The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-07-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
alamuhan
Romantic Necromancer

Question What do u wonder about CHINA ?

Now ,we r suffering SARS, it's a big challenge.
What else do u want to know about China ?
i'm a college student in Shan Dong ,east of China.
My English is poor,but , u can get me,aren't u ?
Ok, we can talk everything about my Homeland !
alamuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Billy has started a similar thread, but let me ask both of you this question: How did you find us here at the Cellar? It's always interesting to see how people stumble upon us.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ooh! Let me ask you this: What would you have as a typical dinner in China? For example, on a typical evening, my fiance and I might eat lasagna (an italian dish consisting of flat wide noodles, with ricotta and parmesan cheese, beef, and tomato sauce).
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #4
Billy
Professor

Know you here

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
How did you find us here at the Cellar?
I know you in one Chinese forum (www.tianyaclub.com) English section. The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. So I come here. I unimagine it is so cool here.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:46 AM   #5
alamuhan
Romantic Necromancer

Re: Know you here

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy

I know you in one Chinese forum (www.tianyaclub.com) English section. The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. So I come here. I unimagine it is so cool here.

Haha, it is a marvel ! "The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. "---- I happened to write an article about that Look Here , the world is so small ,isn't it ?

Typical dinner ? How do u think, Billy ? Rice , i think ,it's the main food ; there are also many dishs, such as "Hong Shao" Pork ,u know ,i don't know how to say it ,but it's very delicious !
(personly speaking,i love "eggs &tomatos )
Old 05-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hi Al, I see you're about 2000km north of Billy and about parallel with our mid-atlantic states. I also noticed Beijing is much further north than I have thought and China extends way above Korea.
The recent influx of Chinese to the Cellar has made me revisit my geography lessons. That's good.
Has your area had the build up of industry and commerce that Foshan has?
Do the local people resent different ethnics speaking different dialects coming in to take jobs?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Thank you. I am wondering this about China very much:

Many way are there to talk here from your country to you? Who there can say yes or no to your internet? Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? Is there much watching of the internet by many of the government and the People's Liberation Army?

Thank you very much.
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #8
Billy
Professor

I have posted it top other section

Quote:
Originally posted by alamuhan
Typical dinner ? How do u think, Billy ?
Thank you for introducing me to come so cool website. Your English is wonderful. Where are you from and what do you do?

I have posted my view about China food in other section of this web. You can go to see it.

Last edited by Billy; 05-09-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #9
Billy
Professor

Good communication

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
The recent influx of Chinese to the Cellar has made me revisit my geography lessons.
Yeah, it is a good way that you know us and we know you. Now I just answer you and forget to ask you. I will ask you soon. OK?

Last edited by Billy; 05-09-2003 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #10
alamuhan
Romantic Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

Has your area had the build up of industry and commerce that Foshan has?
Do the local people resent different ethnics speaking different dialects coming in to take jobs?

I'm in the capital city of Shandong--Ji'nan.I have not been to Foshan,so i can't tell Ji'nan from Foshan. Ji'nan is a city of more than 2k years history ,do u know Confucius ? He's born here
We do have build up industry and commerce here,but it is still under develping, whose GDP is higher ? I don't know .

Since I'm not a native here in Shandong, i have to say people here r kind-hearted, hardworking and of great hospitality, welcome to Shandong

By the way ,do u know Haier ? a most famous brand in China, it's in Shandong ,too .
Old 05-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #11
Billy
Professor

I am from PuYang, Henan Province

Han, I from Puyang, near Ji'nan. Many my middle school calssmates study there and work in ShanDong. I have not been to Ji'nan. I know if famous as Spring City. But now there are few spring in the city. Confucius, China old famous ideologist and philosopher, was born, teached and lived in Shandong.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:37 PM   #12
alamuhan
Romantic Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris Boy
Thank you. I am wondering this about China very much:

Many way are there to talk here from your country to you? Who there can say yes or no to your internet? Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? Is there much watching of the internet by many of the government and the People's Liberation Army?

Thank you very much.
There r many ISP here , it's just up to your money
"Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? "---exactly i don't know ,but i haven't have any problem of that yet .
Our government and PLA have their own job to do , and , if they r watching we all the day , how can i talk here at Cellar ?
Old 05-10-2003, 09:32 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Al, you can't assume you're not being watched just because they have not stopped you. I don't see anything that you've said here that would upset them. I always assume that "someone" is aware of everything I do in public. The internet and telephones are public.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #14
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Someday Billy is going to stop posting here and we will all wonder ... did he just move on, or did he hear the knock of authority on his door ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:42 AM   #15
Billy
Professor

I will go on

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
Someday Billy is going to stop posting here and we will all wonder ... did he just move on, or did he hear the knock of authority on his door ...
I am falling in love you, Cellar.org. I see you many times one day. I dream to hold you in night. I hope to chat with you every day. You teach me more here. I feel coming back in school class, siting beside one coffee table.

I plan to the USA in China New Year holiday to meet oenm my freiend and contact schools. I don't know if I can get one visa. It is difficult to get one now.