The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #1741
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

whew....!Hope you are doing better monster,,,keep your chin up. Literally!

We're waiting expectantly with you for the little one too
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #1742
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I washed my Motorola smart phone and it did not revive after sitting in rice overnight. That's about $500 more to Verizon Wireless.

My mortgage waits another two weeks and goes into penalty. As it almost always does, costing me more money all the time.

My manager was unable to give me any positive thoughts that our failed group dynamic will improve in any way, only that it will get worse for the next three months, while we are in a critical mode as we are moving the office. "You want out of the group, and your co-worker doesn't like you and no longer wants to work with you... and it's a team situation that won't work at all if you don't communicate... but we think you do not have the skills to move anywhere else in the company. And we really need you to stay in the group for at least the next three months. What can I do as a manager to improve the situation?" "Nothing I can think of." "Well if you think of something let me know." *faceplant*
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #1743
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I washed my Motorola smart phone and it did not revive after sitting in rice overnight. That's about $500 more to Verizon Wireless.

My mortgage waits another two weeks and goes into penalty. As it almost always does, costing me more money all the time.

My manager was unable to give me any positive thoughts that our failed group dynamic will improve in any way, only that it will get worse for the next three months, while we are in a critical mode as we are moving the office. "You want out of the group, and your co-worker doesn't like you and no longer wants to work with you... and it's a team situation that won't work at all if you don't communicate... but we think you do not have the skills to move anywhere else in the company. And we really need you to stay in the group for at least the next three months. What can I do as a manager to improve the situation?" "Nothing I can think of." "Well if you think of something let me know." *faceplant*

You can have my unused cricket phone?
Did you really put your phone in rice?

I am sorry about your morgage. I used to pay my rent like that so I know how you feel.

Lastly, your work troubles. damn. I'm really clueless there. I have empty hands and flimsy platitudes.

I wasn't much help. sorry. I hope things improve quickly.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #1744
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thanks Sky. Yup, if your phone gets wet, the #1 approach people have found is to put it into a container of rice overnight, so that the rice slowly sucks away all the moisture.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #1745
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

tony, you're saying that your co worker doesn't 'like' you?

how can that be? what kind of a wang would
'not like' you? ... am i misunderstanding your post?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #1746
skysidhe

oh

I just googled 'smart phone' . It's a nice phone. ...
Old 04-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #1747
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Have you checked out buying a used phone to avoid ponying up full price to Verizon?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #1748
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Thanks Sky. Yup, if your phone gets wet, the #1 approach people have found is to put it into a container of rice overnight, so that the rice slowly sucks away all the moisture.
That only works if your phone is made in China or India.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #1749
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yes well you never know what kind of dynamic is going to happen in the workplace.

My coworker finds me to be too laid back and error prone and disinterested in playing the alpha-geek game.

I tend to fold under such situations and admit defeat, which really annoys the alphas. They want you to play. They do things like hide their information and then mock you for not knowing it.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #1750
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

The work situation sucks UT. You have my symapthy.

I take it you didn't have insurance on the phone?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #1751
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No I have this theory that you shouldn't insure something you should theoretically be able to afford to replace. The theory falls apart when you can't afford much of anything though.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #1752
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Given that I kinda know you IRL, UT, my suggestion would be to head into the office one day and just be ridiculously outgoing with a hint of aggressiveness. I do that at my job sometimes and it totally fucks with people and keeps them on edge.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #1753
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
"And we really need you to stay in the group for at least the next three months. What can I do as a manager to improve the situation?"
Dude, you've just been given a free pass! Pull an Office Space; do whatever the hell you want. Show up late, take long lunches, start referring to your coworker exclusively as "shitwit" but with a huge grin so he can never be sure if you're out-alphaing him or just being rude... Maybe you'll even convince him to quit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #1754
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
They do things like hide their information and then mock you for not knowing it.
lol! I have completely been there!!
They get this aghast look on their face when they realize that you are not up to speed with what they were intentionally hiding from you.
Wankers!!

Let them let you go, do not quit. Lead them on, get your unemployment, get your severance pckg. whatever. I was in a special projects group like that...It ended with me in a bay of 40 comps. by myself because the small group did not like me (2 members) but they still needed me. So screwy. A building full of people sitting side by side, and me, in a bay of 40 comps. by myself, separated from my group. After awhile I quit, but I should have stayed and got my severance. They were the last group in the building and got to stay after the doors were shut. I would have been alone, but not by myself (with severance).

Last edited by Cicero; 04-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #1755
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Given that I kinda know you IRL, UT, my suggestion would be to head into the office one day and just be ridiculously outgoing with a hint of aggressiveness. I do that at my job sometimes and it totally fucks with people and keeps them on edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Dude, you've just been given a free pass! Pull an Office Space; do whatever the hell you want. Show up late, take long lunches, start referring to your coworker exclusively as "shitwit" but with a huge grin so he can never be sure if you're out-alphaing him or just being rude... Maybe you'll even convince him to quit.
This is the way to go! Appear to be playing their alpha-male game whilst actually mocking it. Meanwhile big hugs UT ...

Tags
swiss