The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #10996
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Good for the buyer, good for the seller. I love those situations. Here's hoping it goes through.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #10997
monster
I hear them call the tide

who inherits when your cousin dies?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:41 AM   #10998
glatt

That's something that I'm a little annoyed about and try not to think about because it's a decision he made when he was lucid and before I became a much bigger part of his life. He is leaving about 95% of his estate to his childhood church (which is very different today than his nostalgic childhood memory of it) and to his alma mater. And he's leaving small amounts of money to various cousins, including me. He never had siblings, and never got married or had kids. He's been alone his entire life and never formed close bonds with anyone. So he's giving his money to strangers instead of the guy who is helping him these days.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #10999
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You're not doing what you're doing for money. You're doing it because the man needed some help, and you were able to help him.

And because you're one of the good guys.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  79.3 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #11000
glatt

Thank you. It's true.

But damnit, if the guy has money, why can't he spread the wealth a little closer to home?

It's been fun going through his stuff now that he's in a nursing home and categorizing it into sell-able valuable stuff and junk. I mean, it's a huge chore, but I keep coming across old stuff, like this kind of ice cube tray we had when I was a kid. I brought the tray home to try out with the kids. I hadn't used one in 40 years. It sucked as much as I remember them sucking. But the kids had fun with it.

Name:  $_59.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  151.2 KB
Old 10-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #11001
Clodfobble

Oh man, and your finger skin would stick to the metal... Yay plastic.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #11002
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Suck is harder sufficient to describe those fuckers.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #11003
monster

yebbut the church probably won't be ungrateful for your decision to sell (at that price)
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #11004
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
yebbut the church probably won't be ungrateful for your decision to sell (at that price)
True. They won't even have any idea by the time they get around to receiving a big fat check.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #11005
monster

exactly. close relatives can have a horrible knack of suddenly deciding they "care" too late, specially if they feel they're losing out financially. because people...

Good call, well rid, I say.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #11006
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh man, and your finger skin would stick to the metal... Yay plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Suck is harder sufficient to describe those fuckers.
And you may not remember this, but the water sloshes around like crazy in the larger tub with the curved corners so you have to walk super slow and be really careful putting it in the freezer.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #11007
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sure do, got yelled at many times. Plus since the freezer was up high, you have to lift it perfectly level or it will slop over the end. Then the natural reaction is to snap it level quickly, but even if you stop at level the momentum makes it slop over the other end. Like working under the car and bumping your head on the frame, so you snap your head back... right into the ground.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #11008
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I remember bending the lever on one of grandmadigr's ice trays trying to dislodge those damn ice cubes. And when they finally come loose, half of the cubes stay in the framework thingy with the lever.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #11009
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Playing in Rocky Horror is a complete joy. Dress rehearsals every night this week.

The songs are all really good - in a lot of musicals the songs just push the plot along and sometimes they can be quite lame. Some of these are better than I remembered. They are all stuck in my head now, since I've been listening to nothing else for the last 3 weeks, learning the material.

They are running the band through the theater's sound system, and it has enough bass to make my contribution very important. The audience will feel my notes. There's a speaker under the seats. The music will work better with me prominent. That's only half bragging - it's the nature of bass.

The cast is very talented and most of them spend the entire show in their skivvies. Now that I'm in my 50s and they are mostly in their 20s, I don't think of them sexually (honest!) so much as just, wow, these are attractive lads and ladies, and I don't mind looking at... the ladies. I'm a straight guy, so watching our Frank-n-Furter, or our Rocky in his gold lamé speedo, I just naturally don't stare.

J and her daughter and friends are seeing it Friday night, 9 people!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #11010
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
The songs are all really good - in a lot of musicals the songs just push the plot along and sometimes they can be quite lame. Some of these are better than I remembered. They are all stuck in my head now, since I've been listening to nothing else for the last 3 weeks, learning the material.
Are the songs not the same songs as in the movie?