The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #121
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

hiring immagrants? sure...

If i lived in Ms or La, I would prolly be WAY too busy sweeping my own front steps to have time to be employed by a beaurocratic orginization to sweep around others'.
Point well made , TW. It would be totally obteuse (IMO) to campain amongst the residents there to "pitch in and help cleanup". For crissakes what the hell ARE they doing? Maybe trying to secure grounds for their own families? Get a daggum streetsign off their sofa? Precisely.
Hell, I'd love to go give a hand in their recovery but I can bearly find the time to keep capnhowdy's place running smoothly and I haven't seen any kin to a disaster here stronger than a lightning strike 80 yds away in since I remember.
The "unemployed" people there are not jobless. They are there to regain their ground and get their lives together collectively.
All phases of public service from all areas of the country should be there ALONG WITH the local people.
It chaps my cheeks to look at the news vidclips and see loads of natives just standing there stumbling over debris, etc., looking hopeless when they could just get their asses up and DO something about it instead of waiting and wondering where and when the next wave of help will hail. But hell, I can see where they may be in "shock" so to speak.
One of my customers had a guest a couple weeks ago that were from NO. They were speechless, scared , bewildered, and devastated about the whole damn thing. They weren't exactly sure about their property, but had seen video of places near there. I was impressed mostly by one thing: ALL THE HELL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS GET BACK AND CHECK ON ....... their community. RE: Uncle Jack, brother Jimmy, Joe , John, Bob, & Julian. And that lady that just moved in they hadn't learned her name yet. Sure they were concerned about their place. And I bet my ass when they got there they went to work and didn't sit on their asses and whine about why someone didn't send someone else to do whoodefuck knowswhoosjob.
I won't comment on GW's actions and response for reasons ,...well just guess & you'll most likely be close; but I WILL say I'd hate to have his job in these times of woe and want. These are fellow countrymen and we should ALL stand strong for and with them.
I say again: God bless America.
And I'm thankful also that THIS TIME we're not too busy helping other freakin people outside our part of the world to help our own. Or are we?
That's all I gotta say about that.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #122
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

i'll have to do some research but I just can't help but wonder: What is the immigrant/ native ratio in this area?
Call me lazy.... I've been called worse.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #123
SCHUNE
OLD MAN ON THE HILL

THE VOTING PUBLIC IS ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PROBLEM. IF WE WOULD VOICE OUR OUTRAGE TO THE POWERS THAT BE THEY WOULD MOVE TO REMEDY. IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING RE-ELECTED.
SCHUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #124
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar, SCHUNE.
You are sooooo right.