The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 11-16-2003, 03:44 PM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The dudes on Mythbusters * still tested positive (faintly) 24 hours after initial ingestion.

Sorry.

A woman did win an extremely lucrative lawsuit against a company that refused to hire her following a hot urine result, so you may be able to make out well if you can prove it was JUST the poppy seeds.

* This is a link to the show's main page. They seem to have a few goodies upcoming — I'm particularly looking forward to "Exploding Toilet" but I didn't immediately find a link to this past Friday's show.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #47
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Snopes says up to 48 hours.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 11-18-2003, 11:34 PM   #48
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

new job

1st day today? how'd it go?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #49
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

this thing still runnin? last update was november 03.......
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #50
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I haven't left it on much lately. Too fucking busy, and then I like to sit in my underwear at my desk. You don't *want* to see that. The cam is still up, though. I bought a great cheap little c-clamp with a 1/4" camera thread screw and a tilt adjustment, and mounted it up there. Easy breezy. Now I can take it off to use the cam elsewhere, and put it back when I'm done.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #51
Nerollss
Alphabetarian

Lightbulb stop!!!

If you intend to use this pic to capture the attention of your internet affair, you might consider thinking twice. If you happen to be in love with someone you met on the Internet, it's cheating my dear friend.

A committed relationship is all about intimate emotional involvement with another. If you are feeling passion toward someone besides your partner — if you can’t wait to get to your computer to e-mail with another man — you are taking time and energy away from your current relationship.

And, chances are, it’s all a fantasy!

With someone you haven’t met, you imagine all kinds of wonderful traits and no horrible ones. You think you know him well from your frequent notes, but it’s easy for anyone to sound terrific in an e-mail. People can edit their words to make themselves convey any kind of impression they want.

You haven’t been with him when he’s grouchy. You have no idea how he deals with bad moods, or whether he has highly annoying habits. Maybe he talks non-stop, or maybe he grunts more than he speaks. Maybe he chews tobacco or never goes to the dentist or watches sports day and night.

Your feelings are toward somebody who probably doesn’t exist in the fantasy form you have conjured up. (And if you do make the mistake of arranging to meet after your hot-and-heavy correspondence, you are 99 percent guaranteed to be tremendously disappointed.)

Even worse, such a fake relationship is highly likely to erode your current one. Inevitably, you will compare this fantasy man with the man you have, who can’t help but fall short. A real man — with all his faults, lovable or not — can never measure up to a fantasy.

Instead of focusing on your text-based fantasy man, you should look inside yourself and examine why it is you are going outside your committed relationship for passion and excitement. Quite often, such a flirtation is a sign that you are in some way dissatisfied or bored with your partner.

It is a much better use of your time to work on your current relationship than to pursue one that is both unlikely to produce any kind of satisfaction as well as to undermine the bond with your partner. All three of you might end up getting hurt.

I suggest you bid your pen-pal a polite farewell and then block his e-mail address. ..and get a descent hair cut!
Attached Images

Nerollss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #52
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What the fuck was that all about???
Old 03-14-2004, 06:02 PM   #53
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm guessing this person picked the wrong thread somehow...
Old 03-14-2004, 11:03 PM   #54
wolf
lobber of scimitars

nerollss, you want to post that response in one of the threads started by staceyv.