The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #2101
monster
I hear them call the tide

the person who uses a title and a smiley for every post they make. Not everything is important enough to require its own title. and the smilies ...gngh

What? It's Monday morning and I'm 39, I'm allowed to be crotchety. Get off my Interwebz.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #2102
Griff
still says videotape

hmmm... maybe a drivers test would be in order to allow use of the cellar exit... if you're talking about the 127 airhead.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:01 PM   #2103
monster
I hear them call the tide

actually I wasn't...but she soon made the other one less irritating see -everything happens for a reason.....
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #2104
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
actually I wasn't...but she soon made the other one less irritating see -everything happens for a reason.....
Haggis - I was gonna post that in the "whats making you happy" thread and then I forgot.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #2105
Juniper
I know, right?

OK . . . this is a notch above mildly irritating, but not quite upsetting. I am living in utter CHAOS. The only thing that kept me from totally freaking out this evening was a nicely timed TV spot featuring hurricane damaged homes - mine is not quite that bad, it just feels that bad.

We are having hardwood flooring installed in our kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway, and stairway.

It's going to be beautiful, but DAMN what a mess it is in the meantime. It's going slower than anticipated too, because we hired a "friend" and you know how that goes. Good thing is that we're getting the labor in exchange for our old 1977 camper. Bad thing is . . . well, this guy and his helper are really getting on my nerves. If nothing else, I'm getting awfully tired of fat guy butt crack.

And they ordered the wrong size edging for the stairs, so that's gonna take a while, ugh, ugh, ugh. They promised me it would be done by Thanksgiving. Damn near waited till the last minute for that, didn't they? Well, if it's all done but the stairs it won't be the end of the world.

But now just think of all the work I have to do to get this place in shape for turkey day, when my FIL is coming, my SIL and her kids and her new boyfriend we haven't met yet . . . and I haven't even bought a thing for the meal yet because where the hell would I put it? I can't even get to my friggin' cabinets, hardly.

So in the meantime I'm trying to clean up the lower level, which has been piled up with mucho crap since we had to clear out my mom's condo (and there's still stuff at the condo, in the garage, double ugh) so bad that we could hardly even use that area.

And we continue to clean up cat pee. Can't bring ourselves to put Ms. Ancient Kitty at rest. She's decided she prefers shallow trays, OK. But then she hangs her ass over the edge. And she pees next to every other box throughout the house, she can't use the one we've provided just for her. Today she pissed on the floor installer's knee pads; they squished when he put them on. They are now in my dryer.

Someday I'll look back on this and laugh, right?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #2106
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Is this prefinished flooring?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #2107
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

I read that as peefinished.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #2108
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
...Ms. Ancient Kitty...pissed on the floor installer's knee pads; they squished when he put them on. They are now in my dryer.

Someday I'll look back on this and laugh, right?
Haggis. Oh, just haggis!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #2109
Juniper
I know, right?

Ha ha, yes, prefinished maple. Which will, I'm sure, become peefinished in no time.

She went on a decorating spree last night, but fortunately only got the cardboard boxes spread out to protect them mid-install.

Then one of the cats (C.C. the kitchen cat, I assume) knocked over a half-full (half-empty?) cup of ice cream drink all over the floor, adorning not one type of surface but three: finished floor in progress, black tarpaper underlayment, and bare subfloor. Yum!

I have to go in a few minutes and fetch the stair trim from two different flooring warehouses - one has three, one has four . . . and we need 12, but at least this is progress.

Last edited by Juniper; 11-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #2110
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Bit of a stuffy nose, actually. I hate it when one side is all stuffy and the other side is all runny....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #2111
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I keep wandering up blind alleys with my research. Starting to feel the pressure somewhat. Spent about 4 hours at the local archives today and found not very much.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #2112
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
So, it's preferable for the large raised gap in the dress to be at the crotch, rather than one smaller one at each side?
I personally prefer to lift the lady's dress straight up from behind. YMMV.

Juniper, we're doing the floor thing in our new addition too! laminate in our case, done by me, with help from my dad (now back in NC) so far. The family room is done.. now I just have to do the bedroom. I wish there was a place upstairs I could do the sawing, but I don't want to deal with all the sawdust. However, that means I'll spend as much time running up and down the stairs to and from the saw as I will putting the flooring down.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #2113
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

get the kids to do it
oh and pics or it never happened!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #2114
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Working on Thanksgiving Day (healthcare is 24/7), save some turkey for me.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #2115
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My Dad is playing the Susan Boyle album. AGAIN.
She sounds far better on the album than she ever did live. She actually has a good voice, so I eat words previously spoken (unless it's all studio trickery) and a great range.

But the album is so bloody mournful!
She covers Daydream Believer, which always used to bring back memories of the taste of cider and fumbled encounters at teenage parties. Now it sounds like it's being sung in church at the funeral of a cheerleader.

Gah!
Put on La Cage Aux Folles and get out your feather boa I say!

Tags
mild cheddar