The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #3676
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

but aren't you a ghey? and Jewish? Come on - you gotta have SOMETHING for us.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #3677
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Nope. Spoiled rotten and I knew it.
Now my SISTERS...They could criticize.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #3678
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I believe it's "I'm not surprised, the way you act" as a response to any tale of woe or injustice.

Today I am upset at the prospect of having no support when I leave Cornerstone (the day care centre I am at). I suppose I'll find out what, if anything, is available at my Care Plan Assessment meeting on Friday. But Friday is also the day I am discharged. I'm worrying myself into a state at the idea I'll go from a daily supportive environment from 10.00-15.00 to a fortnightly visit from a busy psychiatric nurse, who I'll get at best for an hour - not long enough to even update her on my mood.

I'll also miss having a dedicated care worker looking out for me - contacting my GP practice, telling them to prescribe things (if I don't know they exist, how can I ask for them?). Getting my interim meetings re alcohol. Making sure I get to see the psychiatrist on site. And all the rest.

I'm going to have another go at volunteering. Probably gardening this time. In fact the building behind Cornerstone is asking for gardening volunteers so at least I'll be on the same premises.

And of course Oasis (nee Addiction Counselling Trust) have two groups I can attend, so that fills up some time. I see my case worker there tomorrow at 09.00, so I can discuss my fears with her. And get acupuncture, and have more beads put in - my ear I mean, temporary things for stress.

Sigh. It's just a long road until I get to psychotherapy. Best estimate three months. But I can't really move on until I start dealing with the underlying issues I have, or I will be back worse than where I started before I know it. As it was I spent three hours crying this evening after I came home. The realisation of what was coming (following a group called "Preparing for Discharge"), a silly thing where my brownies got overcooked in baking, and the an accusation from my Dad, via my Mum, that I had "stolen" her debit card and used it behind her back. Untrue of course, but it brought it all flooding out.

Still a bit weepy now.
Time for a cup of tea perhaps.

Actually my breasts are really sore and heavy. Perhaps I'm prone to hormonal shifts after all.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #3679
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

love you, Sundae. :warmth: :cuppa: :hugs:
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #3680
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh hon *hugs* that's horrid. Best thing about days like that is they expire at midnight.

You're going to do just fine Cherry, really you are. The every day support is great and I know it's been a massive help for you, but you won't crash and burn the moment it's not there. Really you won't. That part of you that is taking you down these good roads won't let that happen. Place your trust there. You are strong. Even though you may not feel it. You are.

You've engaged with the fear for a while, now you need to set that to one side. It can't help you. Don't ignore it; recognise it but postpone it. Something to reassess after your first week.

*another hug*

Pilau offered to hug you too, but I told him he's far too smelly.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #3681
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Lots of hugs from here too. But I'll be careful around your sore breasts.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #3682
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Dammit.

I just got word from my old job that a friend of mine has less than 24 hours to live.

Smitty worked in maintenance, and was one of my very favorite people. He was an admitted wild child back in his day, and had only settled down a little. We made each other laugh every time we ran into each other, and I could beeatch about my job knowing he would beeatch back and it would never leave the confines of our conversation.

I guess he has Hepatitis C, something I did not know. I spoke with my ex boss just now and she said she did know and was surprised it wasn't common knowledge.

He is a good man, a happy soul. So many days I threatened to switch jobs with him, when I would see him out on the riding mower on a beautiful sunny day, smoking his cigarettes and enjoying the world.

I'll miss you Smitty.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #3683
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

:sad:

sorry Shawnee. that sucks.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #3684
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

A ferociously aggressive form of genetically-based ovarian cancer killed my beloved SIL less than 2 yrs ago. Now my SIL's sister has had a recurrence of cancer w/biopsy scheduled (but it looks like it's the same cancer), and her niece has an estimated 3 months left. My niece had prophylactic surgery already but I know she has worries, too. Damn damn damn damn.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #3685
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

They need to wipe out ovarian cancer...the sneakiest f*cking cancer for women.
I'm so sorry, sweetwater.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #3686
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh hon *hugs* that's horrid. Best thing about days like that is they expire at midnight.

You're going to do just fine Cherry, really you are. The every day support is great and I know it's been a massive help for you, but you won't crash and burn the moment it's not there. Really you won't. That part of you that is taking you down these good roads won't let that happen. Place your trust there. You are strong. Even though you may not feel it. You are.

You've engaged with the fear for a while, now you need to set that to one side. It can't help you. Don't ignore it; recognise it but postpone it. Something to reassess after your first week.

*another hug*

Pilau offered to hug you too, but I told him he's far too smelly.
All worth repeating, SG, even including the smelly hug from the dog!

Shawnee and Sweetee - I'm really sorry to hear your news. Wishing you, too, strength.

Last edited by limey; 04-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #3687
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

It's sad to hear of all this at the same time. Well wishes to all.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #3688
Tiki

My glasses broke this morning.

My son needs at least one baby tooth extracted because they're not coming out on their own.

The ex-I'm-still-in-love-with said he wants to be friends, but then is completely ignoring me, so that it seems like an entirely one-sided effort at friendship, which is an even weirder, more subtle form of rejection and is making me feel terrible and pathetic for even trying.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #3689
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

First off, there must've been something in the air today because my students were all being particularly crazy. Teaching today was a long, arduous task, and when the school day was over I had to take off like a bat of hell to get to the university campus.

I had a portfolio due today as one of my final requirements before graduation. It's a full four inch binder and represents about three years worth of school work, not to mention several hours of lost sleep this past week putting finishing touches on it. I turned it in, and the woman behind the desk said "Yep, looks good!" and pushed it back across the desk to me. I'm grateful I got the sign off, but it's so frustrating to have spent so much time on it and for her not to fully look over it.

As I was leaving campus, I got rear-ended. Greeeat. My very first car accident. Thankfully, I am okay, and the car is not totalled, but the trunk is completely fucked and will probably need replacing. I have stuff I need to grade stuck in there that I can't get to, so it looks like I'm getting the night off.

The guy wants to try and pay cash for the damage, and I'm not sure what to do. He was driving a company truck and is scared he'll lose his job if they find out he had an accident. I think it's going to be a little more than he realizes to get it fixed. I feel bad for him, but I'm thinking it'd be best to let insurance handle it. Suggestions/advice on how to handle it are welcome.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #3690
Tiki

Sounds like a sucky day, I'm sorry.

My ex was rear-ended (by Joaquin Nin-Culmell, of all people) and did the cash thing... it worked out well. He took the car to get an estimate, took the estimate to dude, and dude just wrote a check... no hassles.

Tags
swiss