The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Melinda Trump

GQ has a long interesting interview with and background on, Mrs Trump.

Quote:
It’s easy to think America has changed a lot since Hillary Rodham Clinton was chastised in the early ’90s for her ambition as First Lady—refusing to sit at home and make cookies. But our conception of a presidential spouse hasn’t evolved much. Michelle Obama, a Princeton graduate and legal hotshot who was once her husband’s law-school-era mentor, has been mainly confined to dealing with soft issues: childhood obesity, planting vegetables. Rather than Hillary or Michelle, it was Laura Bush—a teacher who supported her husband’s turning from bottle to Bible—who seemed most suited to Middle America’s idea (or at least a man’s idea) of a First Lady. Of course, the paragon of them all is still Jackie Kennedy, endlessly glamorous and endlessly tolerant of her husband’s philandering.

Those who know Melania say the Jackie template isn’t a bad one for her to aspire to. “She’d be great at picking out the china patterns; she’d be a classic First Lady,” says stylist Phillip Bloch, who has worked with both of the Trumps and attended fashion shows with Melania. But unlike Jackie, who met John Kennedy when he was already a congressman, Melania wasn’t signing on to be a political spouse when she met the notorious Donald Trump in 1998.
The article isn't soft on the Donald...
Quote:
Melania is as fastidious a wife as she is a mother, which Donald appreciates. Things come easy with her. “I work very hard from early in the morning till late in the evening,” Donald told Larry King in 2005. “I don’t want to go home and work at a relationship.” To the twice-divorced Donald, Melania is terrific. He’s never heard her fart or make doodie, as he once told Howard Stern. (Melania has said the key to the success of her marriage is separate bathrooms.) He can trust her to take her birth control every day, he boasted to Stern; she’s just amazing that way. She has the perfect proportions—five feet eleven, 125 pounds—and great boobs, which is no trivial matter. Stern once asked Trump what he would do if Melania were in a terrible car accident, God forbid, and lost the use of her left arm, developed an oozing red splotch near her eye, and mangled her left foot. Would Donald stay with her?

“How do the breasts look?” Trump asked.

“The breasts are okay,” Stern replied.

Then, yeah, of course Trump stays. “Because that’s important.”
Old 05-11-2016, 02:05 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:

Blitzer: You hated this article in GQ about your wife Melania. Julia Ioffe wrote it. Since then, some of your supporters have viciously attacked this woman, Julia Ioffe, with antisemitic attacks, death threats. What’s your message to these people when something like that happens?

Trump: I’ll tell you, I haven’t read the article, but I hear it was a very inaccurate article and I heard it was a nasty article. They shouldn’t be doing that with wives, I mean they shouldn’t be doing that.

Blitzer: These death threats that have followed these antisemitic…

Trump: Oh, I don’t know about that. I don’t know anything about that. You’ll have to talk to them about it.

Blitzer: But your message to these fans is?

Trump: I don’t have a message to the fans.
Read more at http://littlegreenfootballs.com/arti...iSAQ7er52bU.99

I guess after the convention Trump won't be saying anything about Bill Clinton then.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You'd guess that, but you'd guess wrong.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I guess after the convention Trump won't be saying anything about Bill Clinton then.
Italy had their Silvio Berlusconi. Maybe it is our turn.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Who's Melinda? Is that one of Trump's daughters?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

He meant Melania.

I guess.

The quotes refer to Melania multiple times with no mention of a Melinda.

I'm just using logic here.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #7
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Grav, thats crazy talk!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Heh, yeah...Me and logic.

I knew that was gonna be a tough sell.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:37 AM   #9
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Aww gee, I see the logic now. It ain't got nuttin' to do with dyslickidicks!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote