The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 11-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #706
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

From here.
Quote:
Asia's rapid economic growth and the heavy stresses associated with it are taking their toll on people¡¯s sex-lives, a worldwide survey suggests. According to the annual global sex survey by the U.K. condom manufacturer Durex, people the world over have sex on average around twice a week or 103 times a year.

At the bottom of the list was Japan, a nation with a word for ¡°death from overwork,¡± with 45 times per year, short of even half the global average. Singaporeans ranked second with 73 times. Nine Asian countries were among the bottom 10: India with 75 times, Indonesia with 77, Hong Kong with 78, Malaysia with 83, Vietnam with 87, Taiwan with 83, and China with 96. Sexually liberated Sweden was the only non-Asian country with 92 times a year. Korea was not included in the survey covering 41 countries and 317,000 people.

On the other hand, the Greeks were estimated to have the most vigorous sex-lives with 138 times of a year, followed by Croatians with 134 times. Serbians and Mongolians came in joint third place with 128 times, followed by France (120), Britain (118), the Netherlands and Poland (115), the U.S. (113) and Australia (108).
I'm just saying, that's all.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #707
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Hell, I feel better now.

Maybe I ain't gettin old.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #708
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

when my g/f comes home this weekend, we're gonna shatter those statistics!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #709
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Well, I just joined, and so of course read the sex thread. Good to see that so many of you have had such good times. I must say that since I came of age in the sexually repressive '50s (I am now almost 70) it took a while for me to lost my inhibitions.

Things are a lot more sex-friendly now, and I like it.

I just watched the episode in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (rerun of course) where she and Reilly have sex in the house haunted by the kids abused by sexually repressive nuns. A bit different from the TV in the '50s, where married couples had to sleep in twin beds.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #710
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Hi, joelnwil (um--are you two people? Like, "Joel" and "Will" or, "Joel" and "Wilhemina" or whatnot?) Or, don't answer and keep us all guessing.

Glad you like the sex thread. We have lots of fun threads here!

I'm glad you are here--we need some people in their 70's to offer their prespectives.

And, PS--to all of you other Dwellars: I am NOT flirting! OK?
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #711
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

But I don't feel Japanese...
Old 11-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #712
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
But I don't feel Japanese...
I am not turning Japanese yet...if, indeed, that was aimed at moi.
I am behaving .
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #713
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I am not turning Japanese yet...if, indeed, that was aimed at moi.
I am behaving .
Aimed, yes; at you, no.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #714
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

It's Joel N. Williams.

The N is for Nance, as in John Nance Gardner - that "whiskey drinking, poker playing, evil old man." (F D R)
Old 11-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #715
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Pleased to meet you, joel.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:07 AM   #716
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance
Another gem from the Sunday Times - sounds like a leftover from the Balkan war:

'A doctor is experimenting with a radical new contraceptive treatment - electric shocks to the testicles. Dr Sava Bojovic, a fertility expert in Novi Banovci, Serbia, says the small shock makes men temporarily infertile. "We attach electrodes to either side of the testicles and send low currents flowing through them," he explains. "This stuns the sperm, effectively putting them to sleep for up to 10 days." He hopes to have a small, battery-powered testicle shocker ready by Christmas.

Oh, yeah? After you, buddy!
Ya know, when us Germans did that, ya'll claimed we were the "Axis Of Evil".
Of course, we were using 220 volts, but none the less...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:30 AM   #717
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Sounds like a great Christmas gift.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #718
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

When I was in college I worked as a lifeguard at a city pool in Houston Texas for several summers. One summer, when I was about 20, I met a young guy about 17, whose name I have long forgotten.

We used to eat lunch together sometimes, as the pool was closed for lunch. He confided in me that he was worried that he was masturbating too much. So he asked his doctor how many times he could masturbate before he "ran out".

The doctor, bless his heart, gave my friend an actual number! I don't remember what the number was, but it was big enough to where my friend did not think he had to worry.

I, on the other hand, went home and did the math. I figured that at the rate I was going, if the doctor's number was correct, I was good until about 35.

That worried me for about 3 days...
Old 11-21-2005, 04:33 AM   #719
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
On the other hand, the Greeks were estimated to have the most vigorous sex-lives with 138 times of a year, followed by Croatians with 134 times. Serbians and Mongolians came in joint third place with 128 times, followed by France (120), Britain (118), the Netherlands and Poland (115), the U.S. (113) and Australia (108).
Now I feel like I'm letting the country down
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #720
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Anybody here try the Iron Crotch trick?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Martial arts grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng attached himself to the truck and pulled it several yards across a car park in Fremont.

The Tri-Valley Herald reports that he first tied a strip of blue fabric around his penis and testicles and tugged to make sure it was on tight.

An assistant then kicked him hard between the legs before he lashed himself to the vehicle.

About 20 people, most of whom study Qigong, the ancient Chinese art of movement and breathing to increase energy, gathered for the truck pull.

Jin-Sheng, originally from Taiwan, is the grandmaster of Iron Crotch, a branch of Qigong said to have 60,000 followers worldwide.

Its practitioners are known to lift hundreds of pounds with their genitals to increase energy and sexual performance.