The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 03-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #121
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I do not presume, however, to restrict your, or anyone else's public expression of your religion. I am not in any way harmed by the posting of the Ten Commandments on the courthouse wall, nor am I offended by a nativity in the public square. One person wears a cross, another a pentacle, yet another a crescent. So what?
I agree in principle. Now, go down to the courthouse and try to erect a big pentacle with the Charge of the Goddess or the Rede on it. Let me know how that works out for you.

The question isn't freedom of religion, or even freedom *from* religion. The question is equal access to all religions or absences thereof.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #122
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Yes. I'm sorry - I meant to say: religion equals +-(:-) and and and and and and and , except that my finger slipped.
Did anyone get that this: +-(:-) was supposed to be a pope? I couldn't find a pope smiley. This is the closest that I could find: :

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #123
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Y'all need to pardon me. I ignore almost 100% of religious combat threads. I checked out this one because of UT's Hall of Fame nomination. I haven't read 90% of the posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I do not presume, however, to restrict your, or anyone else's public expression of your religion. I am not in any way harmed by the posting of the Ten Commandments on the courthouse wall, nor am I offended by a nativity in the public square.
Fair enough... does it bother you when such displays are funded with [your] tax dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
There's a cloyingly sweet little tale that's almost universal... in response to a child asking, if there's Mother's Day and Father's Day, why isn't there a Children's Day? And the parent replies, Every day is Children's Day.
Well, UT, you should have been in the car when my daughter asked this one. I guess I'm not a good parent, because I didn't say "every day." Instead, I asked her what kind of holiday Children's Day was. She explained to me how all children over the age of 7 would be pampered and showered with every imaginable gift and reward. She also spent a considerable amount of time detailing the torments and suffering that Children's Day would bring to those persons under the age of 4. (They are, presumably, not considered actual "children." I'm sure I don't need to tell you how old the kids were at the time. I'm afraid she still hasn't forgiven the boy for being born and, Copernicus-like, removing her from the center of the universe.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #124
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
I agree in principle. Now, go down to the courthouse and try to erect a big pentacle with the Charge of the Goddess or the Rede on it. Let me know how that works out for you.

The question isn't freedom of religion, or even freedom *from* religion. The question is equal access to all religions or absences thereof.
I would prefer an alter of Kali & willing sacrifice as is my right under the first amendment as religious conservatives interpret it.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #125
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I denounce this goddam thread and the hayseus it rode in on. Just jokin', folks ... roll widdit.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #126
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

When are you planning on making your video rkzenrage?
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #127
rkzenrage

As soon as I am well enough to set up my office and equipment. This has not been a good month.
Just got done with another set of tests for a new Dr.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #128
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

A defense of the Blasphemy Challenge.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #129
rkzenrage

BTW, Google/YT banned their acct and removed all their videos from the channel.
They were smart and the BC is on a separate channel and still on YouTube. I really need to make mine. I have a pride problem and need to get over it.
An issue with people who do not know me seeing me for the first time when I am in a lot of pain and this has been a rough month.
Perhaps tonight or tomorrow. I need my wife or someone to help me set-up. I cannot get to everything alone.
Being like this sucks... especially when reminded that some think that I don't even deserve to live. Been a while since I have heard that one. It never gets old.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 03-26-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #130
KGZotU
Vivacious Vivisectionist

rkzenrage,

Though we have differing inclinations, we have come into this world to work together. It's unfortunate that others have forgotten righteousness in dealing with you. I wish you well.

--Joe
Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #131
rkzenrage

Thanks. I have overreacted to a common political statement that I tend to take personally. I'm getting over it.
I do appreciate your sentiment Joe, it was well timed, meant and needed.
I'm not usually this sensitive... this has been a long week.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #132
rkzenrage

This was weird for me, in quite a bit of pain and my first upload.
It is a little known fact that most actors are actually quite shy and I have a real issue with being seen while in pain. I have been promising myself that I would do this for some time.
I know I said Ra twice, screw it... one take.

I also posted some introduction videos.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #133
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Good job.

It had a lot of emotion to it.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #134
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Did anyone get that this: +-(:-) was supposed to be a pope? I couldn't find a pope smiley. This is the closest that I could find: :
They look about the same to me. One uses black magic, the other uses white magic.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #135
Toymented
Without Explanation

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I know I said Ra twice, screw it... one take.
Bravo
Toymented is offline   Reply With Quote