The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #181
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm sorry about your loss, skysidhe. I'm sure you gave him an excellent life.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:53 AM   #182
York
Operations Operative

My condoleances Skysidhe! I try not to think that my big red one could die some day... I ll dont know what to do! I guess grieve is thesame everywhere!
U had a dozen of great years ..... u can always remember nice times! Best wishes and a better 2007!
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:15 AM   #183
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Thank you everyone for the condolences! I keep sending out my love to him just in case there is someplace after death he is frolicking in.

The one thing that keeps me believing in heaven is that I will see my pets one day even if it is just some fabrication of a dying brain.

He was so scared and in pain. It is a very haunting memory. I felt so powerless.I could offer no comfort. When I would talk to him he would talk back in little whimpers. I don't know what he was trusting me for when all I could do was to end it for him. I have alot of guilt over that.

now that has got me grieving again I miss him so.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #184
York
Operations Operative

Its sad.....there are people who live a life like that and decide to end it...
A pet cant talk so we take the most important decisions for them.
Im sure that living in pain also is too much for an animal and that the owner takes the right decision. I think you did that, so you dont have to feel guilty bout that... We all feel powerless in such a time... But death is a part of life, you keep sending out your love and memories and he will always live!
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #185
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
I don't know what he was trusting me for when all I could do was to end it for him. I have alot of guilt over that.
He was trusting you to give him what he wanted....what he needed. To stop the pain....end his suffering....give him peace.

You're feeling guilty because you couldn't do what you wanted....keep him alive.... and instead did what he wanted.... give him peace?
Hell, don't feel guilty about doing the right thing....about doing the best for him, as always.

Be glad you were there when he needed you. You done good.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #186
BobT
we are fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Hell, don't feel guilty about doing the right thing....about doing the best for him, as always.
I agree
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #187
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Bruce always knows two things--#1) what is right

#2) to say what is right.

My condolences, sky. May your kitty be purring in heaven.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #188
skysidhe

Guys, Your props to me are heart felt and so I actually feel lighter of heart! Your sincere support is greatly appreciated. I really needed to hear the voice of reason so thanks!

Big bear hug for all of you.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #189
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*hugs Sky back*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 AM   #190
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

My condolences Skysidhe. I know how hard it is to have to put an animal down, but as Bruce said you were doing what was right and what your kitty needed. As long as you remember him he will live on. *sends warm wishes*
Old 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #191
rkzenrage

Anyone read the "Rainbow Bridge". Beautiful thought for those who are not atheists.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #192
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Anyone read the "Rainbow Bridge". Beautiful thought for those who are not atheists.

Some one at work mentioned Rainbow Bridge. I did go there. It is nice. I chose to do an in house memorial.

I've been looking for cats here. Not a one to be found in the paper. I was thinking something exotic but I might have to settle for a mutt kitty.....

The only cat's I have appreciated so far are Jinx's cat's and this white tiger.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #193
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Your "in house memorial" reminds me that I have a memorial coming soon...

I lost my favorite horse in 2000. I'd had him for 18 years and he lived to be 29. There is a company that makes plastic horses and I have paid a person to paint one of these models to match Cochise. She boxed it up last week and has sent it on it's way...I'll post pics when it arrives (next week?) to show.
I also lost two horses in 2004 within months of each other. A friend took some of their tail hair and had a memorial made for me. From the black tail, a vase-like container was made and from the gray tail the person is having a lid for the container made.
hh
Old 01-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #194
rkzenrage

I don't know what to do.
My pain level is much worse and Bhodi has been reacting to it poorly.
He is going in the house, chewing my son's toys and getting into garbage. It is like he is a puppy again.
Problem is that I could slip on urine and fall very easily. In a lot of ways the walker is more dangerous than a cane and I have to use it now. If I break my hip, I will not walk again and it could kill me.
I do NOT want to have to get rid of him, but do not know what to do. I love him very much. His affection helps me deal with my condition a great deal. I spend a lot of time alone.

Lula
Old 01-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #195
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
Your "in house memorial" reminds me that I have a memorial coming soon...

I lost my favorite horse in 2000. I'd had him for 18 years and he lived to be 29. There is a company that makes plastic horses and I have paid a person to paint one of these models to match Cochise. She boxed it up last week and has sent it on it's way...I'll post pics when it arrives (next week?) to show.
I also lost two horses in 2004 within months of each other. A friend took some of their tail hair and had a memorial made for me. From the black tail, a vase-like container was made and from the gray tail the person is having a lid for the container made.
hh

That is a simply beautiful thought.Thanks for sharing. I had horses as a child and teen. I'll be waiting to see the pictures!

[quote=rkzenrage;305089]I don't know what to do.
My pain level is much worse and Bhodi has been reacting to it poorly.
He is going in the house, chewing my son's toys and getting into garbage. It is like he is a puppy again.
Problem is that I could slip on urine and fall very easily. In a lot of ways the walker is more dangerous than a cane and I have to use it now. If I break my hip, I will not walk again and it could kill me.
I do NOT want to have to get rid of him, but do not know what to do. I love him very much. His affection helps me deal with my condition a great deal. I spend a lot of time alone.

Can he be trained? There are those places that train dogs to do tasks.Companion dog training? What is your option.