The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #121
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

That sucks , but is good , but might not be , but will TOTALY work out for you !!!! ( I hope )
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #122
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

fuuuuuck.

I **hate** losing a job.

I earnestly hope that this does work out well for you. silver linings, one door opening, all that happy crap. Go Blue Go!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #123
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I'm trying to do some maintenance on Cheri's rear end. Plus, the ex has called me to help her do some minor work on her car. Another stressful day.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #124
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Don't get confused now, Sarge! REmember just whose rear-end you're supposed to be working on
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #125
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

wrong socket! WRONG SOCKET!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:38 AM   #126
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a surprise (unannounced) visit from my electricity suppliers this morning.
And they had to have access to my flat, as well as the front hall.
Absolutely no warning, no time to prepare.

I had a scheduled visit on Wednesday, which I was waiting and prepared for. The job couldn't be completed then for various reasons, none to do with any access I could or couldn't provide.

I mean, surely any normal person wouldn't be home at 10.10 on a Friday morning?
Or if they were, surely a single woman should be given formal notice? Even mentally robust people might feel a little apprehensive at banging on the door downstairs and shouting.

Me, with my various conditions, paranoia and fears, found it a horrendous experience, although I did everything asked (and fell apart afterwards).

It will work out okay though.
Once I receive my payment key, I will be able to make regular payments when I actually have money as opposed to being constantly hit up for money I don't have. Finding out months later that they've rolled the bill over into an impossible amount.
So it will be okay. I just need to calm down a bit first. And switch off everything electrical in my flat for a few months. Thank goodness it's Summer.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #127
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
wrong socket! WRONG SOCKET!!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #128
glatt

Hey Sundae,

I hope it all works out OK.

My brother, when he was a bachelor, used to keep his refrigerator unplugged to save power. He only ate unrefrigerated foods and didn't leave leftovers.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:35 AM   #129
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have a little under-the-counter fridge, with no icebox.
I did have it switched off for quite a long time. I'd rather have it on for a while, until I work out how much I'm spending on electricity. I try not to use the knackered old cooker, so I'd end up spending more money on food if I could only buy single portions of cold food.

But it's well worth consideration, thank you.
One thing; it's finally broken me of my habit of having to have chilled drinks. They are a real luxury now. I'd have told you point-blank just a year back that I could not drink water straight from the tap. But in the end you have nothing more to give up and if you want to stay hydrated you drink it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 PM   #130
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Irking and perplexing me ATM:

In April I enrolled in a voc rehab program on account of my various maladies both physical and mental. The upshot is they retrain people for new careers and help place them. In theory.

I got a letter in the mail from them today, 5/24/2015, envelope postmarked 3/20/2015, letter dated 5/19/2015 telling me I have a 'cannot miss' appt on 5/19/2015.

And fuck it all if my TARDIS isn't broken right now.

My hope for this program has begun its death rattle.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #131
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sounds like the PA voc rehab program.

My disabled son got involved in that a few years back - accompanied him to an appointment, where a blind employee was attempting to use a regular computer screen. It went about as you might surmise. My son, despite assurance that he had been enrolled in a program, received a letter stating that, since he had declined participation, there was nothing they could do. He (and I) contacted the office to straighten things out and had another appointment with the blind computermeister. Same result. And this is the only office in town, the blind employee the only person in the job ...

Everyone is so afraid of the ADAAA and the EEOC that they do crazy things, like hire people who clearly cannot perform the essential functions of the job. Easier than having the EEOC all up in your books.

Oh yes, it also keeps voc rehab costs WAY down.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #132
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

I may have to move to Vermont.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:23 AM   #133
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Frying pan, meet fire.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #134
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Sadly my experience in PA has been much the same till we met *Gail. Dan is getting help at work and now a full blown Psych evaluation through them to determine what other skills/abilities he has in order to advance his "career."

We were supposed to have the evaluation done through the rehab & his medicare, but since virtually no one accepts his wonderful insurance, we haven't been able to do it. The evaluation costs over $1500 and I just didn't have it. So, 2 years later, here we are.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #135
glatt

After work tonight, I'm going over to my 76 y.o. cousin's house while he's at a family reunion, let myself in with a set of keys he gave me, and look for a spare car key. If I find one, I'm going to open his car, pop the hood, and disconnect the battery. Then I'll lock everything back up again and not speak of it.

It's going to cause him some anxiety, but he knows he shouldn't drive, and I may be saving his life or that of another person. Two accidents in the last 6 months, and his official driving record is horrible. I'm surprised he could get insurance.

Lots of meetings regarding him, and I'm hoping assisted living is in his very near future. I may end up with a durable power of attorney in all this. His dementia is getting bad.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote