do such and such." Say that you can, but emphasize that it fucking hurts.

Problem with RC injuries is the longer you wait to deal with them the chances of full recovery diminish.

Shoulders are a crazy ass solution to an engineering problem and there's not much to do to improve their architecture. PT 3x a week and at home might help strengthen and stabilize the shoulder but those tendons don't re-attach themselves.

Shoulders. Ask for them by name.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #113
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
You may need a different PCP or Surgeon.

Moderate is meaningless, how many cm? Even that isn't fool proof, Mine was only supposed to be something like 2cm partial tear from the MRI, when the doc got in there via arthro, he saw that it was essentially fully torn with only a tiny shred of tissue connected and a lot of scar tissue. What he thought would be 45 minutes was almost three hours.

Mr. C should go to his doc and say, "Listen. I'm in pain and every time I need to do X it hurts. And when I do Y, it hurts. And if I do Z, it hurts." Never say, "I can't do such and such." Say that you can, but emphasize that it fucking hurts.

Problem with RC injuries is the longer you wait to deal with them the chances of full recovery diminish.

Shoulders are a crazy ass solution to an engineering problem and there's not much to do to improve their architecture. PT 3x a week and at home might help strengthen and stabilize the shoulder but those tendons don't re-attach themselves.

Shoulders. Ask for them by name.
^whs^
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #114
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Yeppers
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #115
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Surgeon says it's not severe enough to do surgery on right now. So he can cripple his arm in a sling indefinitely, and see if it heals on its own, or he can just keep living in pain and wait until it gets bad enough to do surgery. He's pretty pissed at that non-answer.
I HATE passive doctors! If I wanted to 'wait and see' I wouldn't need a doctor to tell me to do it!

I go to Cincinnati for aggressive docs. All the docs up here want to 'wait and see' until your cancer is growing out of your fookin' ears or if your arm does, indeed, grow back.

sheesh.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #116
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
snip--

I totally recommend it. The anal probe, not so much.
UR doin it rong.