The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #46
MalzB
Fresh Incumbent

I would like to earn a doctorate in music...play on broadway in orchestras...possibly on stage as well, and record a vocal album...then teach music at a university. I also want to go to Australia, go scuba diving, and swim with a whale shark.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 AM   #47
Kingswood
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Find the big love of my life (and be hers too), founding a family.
Write a book, I have a great idea (well sounds good to me), but I'm no man of many words.
I, too, share these simple dreams:

Meet a nice woman, marry, start a family.

Based on some rather interesting captions I wrote for some rather bland photos, I have been told that I could write amusing children's books. I would also write science fiction.

Other things I would like to do:

Live in the country.

Learn to fly a plane.

Become fluent in Latin.

Own and drive a vehicle without a petrol engine. Petrol engines are the chains that shackle us to the oil companies. Diesel (running on biodiesel), electric or steam - any of them will do.

Invent something useful.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 AM   #48
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Write a book (nothing heavy, just funnies and introspection)

Travel in the US

Travel outside the US (Great Britain, Holland, Switzerland, Kenya, New Zealand, Australia...etc)

Learn more about plants and have a greenhouse

Build a log home in the woods, with a river and lots of land--then:

Get an Irish Wolfhound, and a pet cow

Edit: Win a bit of money, not tons, just enough to quit my job, go to Hocking College, and become a park ranger.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 07-20-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: forgot one
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #49
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

I want to get my PhD in literature or rhetoric and write my thesis on performance of gender as class in mid-century Egyptian film and literature. The really big ambition is that I would like to get a grant to go to Egypt for research.

I want to be respected as a dancer by my local dance community, and as a writer about dancing by dancers everywhere.

I would like to eventually teach on the grad-school level, and have a small house with a child, a dog and a vegetable garden (I already have a husband).

I also think a lot about eventually being able to sell the clothes and costume accessories I make. I have a long way to go technique-wise (recently got my first real sewing machine), but I think I have great design ideas.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #50
Squid_Operator
[Radio Operator]

my dream is to do what I want a never work. Life is suppose to be easy, easy is right.

That and a few pieces of shiny red leather furniture...
Squid_Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #51
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Short term: Dump the job as homeowners association president. I wouldn't mind getting on one of the local boards in our city.

I dream of having my children finically independent of me and have them completely launched into society as productive happy people with a clear future ahead for each of them. We are close. The last is entering her sophmore year in HS, one his senior year, and the oldest is entering her Jr year in a major university. All of them are very good students.

I dream of owning 50 to 200 acres of property with trees, water, and building a solar home with minimal use of on the grid electricity.

I have most of the material goods anyone could want at this point so there are not many things on the list, other than trading up for quality.
I have an very good income. We have done much and achieved much so far. I have reached a number of life goals that most could only hope for and will in most cases never achieve, and for that I feel very very fortunate. I started with little and made many correct choices along my short life that got me here. Along with some determination, personal sacrifice, and hard work any of you should be able to achieve most anything in life. Don't give up and don't quit.