The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Same here Dani - not re the school (as they have a VERY effective reward system for walk/ cycle/ scoot/ car-share, which must be a nightmare for working parents) but the closer you get to London the more "Chelsea Tractors" you see. Sat in traffic jams, within the Congestion Charge area, carrier/ gym bags on the back seat and SPOTLESSLY clean inside and out. I could be wrong, the fit young lady driving could just have come back from Scotland and stopped off at the garage for a spot of OCD car cleaning. Or from driving along Blackpool Beach, or whale spotting in Wales. But the good chance is she (alone in her 4x4) has just been shopping and perhaps on a running machine.

It's not up to me to tell people how to spend their money, but it seems a shame when having it affects everyone else (ie those with money can ignore the spirit of the Congestion Charge because they can afford to, and are often found in bus lanes because they just HAD to "pop in and pick something up!")

I confess I would have two cars if I won the lottery. My town car (probably a Beetle or a Nissan Micra) for 90% of the time and my big fuck-off Jeep for bad weather and pulling people out of ditches. Each for its own time and meticulously cared for in between.

Oh and a driver...
Am I straying too far from the point now...?