FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #211
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

know - alls.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #212
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

ass - hats.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #213
rkzenrage

A discussion from another thread made me think... not so much telemarketers, but that it is not illegal, one.
Second, people that bitch about having to talk to them. What I cannot figure out is why they don't just hang up!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I used to work on the phone... you people have NO IDEA.

Why don't people just hang-up on telemarketers? If you don't like them, don't like talking to them, just hang-up... it hurts my damn head!
My Dad: "Who was that?"
Me" "Telemarketer"
"You didn't say anything, you just hung-up"
"Yeah? I don't like talking to telemarketers, don't think it should be legal. Got nothing to say."
"But, but... you just hung-up"
"...aaannnnd?"
"I could never do that"

Then I have a tiny aneurysm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
You know who is REALLY at fault and who pisses me off A LOT... anyone who buys from telemarketers.
They are BAD PEOPLE!!!!!!
I may have to rethink my position on the existence of evil and bad people now.
I am serious about telemarketing being illegal, also, I am on every no-call list out there.
Worked for a while, about two months ago I started getting them again... something I should know?

Another thing, I don't talk to machines, no I will not "hold for your important message".
I really pissed-off a medical business with that recently.
"We have been trying to get in touch with you for six months".
I told them I have not heard from them at all. She said that I have been hanging up on them, so I told her that I hang-up on any calls that come-up with all zeros, private on my caller ID (they don't get to leave messages if they are too sleazy and hide) and I hang-up on machines. If you want to talk to me, you will call me.
For some reason she took it personally... makes no sense to me. I was very polite the whole time & did not use the word sleazy, just meant it.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #214
Cloud

I feel the same way. Treat them like obscene phone callers, and hang up. Or if you want to be polite, say, "Sorry, I'm not interested" over whatever spiel they're spieling, and hang up, without giving them a chance to interject.

I think people are slaves to their phones. Why do you HAVE to answer? I rarely answer my phone, unless I know it's one of my children.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #215
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
anyone who buys from telemarketers.
They are BAD PEOPLE!!!!!!
No they're not. The people who employ them may be....but the ones making the calls are just people trying to earn a wage and feed their families. Telemarketing requires no qualifications, no experience etc....it's a job you can get if you can't get any other job. I know, because I have done that job. I never just hang up, but I don't buy either. I say to them straight away (sometimes interrupting their spiel) "I am not interested, don't waste your time on me, call someone who might give you a sale".

What annoys me? People who call telemarketers evil. They're just people earning a wage.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #216
jinx
Come on, cat.

I worked as a telemarketer, selling foreign lottery tickets. I didn't stay long because it definitely was evil work.
I don't answer my home phone unless I know who it is and I feel like talking to them... which is almost never.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #217
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
A few people are having a conversation and drawing historical analogies, but they've got their dates all fucked up, and I can't keep myself from correcting them. I am a huge douche-bag.
But you are are correct douche bag and that makes all the difference. Call them on it...every time.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #218
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Lord and Lady Douchebag

Saturday Night Live

Butler: Lord and Lady Doucebag!

Lord Salisbury: Well, well, well.. I was just asking Lord Sandwich, "Where the devil are those Douchebags?"

Lady Doucebag: Well, it has been impossible to get him out of his workshop! He has been working day and night.

Lord Salisbury: You, Douchebag? Well, I wasn't aware you dabbled in that sort of thing. What in heaven's name are you working on?

Lord Doucebag: Well, I would be happy to tell you.. but perhaps after you have finished eating.

Lord Salisbury: Well, here is Chambers right now. Would you like something to eat?

Lord Doucebag: We're not too hungry right now - just a plate of raw vegetables.

Lord Salisbury: Would you like some dresing with that?

Lady Doucebag: Just some vinegar and water, thank you.

Earl of Sandwich: Douchebag, how are you? I haven't seen you in the House of Lords in ages! Don't tell me for the first time in memory we are going to have a House of Parliament without a Douchebag?

Lord Doucebag: My dear Sandwich, Parliament has always had its share of Douchebags, and it always will.

Lord Salisbury: Spoken like a true Douchebag. I have often heard the King speak of your family.. [ to Earl of Sandwich ] ..and of yours, as well: "Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag, and there is nothing I cannot do."

Earl of Sandwich: Hear, hear!

Lord Salisbury: So, tell me, Douchebag.. when are you going to show us that invention of yours?

Earl of Sandwich: Yes, Douchebag, just what kind of an invention are you sitting on?

Lord Doucebag: Well, it's a long story. Why don't we go out to the garden, and I'll explain it to you.

Earl of Sandwich: Tell me - did Lady Douchebag help you in the project?

Lord Doucebag: Help? Why.. she was the inspiration!

[ they exit to the garden to discuss the wondrous invention ]

Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #219
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

HR departments and management that take 6 months to figure out who they want to hire. I'd settle for a "signs point to yes" or a "not fucking likely, jack-ass."
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #220
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

When people say, "Damn, you're a big guy. No offense."

I mean, I am a big guy, so unless you're calling me fat I'm not going to be offended. But when you add that "no offense" part, it seems to me that you were thinking something offensive when you said it.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #221
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

when people say obvious but pronounce it oDvious
Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 AM   #222
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I don't know anyone who says odvious although it made me laugh when i saw it. I'm sure there are some people that say it. lol
Old 02-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #223
glatt

When you go to the grocery store and plain white tortillas are on your list. The wall of tortillas has every conceivable kind of tortilla: tomato basil, garlic, spinach and onion, pomegranate, etc. etc. but no plain white. When will those damn trendy wraps fall out of fashion?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #224
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quotation marks used where underlining or italics was intended.
Attached Images

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #225
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The laundromat that April and I go to lets you dry for free. I'm not sure how the timers work on them, but the dryers seem to cut out if they get to a certain temperature, rather than having a countdown timer. Sometimes they'll go for over an hour...other times, a couple of minutes. Fucking irritating as all hell.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote