The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #376
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

IMO, Jim was being kind. Seems like that is a foreign concept for some to grasp.
Honest need not only be brutal. There can be understanding and acceptance as well.
Whatever works for you, for him for whomever.
As one who didn't really post here, from the outside it did seem like a cumulative effort to attack, for lack of a better word.

Jim, do your thing man. I, for one, am proud of you trying to recognize your faults/weaknesses/whatever and attempting to improve yourself.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #377
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

oh and what Ali said.
(damn if I could just afford to fly to Aussieland)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #378
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
yeah...that last part sounds like bullshit. You called me a liar. I never lied. I was trying to make peace...

Yes...i was interested in possibly meeting brill in meat space. Was that my dick? How very base of you to illuminate that. Thanks. Youre a great friend.
I didn't call you a liar. I think you're trying hard to be something that you're not. I am a great friend. The kind you don't always appreciate.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #379
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
oh and what Ali said.
(damn if I could just afford to fly to Aussieland)
haha, I think you're all talk classic.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #380
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I didn't call you a liar. I think you're trying hard to be something that you're not. I am a great friend. The kind you don't always appreciate.
I'm trying to see things from other people's pot of view before I judge them. I've been knocked around a bit because I have failed to do that in the past. You did call me a liar.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #381
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantDisguise View Post
I hope my posting here right now doesn't do more harm than good. But I just needed to say that I am very very sorry for everything that transpired. I take my share of the blame in this as well. There are many things I shouldn't have said or done during this.

Please don't be mad at Jim. I re-read the PM with the list and it was all said in a joking manner. I had received what I perceived to be a not very nice PM about my signature. Prior to that I had started to feel a little unwelcome here and then I get that PM. Jim was just trying to be a good guy and make me feel welcome. That's all. He didn't mean any harm to any of you. After that then some not so nice things were said after I agreed about having avatars. I wasn't trying to change this place, I was just stating my opinion on it. So once I saw some things that I perceived as mean, things escalated. I guess I felt backed into a corner and I came out scratching.

So please, don't let this ruin any of the friendships you have all acquired over the years. They are true friendships if your feeling are hurt and shouldn't be dropped without trying. We all need friends in this world.

I won't post here anymore because I think too many here have a bad taste in their mouths with me now, and that's ok. But please, don't let this get in the way of your friendships. I never ever intended for any of this to happen. I mean that.

Take care.
Now that's the post that makes me hope you'll eventually come back. Hell of a way to get to know us better, though......
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #382
monster

Quote:
I'm trying to see things from other people's pot of view before I judge them. I've been knocked around a bit because I have failed to do that in the past. You did call me a liar.
well that must be a case of "if the cap fits", because that's not how I see it.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #383
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:

This isn't the time to be channeling Annie Wilkes.

I'M JOKING! but it did remind me of the movie, Misery.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #384
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
well that must be a case of "if the cap fits", because that's not how I see it.
Whatever works for you, I guess. Insult me, call me names, then deny it. We'll jus agree to disagree then, shall we?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #385
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Who fucking hijacked the "Confession Time" thread.

I WANT ANSWERS
I walked into the drama just a few min ago so I know I have a ways to go, but this made me haggis.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #386
monster

Quote:
Whatever works for you, I guess. Insult me, call me names, then deny it. We'll jus agree to disagree then, shall we?
No.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #387
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I am looking for the thread where I tell 3 foot that I like him...you still there, footy?
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #388
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
nwss.

I think the new Jim is a neutered shadow of his former self, who -in the absence of testosterone- lets his dick lead the way instead of his balls.

NJ? that's close enough for a lunchtime shag, no?

He's the star pupil of the "good boys are those who behave like girls" school of thought. WTG. Let's make an honor roll bumper sticker for his mom.

"Being a hammer is easier"?

Telling the truth is easier than lying....
Ok then.

All this shit right here? You stand by this assessment? And you're my friend too?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #389
monster

where does that say you're a liar?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #390
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

The last two sentences.