The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #46
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

When i was in Cali in the early 80's i drove DUI almost constantly , I still can't beleve i didn't get busted , i got stoped LOTS but there was always some reason i got away with it , oh and the Carl's jr roast beef sandwich with jalapenyo patty may have had Something to do with it , take that NASTY hamburger sized jalenpnyo patty off , eat the roast beef sando' , when the cops pull you over gobble that bad boy down and SCORCH their hair off with your breath !!!!!
Now when i got home i got BUSTED bigger that shit , the breathalizer came up saying " One at a time , Please !!!!"
Old 04-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #47
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

I've had 2 DUIs only one I can give a reasonably valid reason for 1 (ie my mother had just died and well... I got shitty.. although I know I shouldn't have driven) for the most part though I think it's a bad idea. haven't had more than 3 beers and driven in the past 3 years. so that's my 2 cents
Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 AM   #48
LCanal
I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

One of the great things about living in Bangkok is that the police are given their instructions for the day which they follow to the letter.

Ie. Look for people not wearing seat belts.

So one could be DUI or have a car full of driugs and if you've got a seat belt on. It's thank you have a nice day. Oh sorry sir your road tax has expired. Please be sure you renew it as soon as possible.

Other than that, one DUI or DWI. So long ago its in the past. Did it change my life. Yes, I joined the merchant marine. Hello handsome man you like buy me drink?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 AM   #49
mrnoodle
bent

Got one, deserved more. Trying not to repeat the experience -- CO has some pretty heinous DUI laws.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #50
staceyv
Lecturer

I got stopped once with a glass full of rum, cofee and sugar in my cupholder. I only drank 1/4 of it, so I wasn't buzzed, but the cop was looking at the glass funny, and I must have had some smell on me. Then he found out where I work and started chatting with me about how there's a police function there next week, have a good night, etc.

I've driven very drunk before, but not since I've been married. Now Arsen does the drinking and driving. He has a pretty strong tolerance. One night, we got absolutely shit-faced at his russian friends' place. We were driving home and got pulled over. The cop says "have you been drinking tonight" And Arsen says "Not really". Oh my god, NOT REALLY? There's a commercail on tv showing people getting arrested for DUI. In the commercial, the cop asks the guy the same thing, and the guy on tv says "not really". I was like WTF Arsen?! But for some reason, he let us go.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote