The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #151
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

They're planning on putting a bunch in here in Raleigh as well. And the idea is not being taken well.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #152
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

speaking of nazis, i cant abide food nazis. up their ass people preaching about what food we should eat, what we shouldnt, what we should feed our children. fuck off! all that fruit and veg youre buying to prolong a life that already lasts too long has been irradiated, treated and sprayed and fuck knows what else. kids are going without food at school because Jamie Oliver decided he had the answer to unruly kids, i.e., their eating habits. so waht?! just eat what you like, what the body craves, and tell these nazis to mind their own fuckin business.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #153
Griff
still says videotape

Another kind of food nazi. The kind that could starve a country.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:46 AM   #154
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That sucks, Griff. The more troubled their economy becomes the more he will rail against the US in a typical diversionary tactic.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #155
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
just eat what you like, what the body craves, and tell these nazis to mind their own fuckin business.
No problem. As long as insurance stops covering Type II Diabetes.

As for roundabouts, they caught on as a hip thing in Austin a few years back, but they were installed in all the wrong places--small residential intersections where they literally amount to nothing more than an obstruction in the middle of the road that you have to swerve around. They've been slowly taking them out.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #156
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I guess I've never understood the supposed point of them anyway. (Much like New Jersey's jug-handles.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #157
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
No problem. As long as insurance stops covering Type II Diabetes.

As for roundabouts, they caught on as a hip thing in Austin a few years back, but they were installed in all the wrong places--small residential intersections where they literally amount to nothing more than an obstruction in the middle of the road that you have to swerve around. They've been slowly taking them out.
i bless the national health service.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #158
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I guess I've never understood the supposed point of them anyway. (Much like New Jersey's jug-handles.)
Jughandles, the Little Ferry Circle, the old 4/17 interchange...

New Jersey has the most nuclear waste sites.
California has the most lawyers in America.
Why?
New Jersey has first pick.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #159
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

The Farking VA.
Give me 100% disability or let me go back to work.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #160
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
That's exactly where they're putting them in here Still it keeps the locals busy -planting flowers in the middle for the teenagers tio drive over, and going to meetings about getting instructions posted, stop signs installed, roundabouts removed.....

There also seems to be a fad at new high schools for building a ring road around them, with a roundabout at every parking lot entrance point and every exit point. It's a bit Hotel California-ish becasue on the way in, you just head for the building, but on the way out.......
Old 02-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #161
rkzenrage

I spend a lot of time in the hospital and in Dr.s offices and have been in the hospital a lot lately.
When you are in the damn hospital two things really suck about it.

You can't leave.
You really don't want to piss-off the people keeping you alive/caring for you, depending on your trip.

Same goes for the Dr's. office to a smaller degree.

Every time I'm in the hospital and often in the hospital I get preached at and I'm fucking sick of it. These hospitals get state funding, there has to be a separation of Church and State issue here.
No I do not want to "pray about it". If I thought that a god intervened in people's lives he/she/they/it would have done this to me to begin with and they can suck my dick for a month.
On the same note, nor do I think "the lord loves me", if it does, I could give two shits. (given, if I thought there was one)
They, sometimes, believe it or not, ask me "if I've found Jesus?", I usually give some half answer that they always take as affirmation because it is what they want to hear.
This is not nurses alone, Dr.s & techs do this all the time, it's f***ing crazy.
Do your job people.
A person's spirituality is personal and none of anyone's damn business.
The crazy thing is that I don't have anything put on my chart, so they know I'm not a Christian, or I would have had them put it there.
They see someone in horrible pain, dealing with the stuff I deal with and they want to chat about religion, recruiting?
The quickest way I can think of to turn someone off of it... this from me who has studied it for over twenty years. Sick, just sick.
I'm not talking once a trip, I'm talking daily, several times.
Dr. visits are not so often, but it comes up with fair regularity.
The message of Christ is dead.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 AM   #162
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

That sucks, rkzenrage.

Is there any way possible you can see humor in their crap?

"I didn't have to find Jesus, he hog-tied me and dragged me over to you all"

(You still cut quite a handsome figure, by the way )
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #163
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I found Jesus, he was mowing my lawn.

The "Today Show" annoys the living shit out of me.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #164
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I spend a lot of time in the hospital and in Dr.s offices and have been in the hospital a lot lately.
When you are in the damn hospital two things really suck about it.

You can't leave.
You really don't want to piss-off the people keeping you alive/caring for you, depending on your trip.

Same goes for the Dr's. office to a smaller degree.

Every time I'm in the hospital and often in the hospital I get preached at and I'm fucking sick of it. These hospitals get state funding, there has to be a separation of Church and State issue here.
No I do not want to "pray about it". If I thought that a god intervened in people's lives he/she/they/it would have done this to me to begin with and they can suck my dick for a month.
On the same note, nor do I think "the lord loves me", if it does, I could give two shits. (given, if I thought there was one)
They, sometimes, believe it or not, ask me "if I've found Jesus?", I usually give some half answer that they always take as affirmation because it is what they want to hear.
This is not nurses alone, Dr.s & techs do this all the time, it's f***ing crazy.
Do your job people.
A person's spirituality is personal and none of anyone's damn business.
The crazy thing is that I don't have anything put on my chart, so they know I'm not a Christian, or I would have had them put it there.
They see someone in horrible pain, dealing with the stuff I deal with and they want to chat about religion, recruiting?
The quickest way I can think of to turn someone off of it... this from me who has studied it for over twenty years. Sick, just sick.
I'm not talking once a trip, I'm talking daily, several times.
Dr. visits are not so often, but it comes up with fair regularity.
The message of Christ is dead.
Amen.
Sorry you have to deal with this crap. Tell them youre an Alchemist.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #165
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

When they ask you if you have found Jesus, you can always tell them you weren't looking for him, you didn't lose him, because you didn't have him last.

That should deter 'em.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote