The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #1156
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That was what I was saying isn't there (an "island"). Some stuff, I don't doubt; but even to call it a stew is hyperbole.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #1157
monster
I hear them call the tide

I have water trapped in my ear and I can't shift it.

...ooh there you go. finally managed to shake my head hard enough to dislodge it. of course now my head hurts from all the shaking, and I'm thinking there may be a little trapped in the other ear too. Oh well, it'll have to stay there for now........
Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #1158
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh man, that's what Q-tips are for. I can't stand water or anything else in my ears. You guys swim so much, you should just carry a little packet in your purse.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #1159
monster

Q-tips sometimes just don't do the trick. (I do carry them in my swim bag )
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #1160
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Maybe you should get a gazillion little plastic crumbs and squirt them into your ear. At least you wont have any albatrosses or dolphins in your ear canals.

My technique is to twist up a tissue leaving a spiral/helix shape, and drill inwards with that. This reaches pretty deep.

TMI?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #1161
monster

was hospitalized for getting paper towel stuck in the ear doing that as a kid.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #1162
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

My mom's ex boyfriend was hospitalized for that as well...bad idea.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #1163
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

This mother-effin' god-forsaken piece of shit job.

2 weeks ago I put in an order for a laptop to take to conference. We take them so we can keep up on emails, and I have scholarships that HAVE to be worked on.

My boss, the big bucks, got one to borrow today. She could afford her own. My co-worker, when told they might not have one for her, said "Oh, that's OK I'll just bring my own."

I do not have a laptop. If they paid me right, I could probably get my own.

They lend them out to Joe Schmo's Community Emporium and say that me getting one is "iffy." They told me that today, just now...no time to borrow one from a family member...no recourse.

No one gives a shit, it doesn't affect them.

I need to get out of this hell-hole piece of shit place.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #1164
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Shawnee-
The hotel you are staying in probably offers a computer and internet access, lots of places do. Well, if it's a major chain....Ask at the front desk. They will find something for you, or an alternative.

You might get some work done on the town too, by finding an internet cafe that offers comps. and not just wi-fi. And it might be good to get out on the town and grab some coffee or wine or beer or get lay-..........

I know that isn't much help...but that's all I've got. Certainly not as convenient as a lap-top...

Outside of all that- yea...that sucks...people that expect you to do your job without the proper tools and low wages just fu**ing suck!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #1165
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
was hospitalized for getting paper towel stuck in the ear doing that as a kid.
My little sister(at about age 4) stuck a pea up her nose and had to go to the emergency room
Old 12-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #1166
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Shawnee-
The hotel you are staying in probably offers a computer and internet access, lots of places do. Well, if it's a major chain....Ask at the front desk. They will find something for you, or an alternative.

You might get some work done on the town too, by finding an internet cafe that offers comps. and not just wi-fi. And it might be good to get out on the town and grab some coffee or wine or beer or get lay-..........

I know that isn't much help...but that's all I've got. Certainly not as convenient as a lap-top...

Outside of all that- yea...that sucks...people that expect you to do your job without the proper tools and low wages just fu**ing suck!

Thanks, Cic. I really needed to blow off, and I appreciate your words. Boss is trying to nudge them as I type, but it's still BS. Like I said, they could have told me...I probably could've borrowed from someone.

I know the hotel has a business center, but those are pretty booked. It's just so maddening...esp when you hear all the time that one of our mantras (that's what I call it, I'm sure they have another name for it but when it's all lip service let's call a duck a duck) is "Valuing People."
Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #1167
Shawnee123

So they found one. Maybe I just need to remember I'm an idiot. But when you hear the word "iffy" followed with a slow head shake...Of course boss getting in on it didn't hurt. I just get to be the bad guy.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #1168
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
So they found one. Maybe I just need to remember I'm an idiot. But when you hear the word "iffy" followed with a slow head shake...Of course boss getting in on it didn't hurt. I just get to be the bad guy.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
She was power-tripping, and yanking your chain to make you cry. "iffy".

How's that for value?

Now
back to whatever you were doing.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #1169
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky
My little sister(at about age 4) stuck a pea up her nose and had to go to the emergency room
Sounds like a wasted ER trip to me. I mean, if it were stuck in her ear, that would be something for a professional to get out because the eardrum is not something you want to endanger... and maybe if the item were up her nose and sharp, you wouldn't want to risk scraping up her sinuses trying to get it out... but a pea? The nose just dumps out into the back of the throat, just stick a Q-tip up there and push it up and out.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #1170
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
I'm sick because the idiots that I work with like to come in while sneezing and coughing all over the place. I think I am going to spit on all their mouses and keyboards
I agree - they are right up there with all the idiots that brag about their kid's perfect attendance at school and send them with green snot running out of their noses. Then their classmates, not to mention the employees get sick and it is big old fucking vicious circle for a month!! Whew i feel better now.

Tags
swiss