Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Creative Expression
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Old 03-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #796
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Walnuts?!?! Ya ruined it!

I'm just picking at ya.

It took me a while to get used to grapes in m'chicken salad, and I love grapes. Not big on nuts. Not in brownies, not in cakes/pies, not in my chicken salad, not on my chin or forehead, either.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:55 PM   #797
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
ratcheting straps are great for tightening things slowly and incrementally, but loosening them, they let go all at once. How did he get it down?
I don't know, somehow he was clicking them a tiny bit looser one at a time. He wasn't using the ratcheting handle to do it, it was more like he was hitting a release button but keeping the ratchet handle down while he did it?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #798
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Walnuts?!?! Ya ruined it!

I'm just picking at ya.

It took me a while to get used to grapes in m'chicken salad, and I love grapes. Not big on nuts. Not in brownies, not in cakes/pies, not in my chicken salad, not on my chin or forehead, either.
I don't usually put nuts in my chicken salad, but I noticed a bag of walnuts in the freezer (from last summer when I picked them off the ground at a pet sitting job) and thought I'd toss some in. It was the perfect addition. I love all types of nuts.

Even you.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #799
Glinda

Dinner was pan-fried kielbasa and beer-soaked sauerkraut, fried potatoes and onions, and buttered rye bread. Super tasty and incredibly healthy. (Heh.)

Just (almost) like gramma used to make.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:54 AM   #800
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Crushed nuts, I should have known.

I'd have laid that saw over on a pad or Styrofoam, pulled the pallet and shit out from under it, then stood it up. Would be less exciting though.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #801
Clodfobble

Yabbut it started on a tabletop 4 feet off the ground. You've got a 4-foot-tall stack of pallets and Styrofoam to lay it over onto?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #802
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

In the picture the pallet is on the floor. Why didn't he lift it off the truck and set it on the floor thus avoiding the step shown in the picture which I was responding to.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #803
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Guess :

It was a shorter trip from the tailgate to the tabletop, compared to the trip from the tailgate to the floor. Easier to execute a controlled landing. That got the truck out of the way, and left an opening for the "friend" to escape.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:01 AM   #804
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Table top? Where did that come from?

Oh, I've got it! It was sitting in the foam pocket on the pallet but then there was a wood and cardboard crate/box over it.
So straps through the pallet to get it off the truck then take the box off and lift it out of the base.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 03-13-2019 at 04:09 AM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #805
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
... beer-soaked sauerkraut...
Does that still taste like sauer kraut?

Grandmadigr used to say "...cold as kraut...". I think of that whenever I hear the word.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #806
Glinda

Quote:
Does that still taste like sauer kraut?
Sure - beer gives the sauerkraut a fuller, more complex flavor. I also add caraway seeds to my sauerkraut for a hint of citrus/anise flavor. Very tasty!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #807
Glinda

Today, I made some top-notch guacamole. Best batch ever!

Old 03-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #808
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today I made piles of ashes.

A few of them.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #809
Glinda

Quote:
Today I made piles of ashes.

A few of them.
Who did you incinerate now?!?!
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #810
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Oh, I've got it! It was sitting in the foam pocket on the pallet but then there was a wood and cardboard crate/box over it.
So straps through the pallet to get it off the truck then take the box off and lift it out of the base.
No no--you're still thinking about this logically, like someone who knew what they were doing. The table saw was wrapped in styrofoam, on top of a wooden pallet. The store used a forklift (presumably) to load the pallet onto the back of his regular-person pickup truck. He drove home. He backed the truck up to the open garage door, and shoved the pallet up to the edge of the truck's open tailgate. But we don't own a forklift, so he rolled a workbench up to the edge of the tailgate, since they were approximately the same height, and then he and the neighbor hefted the saw off the pallet and laterally onto the table with their manly arms. Then the neighbor fled, because it was way heavier than they thought and he nearly bust a hernia just sliding it over a few feet.

Now it was stuck on the table, and Mr. Clod was alone. So he rolled the workbench back a few feet until it was under the ceiling racks, used the ratchet straps to lift the saw a few inches, then slid the workbench out from underneath it. About this time--with the several-hundred-pound piece of machinery dangling sideways from the ceiling--he began to realize how incredibly insane this whole plan was, but it was far too late to reverse course. So he moved the pallet and the styrofoam underneath the hanging table saw to raise the "floor" as many inches as he could. Then he began an even more insane process of tightening, loosening, and adding straps to rotate the fucking thing 90 degrees so that it was now upright, then continued lowering it down onto the floor.

At some point during the rotation process, a rolling office chair was used to support one bottom corner while a strap was moved from a side-supporting to a top-supporting position. I'm not even kidding. I really and truly thought I was going to have to call 911 because he'd crushed a limb.

Tags
diy