Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Masquerade Ball

Inspired by richlevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
I think the major difference in us is that as a liberal, I actually try to see your point.
He said a lot more and you should go read or re-read it, 'cause it's good stuff.

So I have been thinking about his remarks, and this thread is the result. I *do* try to see others' points. It helps me understand more. Another thing I do to clarify my thoughts is think out loud. I also try reflective listening, repeating parts of a conversation to verify my comprehension. I'm going to masquerade! I will post from the point of view of others. Maybe sometimes those others will be specific individuals, or screennames, or just "them". I toyed with the idea of a "talk like a _______ day" where I'd take on the role of another in all my posts. That still sounds fun, but not yet.

So here is where I'll practice. You can have fun too, and maybe learn something. Make a post on the wild side. Post a mile in someone else's shoes. Pretend you're something you're not. (I realize that is not a big change for some of you out there, but for those of us who post in earnest, it'll be a shift.) Have fun!