The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #1336
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Check out this kid's case mod/desk, it's great.
http://members.optuszoo.com.au/stealthdesk/index.html
Old 02-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #1337
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I don't get it.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #1338
lookout123
changed his status to single

That's pretty awesome, good find Bruce. That amazes me as my design would have stopped at the "get sheet of plywood and 4 milkcrates" stage.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #1339
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
List of the day: Olan Mills photos. lmfao!

http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/200...ls-photos.html

If thoughtful Lance/mirthful Lance doesn't make you laugh you are not alive. (Hope noone here is Lance.) My friend and I used to laugh at HS double photos like that, saying it looked like their twin accidentally walked into the shot.

I had to go make sure my graduation photo wasn't on there! I only say because my entire graduating class ended up laminated on a table in a pizza joint.
Ya neber know!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #1340
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Stuff trucks spill on the highway, gallery.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #1341
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

oo ooo

I got some of those too. Sometimes I see really good accidents, but it's too dark or unsafe to snap a picture.

Love that site, Bruce!

I especially like the (old) one of the Werner truck embedded in a storefront. Same model as mine too!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #1342
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Scented Candles for men

The Ballpark - The smell of fresh-cut grass, dirt, peanuts and beer make this candle smell just like a day at the ballpark. This candle will take you "out with the crowd" for a sunny afternoon of fun on the diamond.

Hot Wings - The smell of just deep fried hot wings smothered with wing sauce. The combination of butter and hot sauce is enough to drive you nuts. You'll be on your way to Hooters 10 minutes after lighting this candle!

Bacon Cheeseburger - The delicious smell of a big, meaty bacon cheeseburger. This candle will ignite the fire within your man as he hungers for flame-broiled beef. This man-scent smells so much like a burger you'll think the grill is on!

Baseball Glove - A leather scented candle that smells just like a freshly broken in baseball glove. A perfect summer scent, this candle brings you back to your Little League days when bubble tape and big league chew reigned supreme.

4th of July - The combination of gunpowder and sulfer gives this man candle the distinctive fireworks smell all guys appreciate. What man won't love the scent of colorful explosions?

Beer - What guy doesn't love beer? The perfect candle for our 16oz pint glass, this beer-candle gives that barley and hops scent that any beerdrinker will recognize. No drinking until the candle is gone!

Dirt - It's a fact - guys like getting dirty. This manliest of man candles has a fantastic earthy scent every guy knows. Perfect for the fisherman, athlete, hiker, camper or just a plain-old dirty guy!

Sawdust - The Manterns sawdust candle is for the rugged handyman that just can't get enough of that workshop scent. Any woodworker, lumberjack or craftsman will recognize this familiar scent of freshly cut wood.

Cinnamon Buns - A tribute to Mitch Hedberg! It's as if a pan of cinnamon buns have been baking in the oven all morning. The sweet smell of cinnamon and icing gives hope that a real batch of cinnamon buns are ready to enjoy!

Whiskey - A candle Mr. Daniels and Mr. Beam would be proud of. This whiskey candle has the rustic smell of a glass of whiskey on the rocks. The perfect candle for our 8oz whiskey glass size.

The Woods - Perfect for the outdoorsman, this forest-scented candle combines the distinct smells of trees such as cedar, pine and oak with a touch of dirt for a unique scent that, until now, only a day in the woods could provide.

Tennis Ball Can - Who doesn't love the scent of a freshly opened can of tennis balls? The perfect combination of rubber and flourescent yellow gives this candle that distinct smell any sports-lover will recognize.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1343
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In a beautifully-written piece, getting a lot of linkage today, Major Brian Shul describes what it was like to pilot an SR-71.

Quote:
One day, high above Arizona, we were monitoring the radio traffic of all the mortal airplanes below us. First, a Cessna pilot asked the air traffic controllers to check his ground speed. 'Ninety knots,' ATC replied. A twin Bonanza soon made the same request. 'One-twenty on the ground,' was the reply. To our surprise, a navy F-18 came over the radio with a ground speed check. I knew exactly what he was doing. Of course, he had a ground speed indicator in his cockpit, but he wanted to let all the bug-smashers in the valley know what real speed was 'Dusty 52, we show you at 525 on the ground,' ATC responded. The situation was too ripe. I heard the click of Walter's mike button in the rear seat. In his most innocent voice, Walter startled the controller by asking for a ground speed check from 81,000 feet, clearly above controlled airspace. In a cool, professional voice, the controller replied, 'Aspen 20, I show you at 1,742 knots on the ground.' We did not hear another transmission on that frequency all the way to the coast.
Several teeth-gritting tales, including a climax where they reach Mach 3.5 while in a climb, being chased by missiles over Libya.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #1344
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Parent's Wish

http://parentswish.com/site01/big.html
Old 03-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #1345
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Some very cool medical images.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #1346
skysidhe

google mp3 search engine

http://www.mp3gle.net/
Old 03-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #1347
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
After search "doctor who", and getting anything but, I tried another searh, and kept getting "Service Temporarily Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

I think I'll stick to MP3Sparks for now.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #1348
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

37 dioramas from the Washington Post, "Peep Show" contest.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032101983.html
Old 03-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #1349
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Automatic ball-tosser keeps dog amused and exercised all day long!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #1350
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

That's funny, BrianR!